Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Damien Plessis Player Thread (Panathinaikos)

Read 29301 times
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Re: Damien Plessis Player Thread
      Reply #23: Apr 05, 2008 07:33:38 pm
      I think that Plessis had a great game, i don't think he is ready for a first team spot just yet, but give him time and I'm sure that he well start to look like a good player. He has a bright future ahead of him.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 05, 2008 07:37:34 pm
      A pleasant surprise today,who even expected him to play.He gave a good performance against an experience Midfield player like Cesc.Lets see if he can cut the mustard further down the line,hes got a lot of competition ahead of him.
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Reply #25: Apr 05, 2008 08:16:13 pm
      Better than sissoko ever was and ever will be.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #26: Apr 05, 2008 08:44:46 pm
      I haven't actually seen the match so I haven't seem him playing, but from what everyone is saying about him, he seems like a good player and one for the future. Hope to see him play more matches.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Apr 05, 2008 08:57:42 pm
      Damien Plessis had a steady game he kept it simple and showed he has a quickness of thought with neat passes and even when the kid made a mistake he didn't let it get to him and now we see the reason the reserves are doing so well this season and with Damien getting a run out in the first team I expect more to follow next season....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Apr 05, 2008 09:23:52 pm
      Well Done Damien......

A very composed debut...........Didn't do anything fantastic, but didn't do anything silly either.

Looks a good prospect for the future, nice to see Rafa blooding some of the youngsters in the first team, and it will get the other reserves wondering when it will be their turn.

Prash
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 05, 2008 10:50:52 pm
      i really liked him when watching the reserves; after today, lets just hope he stays in rafas first team!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2008 12:20:11 am
      Hey for fck sack the lad has had his first game and we are already deciding if he is a world beater for me he done well as the rest of the midfirld thank fck for sanity because judjing by the replys there is not much on here . sorry for the miskakes been on the ale had the winner today though
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2008 01:16:00 am
      Better than sissoko ever was and ever will be.

momo played over 50 games for us, this lad has played 1.  no doubt about, he had a great debut, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here.  as i have said in a previous thread, voronin looked sh*t hot in his first few games!!

the signs are there though he could be a usefull adition to the squad
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2008 02:38:54 am
      Admittedly, I've never watched any of the reserves apart from read the reports and few snippets of action on our Reserves thread here. When I saw this bloke in the tunnel, i thought to myself, who the F**k is that? had to wait fro the team sheet to find out it was Plessis.

I thought he did really well and looked very comfortable on the ball...broke up play a few times and got some nice passes in. Just a shame he couldn't mark his debut with a goal ....he must have learnt to shoot from Riise because his shot landed in Row Z. ;)

Just a sidenote..in that news article above it said that Rafa thought Riise played a good game. I thought he was totally and utter crap. Couldn't go around a man and couldn't put one decent cross in...but that's going off topic, so sorry.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Apr 06, 2008 09:14:56 am
      Aussie I agree with your comments ,the lad did well for his 1st game.As regards Riise he is a shadow of his former self ( in the football sense not in his size sense.)I think it definitely shows that if we had a good left and righter winger there would not be a club to get anywhere near us.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #34: Apr 06, 2008 10:01:34 am
       Really liked the lad in his debut.
       better than sissoko IMO (who had more experience with Valencia before   he came to liverpool)
        Great future ...more games  and he will even get better
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #35: Apr 06, 2008 11:58:13 am
      Really liked the lad in his debut.
       better than sissoko IMO (who had more experience with Valencia before   he came to liverpool)
        Great future ...more games  and he will even get better
      Agreed. This lad looks comfortable with the ball and I can only see him improving with experience, another Patrick Viera in the making?
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #36: Apr 06, 2008 03:29:49 pm
      Just a shame he couldn't mark his debut with a goal ....he must have learnt to shoot from Riise because his shot landed in Row Z. ;)

:lmao: Hilarious! i do hope he gets better though.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #37: Apr 06, 2008 06:28:57 pm
      Awesome prospect of a player.

First of a few Rafa niños that will come good in the 1st team.

Thought Damien was very classy on the ball, loads of natural talent...

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #38: Apr 06, 2008 07:05:46 pm
      I agree Don he does seem to have a bit of skill fresh from the ranks and a bit of a youth injection to the team is due I reckon.  He has obviously been doing his homework o Arsenal too by the looks of things cos he seemed to know where they were and I don't remember him giving the ball away once.  I agree with Aussie about his shooting though ;D but fairplay to the lad if you don't try you'll never score (Riise this does not apply to you) ;D

Good show!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #39: Apr 06, 2008 07:38:34 pm
      I agree Don he does seem to have a bit of skill fresh from the ranks and a bit of a youth injection to the team is due I reckon.  He has obviously been doing his homework o Arsenal too by the looks of things cos he seemed to know where they were and I don't remember him giving the ball away once.  I agree with Aussie about his shooting though ;D but fairplay to the lad if you don't try you'll never score (Riise this does not apply to you) ;D

Good show!

I thought Rafa's pre-match answer about him being picked was brilliant

"We need somebody to understand what Arsenal's french team say to each other" - thought that was brilliant.

IRWT
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2008 07:38:49 pm
      He has obviously been doing his homework o Arsenal too by the looks of things cos he seemed to know where they were and I don't remember him giving the ball away once.

That part of his game is always apparent in the reserve matches mate. He very rarely gives the ball away. He usually keeps things simple and will usually be about to win the ball back.
      Stepping up against Arsenal and playing no different to the way he usually plays was great to see.

I've mentioned this in the past, but the only negative I have picked up on, is that he's very left footed. Would be an advantage to him if he worked on his right foot. But he's not doing too badly as it is these days. Good luck to the lad.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2008 02:12:01 pm
      Well happy with the lad, I think he worked really well with crouchy. could be another pairing and another selction headache for Rafa :D.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #42: Aug 01, 2008 02:43:22 pm
      Plessis chasing more Liverpool action
      tribalfooball.com - August 01, 2008

Damien Plessis is hoping for more midfield chances at Liverpool this season.
      The 20 year-old Frenchman made a shock Premiership debut last term against Arsenal and is rated highly by manager Rafa Benitez.

"This season I hope to show a little more," Plessis told L'Equipe. "Mr Benitez helped me get to know the Premier League last season with a match against Arsenal. I thank him. I know that this is a good coach, he likes the tactics, everything ... I wish I had more playing time, but it must be on merit.

"I'm feeling well in Liverpool. The coach is cool ... for the moment ... because he's playing me (laughs)!"

He can be on the bench in the early season 'cos Lucas & masch. are away. he only needs more experience
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #43: Aug 01, 2008 04:29:14 pm
      I think he really has to take his shot during the first month because after that it will be very hard to get back into the middle of the park with the amount of talent we got.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2008 04:31:24 pm
      I think he is good enough. Should Alonso leave, no reason why that spot cant be his permanently. He and Masch are the only one's who are natural holding mid's and they do it so well.

I hope he sticks around for a while, i really do. I rate him very highly and will only get better.
      Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2008 04:32:35 pm
      very good player.rafa must be clever before wenger grap him.

Quick Reply