Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Outgoing Players

Read 10461 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Re: Outgoing Players
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2008 01:53:00 pm
      barrymanulow, how do you compare Lucas with Kewell??? for me Lucas has done well and i expect big things in the future he isn't even close to being a winger or a sick note... and benayoun, i like his attitude and think he gives the squad depth, you cant just have a team of stars! you need players who will come in and do the job if needed. I think sell Pennant,Riise should go ( not Risse) for all his faults hes still been a good servant to the club! Carson,Voronin, Itandje, that would be it for me we should have enough money to be a buying club and get in five quality additions.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2008 03:33:48 pm
      I wouldn't listen to him too much mate, the fact he's only made 6 posts & got 10 minus ratings says it all really.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #48: Apr 22, 2008 05:12:11 pm
      Ahh i see.. Cheers Eddie, i wont pay to much attention to him in future. hello everyone by the way, just noticed Ive been rather ignorant jumping into conversations without introducing myself first.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2008 12:36:41 am
      Well keep Dirk Kuyt as I feel he is usefull, and does score some half important goals. His first CL goal was too late in the final against Milan last season, now he's scored in every round. Against Marseille, Porto, Inter, Arsenal & Chelsea but hasn't scored against Besiktas I don't think - unlucky!

Anyway out going players?

Riise
      Pennant
      Kewell
      Crouch
      Voronin

We need to get rid of either Finnan or Arbeloa as a new RB will be bought. Probably Finnan as he's a lot older even though he's probably far better than Arbeloa. Jermaine Pennant in my opinion is not even good enough to fill in. Man Utd bring Nani or Park off the bench and we bring Pennant off the bench.. not acceptable in my opinion.

Our problem this season has been having a poor bench, sometimes when we can't get that goal we need someone to come in and change the game. Crouch can't do that, done it once or twice but not many times. Babel is better used as a supersub right now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2008 05:28:21 am
      I dont think the right is our problem as Finn is still doing a great job and Arby is Arby. The left is my concern and needs to be sorted ie. Riise must go.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #51: Apr 25, 2008 12:35:22 pm
      I think Crouch will be staying.
      IMO, its Riise/Pennant/kewell/voronin/carson who will be leaving.

Anyway, I see (hope) that our fullback position is like this next year.

One of Aurelio/Arbeloa starting.

A new signing starting on the other position (Bosingwa, Lahm, Rafinha)

Finnan and the other on of Aurelio/Arbeloa as cover.

Insua as 5th option.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #52: Apr 25, 2008 04:33:34 pm
      I don't want Alonso to go if he's to be replaced by someone like Barry. If replaced by another who can match him in terms of quality then I'd be happy. Iniesta would be a dream swap but they'd never want to think about that.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #53: Apr 25, 2008 08:58:40 pm
      Outgoing players really all boils down to who is in-bound.  Untill we have more info' on who is likely to be joining us it is very difficult to pinpoint who should go...

sandsy85
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 26, 2008 01:17:28 pm
      I'm sure Benitez will have a clearout but not so much that he he cannot make any money on them. I'm sure he could be tempted to sell Crouch but i still think there is a place for him in the squad. And also i think Riise will go for 5-10 mill Carson really dosent want to be there if he is not playing and you cant blame the man. Kewell is gone to the dogs done we will get nothing for him and he was just comming in to form then got injured at the world cup, think he should just call it a day. Finnan is too good of a player to sell think he will finish his years at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2008 01:24:24 pm by EddieC, Reason: Capital letters & punctuation added, easier to read now »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Apr 26, 2008 01:50:22 pm
      Agree with most of that, just Riise. 5-10 is highly optimistic. 4 million and ill be sweet!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #56: Apr 27, 2008 11:43:32 am
      I respect the fact that most of you want harry Kewell gone, but I will remind everyone in time that this was a mistake, when he is doing great things for his next club. Its fair enough to say that a player is a liability when they are always injured, so I can see other's point of view.
      However, the ability to go around a defender in the front third is an ability that very few have, and this is the special talent that Harry is blessed with. With 3 months now to recover, he will come back next season a better player.
      Top class left sided players are rare in the Premier League, and I think some are gradually finding out that Lucas is not in the same class, again at Birmingham he was found wanting, losing the ball at every dribble he attempted.
      I still say Voronim, Risse, Lucas, Kuyt, and Benayoum should go.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #57: Apr 27, 2008 12:04:24 pm
      Lucas not playing well or not playing to his potential doesn't support your claim that Harry is class mate... Harry needs to do-one.. sharpish..
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #58: Apr 27, 2008 12:09:34 pm
      I don't want Alonso to go if he's to be replaced by someone like Barry. If replaced by another who can match him in terms of quality then I'd be happy.

I agree... I've no doubt Stevie is behind the recent interest in Barry but is he better than Alonso?...
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #59: Apr 27, 2008 12:13:50 pm
      I think that these player must be out : Itandje, Carson, Riise, Finnan, Kewell (free), Voronin & either Pennant or benayoun. total about 20-27 mill. Deal !
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #60: Apr 27, 2008 12:16:25 pm
      I think that these player must be out : Itandje, Carson, Riise, Finnan, Kewell (free), Voronin & either Pennant or benayoun. total about 20-27 mill. Deal !

Agree but we'd probably need to keep Benayoun & Pennant for backup as we haven't got any other wingers. Buy two quality wingers in the summer and use these two as back up, then the season after we can offload them when we've got money to spend on potential world class wingers!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #61: Apr 27, 2008 12:18:33 pm

Wouldn't we also want to keep one of our 2 back up keepers?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #62: Apr 27, 2008 12:33:11 pm
      Whats the problem with Itandje? Not classy enough? The guy doesnt play! Find someone who will cost less and just as happy to warm the bench. He plays around 5 games in the season and doesnt complain, doesnt cost much to keep here and we want to offload him? Why waste money on someone else to play second fiddle to Pepe?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #63: Apr 27, 2008 03:45:20 pm
      I think if Itandje goes and Carson goes aswell Mihaylov will just return and be the second goalie. I think Itandje is a good goalie though so will wait and see what happens.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #64: Apr 27, 2008 08:26:53 pm
      The players I personally see going out are:

Crouch - Been interest from a couple of other clubs already and since we cant guarentee that he'll even be in the squad most the time I think he'll just give up and go, which is a shame because he's been pretty good even though he is completely useless in the air (with his head, i think we all remember the overhead kick in the champions league).

Riise - Another player I really like, getting on a bit now though so I feel if we are going to get rid of him then it may as well be the end of this season and with romoured links to Newcastle (although the mag scum are being linked with everyone) and Aston Villa i'd say we might get a fair price for him.

Voronin - Entirely disappointing, a waste of money (not the transfer fee, I know he was a free transfer) simply paying him was giving too much money for that cause.

Pennant - Someone around the low mid table might want him, maybe one of the clubs that manage to scrape survival this season. I really dont rate him, whilst in a couple of games he has done well (ie against Birmingham) he just doesn't do it enough. It's not like his age justifies his use as a squad player either as he's not going to develop any further. Id much rather see someone young (18-21) come in and take his place possibly with a more experienced player aswell in the same posistion.

Carson - If Villa dont try and buy him I will be very surprised, he was loaned there to cover for Sorenson and since then Carsons been 1st choice. I hope we dont sell him for pennies though because hes a good keeper.

Kewell - Do I need to say anything? One thing I will say is a Leeds fan I know form the pub is still bitter that we 'only' paid whatever we paid for him. I said to him that we probably could have got a cheaper physio chair cover from argos.

As for the person who mentioned Lucas earlier, he is meant to be the next big thing in Brazillian football and he has shown some potential this season. Don't forget that having sold Sissoko and with Mascherano's tempermant were always going to need a cover for that posistion haha.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #65: Apr 27, 2008 10:17:08 pm
      As for the person who mentioned Lucas earlier, he is meant to be the next big thing in Brazillian football and he has shown some potential this season. Don't forget that having sold Sissoko and with Mascherano's tempermant were always going to need a cover for that posistion haha.

We have Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and then there's the youngsters coming through such as Plessis i wouldn't lose any sleep over Lucas's departure.  I have seen some instances of what he may be capable of when he matures, but i am yet to see an awesome display from him and with the midfielders we already have he'll have to turn into a £20m player to get a regular place...
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #66: Apr 27, 2008 10:20:13 pm
      Yes but Gerrard now plays off the front man, so what were left with is Alonso and Mascherano who are established players Lucas and Plessis both are going to develop, hopefully into great players but Lucas is someone to keep hold of.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #67: Apr 27, 2008 10:29:49 pm
      Yes but Gerrard now plays off the front man, so what were left with is Alonso and Mascherano who are established players Lucas and Plessis both are going to develop, hopefully into great players but Lucas is someone to keep hold of.

I genuinely hope you are proven right, from what i've seen though he hasn't seemed to improve all season.  That bothers me.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #68: Apr 27, 2008 10:31:47 pm
      Lets be honest, he hasnt played much has he? I really do believe that Lucas will become a absolutley astounding player.

Quick Reply