Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Voronin, if you don't like it then just go!

Read 9621 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Voronin, if you don't like it then just go!
      Reply #69: Nov 08, 2008 01:27:48 am
      Oh come on now. JP isnt the nicest guy at the club, far from it, but I cannot and will not sit here and read he doesnt do well when given the chance. He has never been worst on the pitch. In fact, he is 99% of the time one of the best options in attack and does produce the goods when given the chance. Yes usually against a weak opposition but against Chelsea, AC Milan he was near, if not, best on ground.

He doesnt fight for a place because simply, Rafa doesnt want him and no matter what he does he wont play unless its a cup game. Finally, he isnt a money grabbing c**t. If he was, he wouldnt train, he wouldnt travel with the side and he'd be out of here in the blink of an eye, not sold but his contract terminated.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2008 01:35:16 am by crouchinho »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #70: Nov 08, 2008 01:37:48 am
      Oh come on now. JP isnt the nicest guy at the club, far from it, but i cannot and will not sit here and read he doesnt do well when given the chance. He has neer been worst on the pitch. In fact, he is 99% of the time one of the best options in attack and does produce the goods when given the chance. Yes usually against a weak opposition but against Chelsea, AC Milan he was near, if not, best on ground.

He doesnt fight for a place because simply, Rafa doesnt want him and no matter what he does he wont play unless its a cup game. Finally, he isnt a money grabbing c**t. If he was, he wouldnt train, he wouldnt travel with the side and he'd be out of here in the blink of an eye, not sold but his contract terminated.

Crouchy, sorry mate but no. The club would have to pay him compensastion if they terminated his contract. It'd be around the same amount they'd have to pay if he sees through his contract, so they keep hold of a player in the hope that a club comes in with a bid to give them money for Pennat's services. Something Stoke did, but that club wasn't "big" enough for Pennant, he'd rather sit in our reserves.

The final in Athens, Pennant was man of the match as far as I'm concerned. I said from January 07 to that final he was our most consistant performer, and to some extent our best player. But since Kuyt has been made into a makeshift right winger, Pennant hasn't shown that drive to force his way into the side to make himself a regular again. He'd rather just sit there and pick up his wages, do as little as he can when he's given a chance. If he really wanted to make an impression and say "look gaffer, you've got to play me now" he'd be runnin his bollocks off at every given chance. He doesn't.

He knew chances would be limited this year, as they where for him last year (injury plauged season granted) so instead of leavin to try and get regular first team football, he stayed put because of his wage packet. Finnan, Voronin and Crouch knew first team football wasn't granted, so left. If you'd like to think Pennant is fightin for his place then that's up to you. Personally I think he's happily ploddin along waitin for a club like Newcastle or City (a supposed big team) to come in and offer him another massive wage packet.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #71: Nov 08, 2008 01:42:15 am
      That is not the attitude this clubs wants or needs.

The attitude this club does not need, is fans calling current players greedy cu*ts and useless sh*t.

As I said, he has been given two chances in the league. Didnt play well, didnt play bad. It happens, even to the best. Judging his commitment on that is childish.

And what did Agger do when given the chance? Oh, yeah he started off be giving early christmas presents to Wigan. Isnt that a valid way to judge him? Oh yeah he also missed a bunch of chances the other day, he must surely be a money grabbing c**t.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #72: Nov 08, 2008 01:50:50 am
      Exactly mate.

JP knows exactly that there is no way anyone in the world will force Dirk out of the starting side unless he gets injured.

And as for his training routine, your there every day are you?

I dont like slagging off players who are treated unfairly unless its Voronin or Diouf but he isnt as bad as he's made out to be. He is the media pin up bad boy and it wont change.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #73: Nov 08, 2008 03:23:11 am
      Wasent the man not giving just an honest assesment of life in England. To be fair he never got a good run in the team and at times he looked a useful player. I mean he is right about the health issue, its sh*te. The crime rate is seriously high and anybody from outside Britain would find it hard to understand the scouse accent. It was Rafa that brought him to Anfield so maybe some of the blame lies with him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: Nov 08, 2008 10:34:29 am
      Wasent the man not giving just an honest assesment of life in England. To be fair he never got a good run in the team and at times he looked a useful player. I mean he is right about the health issue, its sh*te. The crime rate is seriously high and anybody from outside Britain would find it hard to understand the scouse accent. It was Rafa that brought him to Anfield so maybe some of the blame lies with him.

I think Rafa has noticed Andriy isnt good enough, hence the loan. He was brought in on a free by Rafa so there was no risk. It didnt work and we'll make a profit on him so its good business.

He was sometimes a handy player. A good attacking midfielder but dont need one of those and he cannot shoot for sh*t. Enjoy being a star there Andriy, plenty more seasons for you to enjoy it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #75: Nov 08, 2008 12:21:20 pm
      The attitude this club does not need, is fans calling current players greedy cu*ts and useless sh*t.

As I said, he has been given two chances in the league. Didnt play well, didnt play bad. It happens, even to the best. Judging his commitment on that is childish.

And what did Agger do when given the chance? Oh, yeah he started off be giving early christmas presents to Wigan. Isnt that a valid way to judge him? Oh yeah he also missed a bunch of chances the other day, he must surely be a money grabbing c**t.

So I suppose Charles Intandje is just fightin for his place an all eh mate. He's not a money grabber is he? He knows he's never gonna get a game ahead of Reina and now Cavalieri. He had the opportunity to leave and join Galatasary, but he'd rather rot in our reserves for more money.

Same with Pennant.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Nov 08, 2008 01:14:14 pm
      So I suppose Charles Intandje is just fightin for his place an all eh mate. He's not a money grabber is he? He knows he's never gonna get a game ahead of Reina and now Cavalieri. He had the opportunity to leave and join Galatasary, but he'd rather rot in our reserves for more money.

Same with Pennant.

I think with Charles, and this is just an educated guess, he wanted to move to France where he knows he'll play more and feels comfortable. I mean, moving from one country where you've struggled to settle in and moving to another country where you'll have to settle all over again would be very tough.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #77: Nov 08, 2008 01:34:05 pm
      I think with Charles, and this is just an educated guess, he wanted to move to France where he knows he'll play more and feels comfortable. I mean, moving from one country where you've struggled to settle in and moving to another country where you'll have to settle all over again would be very tough.

Very good point.

It's not like moving to Spain, Turkey or Italy is a run of the mill thing. Imagine your boss in work sayin 'Come get your bags fella, you're off to live in Japan next week.' ::)
      jeffslad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #78: Nov 08, 2008 02:01:42 pm
      its funny that AV seemed to be moaning about "everything and his dog"...til it came down to his wages.(I didnt read about that did anyone else?) maybe he realised that he wasnt good enough,and when the going gets tough.....he must have had a word with Harry Kewell ;).......its like the Arsenal fans used to sing to him..............

"fat Paris Hilton,your just a fat Paris Hilton"

How true!!  Lets hope hes pissed off for good,and taken that "poxy ponytail" with him :laugh:
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #79: Nov 08, 2008 03:21:10 pm

Same with Pennant.

Itandje was bought as a second-goalie. He was never bought as a guy who was supposed to get ahead of Reina. He was bought as someone satisfied with being cover. Cavalieri? Who had heard of him before he joined? He was second goalie at some brazilian club, give me one good reason Itandje did not have reason to believe that he could get ahead of Cavalieri in the pecking order?
      And also, can you prove Galatasaray made a bid that was accepted? Do you know his current salary? Do you know how much Galatasaray offered? Do you know if they demanded some weird clause in the contract? Do you know if he has family who maybe didnt want to move to Turkey?

In saying that he is a money grabber you are making so many unfounded assumptions that you could write a book about it!
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #80: Nov 29, 2008 01:19:01 pm

In saying that he is a money grabber you are making so many unfounded assumptions that you could write a book about it!

Sorry DLS, he's got a good point.

I'd like to add that there are very few 'reserve' keepers around that are outstanding.  This may seem obvious but if they were THAT good, they wouldn't be reserves would they?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #81: Dec 15, 2008 05:33:42 pm
      Personally i think Voronin is no good for a amazing club like Liverpool, he suits lower leagues with a slower pace as the England league has such a high tempo and Voronin will not be able to fight for a place in Liverpool. Personally i think Voronin is no where near the standards or ability that Torres and Keane have.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #82: Dec 15, 2008 05:40:25 pm
      When Voronin finishes his loan, I hope to God that he does not play in a Liverpool shirt again. To be honest I don't think he'd even get into the starting lineup of a team like Stoke.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #83: Dec 17, 2008 05:09:27 pm
      My mate said he is top scorer in europe at this moment....
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #84: Dec 17, 2008 05:18:29 pm
      My mate said he is top scorer in europe at this moment....

That post should be on Unlikely Hear at Anfield. ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #85: Dec 17, 2008 06:34:47 pm
      Just looked it up, my mates a tit :lmao: he has 2 goals in the league.... if you ask me thats not good enough and im sure you'll all agree... and then if i say 2 goals in teh league in more appearences is wrong :-/
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #86: Jan 01, 2009 05:11:38 pm
      What if Hertha (he is at Berlin isn't he?) don't want him?
      Not exactly setting the place alight with his goals is he?
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #87: Jan 01, 2009 05:15:36 pm
      By the way, just found this goal-den nugget from our own Gary Mac

Former Red Gary McAllister believes Rafael Benitez could have secured one of the signings of the season in Ukrainian striker Andriy Voronin.
      Voronin has made an immediate impression at Anfield since his free transfer switch in the summer from Bayer Leverkusen and already has three goals to his name from four games played.

"Sometimes when you bring in a player on a Bosman they turn out to be worth their weight in gold," said McAllister, who also excelled at Liverpool after signing on a free.

"To get a player like Andriy Voronin for free, we could be looking at one of the best signings of the season.

"Rafa won't need to spend a lot of time telling someone like Voronin what to do. A player of his experience and ability knows instinctively when to move and where to run to.

"You can tell just from a few performances already that he is very assured and knows exactly what he is doing. He reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham with his eye for a pass and the positions he takes up.

"Players like Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel represent buying potential. These players will only get better and better every year they play in the Premier League with better players around them. The manager will then add to these as he goes along.

"On the other hand, players like Yossi Benayoun and Andriy Voronin have arrived as experienced international footballers who have been around for a while. These are always valuable players to have at your disposal."

OOOOPS!!!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #88: Jan 01, 2009 05:33:26 pm
      I personally don't think he was such a big let down the games he played in for us were more a case of him getting used to the prem but in the end he failed here. He is also in a position to compare leagues so from that point he says the German league hasn't the strength of the English and like most of us who would not like to go back and change some part of your life that wasn't successful only I don't think it will happen as next season we will strengthen again and as for Andriy been there done that.....
      scouse-nation
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #89: Jan 01, 2009 05:33:56 pm
      He should have just sucked it and played his best game.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #90: Jan 01, 2009 05:51:29 pm
      Hahahaha! Oh dear Gary...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #91: Jan 01, 2009 05:52:44 pm
      Never mind Gary.

Rafa signed him.

Quick Reply