Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Do we have a Euro advantage?

Read 2011 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Do we have a Euro advantage?
      Apr 10, 2008 04:05:53 pm
      I dont know if many have realised the fixtures ourselves and Chelsea have before each leg of the semis? On April 19 we are away to Fulham chelsea travel to Everton. We then play the 1st leg at Anfield. The following weekend we travel to Birmingham while they play at home to the mancs...a title decider!! And then its the 2nd leg

Does anyone think this will give us an advantage? They have 2 tough games one as I said that will decide the title. They would need to put there best out. On the other hand we play 2 of the weaker teams were we could use some of our squad players maybe even the likes of Nemeth and still be fairly ok

Im not saying that were going to Mosscow because of this but I think we will have the fresher legs for the 2nd leg and therefore its slight advantage us. Anybody agree?
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 09:56:55 pm by koolkidda, Reason: Title changed »
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: an advantage?
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2008 04:54:40 pm
      They get to have well rested players before the Anfield encounter.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2008 04:59:48 pm
      See what Rafa meant by 'Rotating players to keep them fresh towards the end of the season'?

We'll be just as fresh.  We won't put out a full side against Fulham so who's arsed?  & Birmingham!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2008 05:09:30 pm
      well I reckon they have to go all out against the bitters an the scum. Where as I reckon Plessis maybe Insua and Nemeth could start with the likes of Riise Yossi Finnan against Fulham and Birmingham with Gerrard Torres  on the bench and take points while the lads would be fresh going into the 2 legs of the semis.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Re: Do we have a Euro advantage?
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2008 01:29:01 am
      Its a definite positive......I just wish we could have the second leg at anfield !!!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2008 01:37:48 am
      I dont mind taking fulham a little bit lightly but birmingham can be deadly.

The two games against Chelsea will be very interesting.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2008 04:13:40 am
      Nemeth and Plessis and co. must have a run ut against Fulham and Birmingham. We will be fresh and another magical Euro night will await Liverpool fans!
      indonesian-reds
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      • kopite for life!
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2008 06:45:17 am
      from the pattern before we finally meet chelsea, i'm optimistic that we'll reach the final... it is written that we'll reach the sixth champions cup! and i hope we'll beat man-u in the final, to shut their fn' mouth!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2008 08:20:24 am
      If we have an advantage it's gonna be because we,ve done well in the first leg at Anfield and the only advantage in them having to play the yuks will come at the end of the tie if it's still in the balance so lets wish them a real hard time in their match against the yuks...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2008 09:04:01 am
      Its a definite positive......I just wish we could have the second leg at anfield !!!
      We did not need the 2nd leg at Anfield against Inter Milan so we will not need it against Chelsea.RAFA and the MIGHTY REDS will succeed home and away,have faith.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2008 09:38:28 am
      We did not need the 2nd leg at Anfield against Inter Milan so we will not need it against Chelsea.RAFA and the MIGHTY REDS will succeed home and away,have faith.

Ah yeah but it would have been nice to get a feel for the mood at stamford bridge before taking them to anfield and stuffing them. I have every faith. Its getting boring putting Chelsea out at this stage !! IRWT
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Apr 11, 2008 09:56:30 am
      Ah yeah but it would have been nice to get a feel for the mood at stamford bridge before taking them to anfield and stuffing them. I have every faith. Its getting boring putting Chelsea out at this stage !! IRWT
      I can see where you are coming from Podge and you are right it would be nice to play the 1st leg away,but we did succeed against Inter and dont forget the Marseille games we played them at home 1st and did very well in the 2nd legs away.I will never forget when Fernando beat about 4or 5 men and scored a cracker of a goal.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Apr 11, 2008 10:01:59 am
      To be honest I think we can beat Chelsea anywhere !! Its just always nice to finish and progress to the next round at home !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Apr 11, 2008 10:44:25 am
      I just hope we dont get to cocky against them. Chelsea are in a dangerous position for us, they have something to prove and this is the trophy they want.

If i were Rafa, media ban for all just so they dont get psyched by the bas**rds in the media. Strong heads and we will march on, 2-1 on aggregate.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2008 10:54:05 am
      If only we had Little Luis playing for us!! i am sure he would have scored against the Chavs.

But, instead we have Torres who, I am sorry to say, is miles better. Hope he gets another hattrick, which sends us to the final, and then he scores another hattrick to win us the Champions league for the 6th time.

Nothing wrong with a little optimism.  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2008 12:47:31 pm
      Torres who, I am sorry to say, is miles better.

No one's going to debate that mate! ;D

Quick Reply