Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Allocation of tickets ??? please explain ........

Read 7722 times
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Allocation of tickets ??? please explain ........
      Apr 13, 2008 06:19:33 pm
      OK so here i am again moaning my head off about the tickets allocation for this seasons CL campaign, i don't expect to an easy ride in getting tickets but i expect it to be a fair system, and i am damn sure the club could do alot more for the fans.

I first question is how come if i can be offered 4 tickets for every home game including the CL games from a so called 'fan' for outrageous prices i.e £200+ per home prem game and £500+ per ticket for the CL games, (he even gives the block numbers and everything,) can the club not find this info out and take his ST off him, It's not difficult you just need to look on the net (gumtree) and there they are, all these so called ST fans selling their tickets week in week out.  :f_steam: these people are racking it in it is a very good second income for them, and the further we go in the CL the money they make will probably earn them more then their 9-5 jobs.

My second question is who in the right mind thinks that carrying last seasons campaign stubs over into this season campaign is right, it just means the same people are getting tickets every year, and the same touts are screwing the true fans every year. We have bought from touts and i know before anyone says 'well your fueling the problem' i know we are but that was the only way we got to see any games.

Will the club ever address the tout problem we have in this club they are like a cancer eating away at the pockets of true fans.

OK rant over.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Allocation of tickets ??? please explain ........
      Reply #1: Apr 14, 2008 09:46:46 pm
      Simple join your local internationl association of supporters branch,
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/aib/
      if there isnt one near you make one with as many reds fans you know as you can possibly find in your area, then write to club tell them about your association and you pay a premium to the club each season to get tickets for your association (we charge a fiver a season for each member). Thats how we have done it for years I have tickets every season for the FA Cup Carling Cup and the champions league plus some EPL games. You have to show the club that you are for real buy being designated for the not so big games for the season, the ones that dont sell out too quickly like carling cup matches etc etc. The more seasons you want the tickets the better allocation you get for other games in other competitions. This is fair and concise, what the ST holders do with their tickets is their business but bear in mind a lot of ST holders have lost their tickets due to practices like this, so they will probably lose out in the long run.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 15, 2008 01:14:22 pm
      Thanks a lot for some very intersting information is there anywere i can get the terms and conditions needed to open a new AIB, we live in blackpool, and i am sure we can get a decent amount of fans together. I just need to know what is involved in setting one up.

When you mentioned a premium to the club what sort of money are we talking about.

Thanks again.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Apr 16, 2008 09:30:46 am
      Thanks a lot for some very intersting information is there anywere I can get the terms and conditions needed to open a new AIB, we live in blackpool, and I am sure we can get a decent amount of fans together. I just need to know what is involved in setting one up.

When you mentioned a premium to the club what sort of money are we talking about.

Thanks again.

Like I said contact the club and they will give you all the relevant information
      moyola
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 17, 2008 12:10:21 am
      Leekar,
      I agree with you, I would love a season ticket but was told the only chance I have is from a dead mans shoes and even then I will be a pensioner before I get to the top of the list. Ok i'm not saying I don't want to see a CL match, but I'm not fussy what home game I see, but the tickets for any game are like gold.
                 pragmatic,
      I'm going to steal your idea and see about setting up a supporters club you would not believe the number of fans in this country and I know for a fact there is no local club.
      Thanks for that !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,162 posts | 4903 
      Reply #5: Apr 17, 2008 12:16:44 am
      I'm going to steal your idea and see about setting up a supporters club you would not believe the number of fans in this country and I know for a fact there is no local club.
      Thanks for that !

I'm not sure where you got the impression that there is no supporters clubs in Northern Ireland Moyola but if you go on the .TV website you will get a list of AIB clubs.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Apr 17, 2008 09:46:05 am
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 17, 2008 12:57:26 pm
      I contacted my nearest group and i recieved the follwoing info,

"What usually happens is that we put in an order for tickets at  least 8 weeks in advance.  As long as you don't just want to go to Man U and Everton, you should get tickets for the home games.  Sometimes people join for just the high profile matches, and our allocation is always  limited for those games, so priority is given to people who go more regularly.  That doesn't mean every game, of course. I don't go to away games, but there shouldn't be a problem, if you apply in the usual way.  This year our allocation for CL tickets was limited to the number issued for the first game, which was a qualifier.   Members who wanted to go to matches in the later stages found it difficult to get tickets.  You will need a fan card, and you get credit for each game you attend.  This means that if you go to Cup games you are automatically on the list for the next game.  We do get tickets for CL games away if you want to go to those.  So basically you can get tickets to more or less any game, as long as you apply in good time.  Before the start of the season, usually in June, you will receive a newsletter with all the details of how and when to apply for tickets.  If you don't have a fan card, you can get one by downloading the form from the LFC website, under the 'tickets' drop down menu, or I can send you a form nearer the time.  Once you have a fan card it's valid indefinitely, so you don't have to renew it each year"

There may be a way of getting tickets after all. :D :D :D ;D :o
      moyola
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 17, 2008 06:26:08 pm
      Pragmatic,
                   Thanks for that, my local is 25 miles , its the only one in Co. Derry
      Ptarmigan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 23, 2008 11:54:14 pm
      Hello,

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I dont have enough posts to create one of my own. I know you must get asked about how to get tickets all the time, please be gentle with me! I have just spent the last hour reading through trying to find some info honest!

Basically, I would love to get my old Dad a ticket to a home game. He has lived in Liverpool his whole life and always been a supporter, sadly over the years with tickets being so expensive and difficult to get hold of his support is now based to cheering or shouting at the TV.

He turns 70 in a couple of weeks and I am desperate for him to be able to visit Anfield one last time. I can see by all the posts on this site that tickets are like gold dust, it looks like a hopeless cause.

Im not sure how to go about even trying to get a ticket, I live in th Falkland Islands so I would need to buy a ticket online somehow. I have looked at Ebay but Im not too happy about paying for what could potentialy be a fake ticket.

Its so sad, my dad was the one that was there in the rain on Saturday mornings standing in line waiting to buy a ticket at the counter and has been a true red for all of his 70 years, and now in his hometown he cant get to see the team he grew up with and supported while people who think its trendy to watch a match and can afford to flash £250 on a touted ticket are filling the ground.

Any advice on how to go about trying to get hold of a legitimate ticket would be most appreciated.

Thanks x
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jun 24, 2008 04:43:06 pm
      Hello,

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I dont have enough posts to create one of my own. I know you must get asked about how to get tickets all the time, please be gentle with me! I have just spent the last hour reading through trying to find some info honest!

Basically, I would love to get my old Dad a ticket to a home game. He has lived in Liverpool his whole life and always been a supporter, sadly over the years with tickets being so expensive and difficult to get hold of his support is now based to cheering or shouting at the TV.

He turns 70 in a couple of weeks and I am desperate for him to be able to visit Anfield one last time. I can see by all the posts on this site that tickets are like gold dust, it looks like a hopeless cause.

Im not sure how to go about even trying to get a ticket, I live in th Falkland Islands so I would need to buy a ticket online somehow. I have looked at Ebay but Im not too happy about paying for what could potentialy be a fake ticket.

Its so sad, my dad was the one that was there in the rain on Saturday mornings standing in line waiting to buy a ticket at the counter and has been a true red for all of his 70 years, and now in his hometown he cant get to see the team he grew up with and supported while people who think its trendy to watch a match and can afford to flash £250 on a touted ticket are filling the ground.

Any advice on how to go about trying to get hold of a legitimate ticket would be most appreciated.

Thanks x

The best thing to do is get a fan card/fan cards - but unfortunately they haven't got any updated information on the official site as to how much you need to pay for one, etc. As a new system is coming in. I believe the price of a fan card has gone up to £26? I might be wrong on that, but it's certainly a major increase on what it used to be to get a fan card.

Anyway, you'll be able to try get a ticket (you can only get one ticket per fan card though) when they go on sale online at the official site, with your fan card. It's the safest way. But you need to be ready when the online sale opens to give yourself the best chance of getting one.

mrtommo usually updates the ticket information on here as and when it's available, or you can go to the official site and look in 'Tickets' then 'Latest Ticket News' for up coming sales of tickets.

Personally I'd never go to a tout for a game at Anfield. Too much of a risk of getting badly ripped off.

Good luck.

For now, original info about fan cards and how to get tickets: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1805.0.html
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2008 04:25:02 pm
      Redkenny's right.  i bought a fancard a couple of years ago and have never failed to get tickets.  you have to be ready at 8:30 on the morning of the sale and just keep percevering. it can take some time.
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 30, 2008 11:33:49 am
      For the champions league matches this season, does everybody start with a clean slate or does it continue on from last season fancard attendance.  I think i know the answer to this, everybody starts with a clean slate dont they?.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: Jun 30, 2008 11:41:01 am
      For the champions league matches this season, does everybody start with a clean slate or does it continue on from last season fancard attendance.  I think I know the answer to this, everybody starts with a clean slate dont they?.

If only Tinhead, Ticket allocation will be on previous attendance 07-08 season
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2008 05:39:59 pm
      so 08/09 champions league tickets will be offered to fancard holders who attended last seasons matches before general sale, is that right?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Jul 01, 2008 07:25:51 pm
      so 08/09 champions league tickets will be offered to fancard holders who attended last seasons matches before general sale, is that right?

Yes thats correct
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2008 09:18:13 pm
      If only Tinhead, Ticket allocation will be on previous attendance 07-08 season

When did that change Venison86 ?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2008 09:33:31 am
      When did that change Venison86 ?

Am I mistaken? I thought that once the group stages start ticket allocation is on previous match attendance from the previous season, I would be delighted if I was mistaken. perhaps someone can confirm for sure as I cant find an official source :-\
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #18: Jul 03, 2008 08:27:34 pm
      I Have done some digging and thanks to Tommos ticket info threads I can hopefully clear up Champions League ticket allocation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toulouse FC v Liverpool

Ticket Allocation

Tickets will be allocated as available and for as long as supplies last to Season Ticket holders, Corporate Members and Fan Card holders wishing to travel independently and who attended 6,5,or 4 away European games during the group or knock out stage of the 2006/07 European Champions League excluding the Final.

Liverpool F.C. v Toulouse F.C.

No Previous purchase required
      Tickets purchased for this match will carry no priority for the future rounds of either the Champions League or UEFA Cup.

FC Porto v Liverpool FC

Ticket Allocation

Season Ticket Holders & Corporate Members who purchased a ticket for ONE or more away Champions League fixture last season.

After the above sale tickets will then be allocated as available and for as long as supplies last from Tuesday 11th September until Thursday 13th September 2007 to Fan Card Holders who have purchased a ticket for THREE or more away Champions League fixtures last season.

Liverpool F.C. v Olympique de Marseille

No Previous purchase required

Besiktas JK v Liverpool F.C.

Ticket Allocation

Season Ticket Holders & Corporate Members who purchased a ticket for the away Champions League fixture against FC Porto on 18th September 2007 can make application for ONE Besiktas ticket.

Liverpool F.C. v Besiktas JK

Season Ticket Holders who have Marseille (03.10.07) on their Fancard
      From Wednesday 17 October until Sunday 21 October 2007

Fan Card Holders who have Marseille (03.10.07) on their Fancard
      From Tuesday 23 October until Thursday 25 October 2007

Liverpool F.C. v FC Porto

Season Ticket Holders who purchased Marseille and Besiktas
      From Monday 12 November until Wednesday 14 November 2007

Fan Card Holders who purchased Marseille and Besiktas
      From Thursday 15 November until Monday 19 November 2007

Olympique de Marseille v Liverpool FC

Ticket Allocation

Season Ticket Holders, Fan Card Holders and Corporate Members who purchased a ticket for the away Champions League fixtures against FC Porto on 18th September 2007 and Besiktas on 24th October 2007 can make an application for ONE Marseille ticket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? so hope that helps Tinhead rather confusing it appears that previous season only counts for qualifying round and the first away game in the group stages.

the Home qualifying round and the first Home Group match is a free for all

then all remaining games are done of previous attendance for the same season

:confused-smiley-013:

as the home leg for the urinals is normally done on previous attendance to two games that season will they use previous season attendance as we only have one home game this season before the fixture?
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2008 11:51:53 am
      Cheers for finding out venison, i think i understand how it works now.  Cheers again!!

Quick Reply