Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hicks planning Sky interview

Read 11191 times
      Rummie
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Hicks planning Sky interview
      Reply #138: Apr 20, 2008 01:53:35 pm
      Typical Yank that knows nothing of our culture. 

Hicks!  Go now before you cause irrepairable damage  Best bit of planning he could do, would be to plan a trip back to the States and forget he was ever here
      rich1107
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #139: Apr 20, 2008 07:15:17 pm
      I was born in Liverpool but have lived in the US most of my life.  Pretty much all you need to know about Hicks is that he is closely associated with the war criminal/clown we have as pres. thanks to the Supreme Court.  Also, they are both from Texas; which is pretty widely known as the asshole of the US, although, certainly there are other candidates;)

These clowns, Hicks, Bush, etc. wouldn't know class if bit them on the ass; rich boys who never grew up.  On the bright side I think most people in the world give LFC as pass on the stupidity and classless actions of Hicks because they realize that he is only making himself look bad; LFC can never be tarnished by trash like him.  In the long run LFC will come out stronger than ever.  Sure, I am an optomist, but this is LFC we are talking about, not some dipshit from Texas;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #140: Apr 20, 2008 08:22:44 pm
      I was born in Liverpool but have lived in the US most of my life.  Pretty much all you need to know about Hicks is that he is closely associated with the war criminal/clown we have as pres. thanks to the Supreme Court.  Also, they are both from Texas; which is pretty widely known as the asshole of the US, although, certainly there are other candidates;)

These clowns, Hicks, Bush, etc. wouldn't know class if bit them on the ass; rich boys who never grew up.  On the bright side I think most people in the world give LFC as pass on the stupidity and classless actions of Hicks because they realize that he is only making himself look bad; LFC can never be tarnished by trash like him.  In the long run LFC will come out stronger than ever.  Sure, I am an optomist, but this is LFC we are talking about, not some dipshit from Texas;)

Top post mate.

I lived in North Carolina for a year... and it must be a very close 2nd to asshole of the US.

Quick question - does Hicks appear a lot on the TV in the USA... as much as his coaches? more than his coaches?

"Football directors should only be in football to sign the cheques" - Bill Shankly.
      Mustufa
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #141: Apr 20, 2008 08:42:13 pm
      No-one's (Hicks, Gillett and Parry) come out of this debacle with any dignity.  Everyone needs to keep quiet until after our involvement in Champions League, which will hopefully be after we've won the European Cup.  Parry needs to come clean about his involvement in the Klinnsman affair.  If Hicks and Gillett have any sincere intersts of lfc at heart they should both sell-up.  Rafa's done a great job
      rich1107
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #142: Apr 20, 2008 09:47:25 pm
      Yes, DonRafael, as I said, "certainly there are other candidates;)"  I was probably thinking of Alabama as # 2, but anyplace where they wave their ignorance like a banner to be proud of fits the bill;).  I think a few BPL teams have decent US owners and I think Gillette on his own would have been fine.  Unfortunately, he could not come-up with the money without partnering with this imbecile Hicks.  Hicks will go, for him it is only about money; typical soulless behaviour that is the hallmark of the worst kind of Americans.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #143: Apr 21, 2008 12:35:21 am
      Hicks wants Parry to go so that he can place his own man in the board. Then he will not be in the minority party. Right now its Hicks Hicks junior v/s Gillette Gillette Jr. Moores Parry. If Parry is removed and replaced Hicks will have more control. The Yank is not an idiot.

I really hope now that Gillette's plan to ease him out and sell to DIC is genuine and solid.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #144: Apr 21, 2008 02:30:18 am
      There has never been a more appropriate time for the use of this smiley than after watching that interview
       :tosser:       :tosser:         :tosser:
      Hicks       Gillette      Parry 

F**k the whole lot of them !   
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2008 02:34:10 am by Podge »
      koppiteal
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • CMON THE REDS
      Reply #145: Apr 21, 2008 08:19:05 am
      I read in the NOTW that Hicks right to veto Gillettes right to sell to any1 else ends sometime in may. Does any1 know anything about this......it was the NOTW after all
      Redlight
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #146: Apr 21, 2008 08:25:09 am
      Shame on you Koppiteal NOTW (The Sun on Sunday) shouldn't be read let alone believed.......
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #147: Apr 21, 2008 09:43:35 am
      El Pais headline yesterday...made me giggle and sad at the exact same time...

Rafa hates Parry who hates Hicks who hates Gillet
      Rummie
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #148: Apr 21, 2008 12:14:26 pm
      Think Hicks is doing a grand job of making everyone at Anfield, hate everyone else!
      El Pais headline yesterday...made me giggle and sad at the exact same time...

Rafa hates Parry who hates Hicks who hates Gillet
      St Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -1 
      Reply #149: Apr 21, 2008 12:24:19 pm
      I read in the NOTW that Hicks right to veto Gillettes right to sell to any1 else ends sometime in may. Does any1 know anything about this......it was the NOTW after all

That is a shocking admission, no self respecting Liverpool fan would ever admit to reading that fcuking rag.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #150: Mar 19, 2009 02:19:54 pm
      New Sky interview.

It could be 6-9 months before we replace Rick Parry
      We've no planned date yet to move to new stadium.
      I can't speak for George Gillett, but I'll be here for at least 5 years.
      I was never worried that Rafa wouldn't sign new contract & I didn't need to make any promises.

These quotes are from the ticker tape, all not suprising but some what disappointing.

Nothing on SSN Web site yet, but its the day before the draw, so he pops up again, maybe it's an American thing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #151: Mar 19, 2009 03:07:57 pm
      Here is the Article from Sky

Hicks never feared Rafa exit
      Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks insists he never feared manager Rafa Benitez would not sign a new contract at Anfield.

Benitez - who took over on Merseyside in 2004 - ended months of speculation on Wednesday evening by agreeing a fresh five-year deal with the Premier League outfit.

It had been rumoured that the former Valencia boss was ready to quit the Reds due to a disagreement with Hicks and co-owner George Gillett regarding his level of control over transfer policy.

But Hicks is adamant that he never doubted that the Spaniard would put pen-to-paper on new terms.

"I have never been worried about whether he was going to sign because I know that Rafa has such a passion for Liverpool," Hicks told Sky Sports News.

"I have looked him in the eye and I know that. But these things are complicated. A five-year contract is complicated and I am relieved we have finally got it done."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5072504,00.html

Quick Reply