Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Hicks planning Sky interview

Read 11143 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Hicks planning Sky interview
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2008 01:06:12 am
      Does Hicks have a heart?

19th Anniversary of Hillsborough and he decides to bring OUR club in disrupute. The guy has lost his marbles. We should be thinking about the 96 and the famalies of them.

Exactly how I feel!

I hope I'm not the only one getting in touch with Sky tomorrow, to say the same thing along the lines of what you've said there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2008 01:11:14 am
      Hicks is just doing this interview to wind the fans up. He's like a young child delibrately trying to aggrivate their elder brother or sister. He must know that no matter what he says or does he will alwys be detested by the fans so surely it would be horrible knowing you are public enemy number 1 these days and make you leave. If i was in his shoes then i would either kill myself or sell up and go. Personally i hope he sells up and goes then kills himself  ;)
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2008 01:11:20 am
      Exactly how I feel!

I hope I'm not the only one getting in touch with Sky tomorrow, to say the same thing along the lines of what you've said there.

That is a fair shout, but I think it being broadcast on the Wednesday will play a part, Sky will just say "well the anniversary was yesterday!" but its worth a bash, anyone know the e-mail?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2008 02:56:45 am
      Well guys, I warned you when Gillett & Hicks took over. I warned you, but as LFC management, you were just too distracted from the real Gllett/Hicks by their typical american bulls_h_i_t talks that always sounds so good.

But their is one thing every Redsfan in Liverpool can do I guess: Whenever Liverpool plays, make sure everybody realizes that you support the club, but want to get rid of these b_a_s_t_a_r_d_s. We need DIC...we need people that admit that they were once fans of Liverpool...and not just see the club as an 100% investment, but as an 80% money and 20% fan-investment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2008 05:51:45 am
      pr**k. Complete and utter pr**k! As dramatic as this may sound he might as well go and do it outside the stadium while everyone is paying their respects. F***ing w**ker is a burden on our club and deserves to be hung by his collar while he gets beaten. Money is everything to this c**t and has no respect for anyone.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #28: Apr 14, 2008 07:53:57 am
      Here is the web address for contacting SkySports. It might not work but surely if enough of us vent our anger at the timing of this pr**k's interview they will have to listen!!! Dont think we can stop it being aired because SKY will see it as another way of having a go at us but we might be able to delay it!!!

http://www.skysports.com/contactus/0,20299,,00.html

I have just sent my views!!!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 08:00:36 am by Fern-Ando Torres »
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #29: Apr 14, 2008 09:45:20 am
      Some may say it's not too far off.

Its not that far off!!!!! Sky TV are the S*ns TV channel, thats why we get so much bad press from them, and in my humble opion they are as bad as if not worse than that paper because of performing the interview not even 24 hours after we remember our 96 brothers. If Sky TV had any respect for anything they personnally would hold off doing this, but alas Murdoch and hi s*n loving media empire dont see it like that, they wish to air  even more lies about us, so I Would urge everyone to not just not buy the s*n but also not subscribe or watch sky tv.

Hicks has no respect for anything other than his own ego and he is a pathetic excuse for a human being, I curse him to rot in hell for ever for all his lies and all his rotten dealings with us.

HICKS NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY WE DONT WANT YOU HERE LEAVE US NOW
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2008 09:52:27 am
      Its not that far off!!!!! Sky TV are the S*ns TV channel, thats why we get so much bad press from them, and in my humble opion they are as bad as if not worse than that paper because of performing the interview not even 24 hours after we remember our 96 brothers. If Sky TV had any respect for anything they personnally would hold off doing this, but alas Murdoch and hi s*n loving media empire dont see it like that, they wish to air  even more lies about us, so I Would urge everyone to not just not buy the s*n but also not subscribe or watch sky tv.

Hicks has no respect for anything other than his own ego and he is a pathetic excuse for a human being, I curse him to rot in hell for ever for all his lies and all his rotten dealings with us.

HICKS NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY WE DONT WANT YOU HERE LEAVE US NOW

I could not agree with your final line more,
      From were I sit Hicks does not have one redeeming feature in his personality.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Apr 14, 2008 10:16:45 am
      Hicks forever will be a figure of hatred in this club. Untill the day i die i'll never forgive him for what he has done.

Leave now you lying c**t because one day you will meet your match on the street and regret the day you fu**ed with Liverpool Football Club.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Apr 14, 2008 10:44:45 am
      Just contacted Sky about my disgust in timing (JF96) of this week's proposed interview with Hicks...

I urge all reds to do the same:

http://www.skysports.com/contactus/0,20299,,00.html

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Apr 14, 2008 01:08:29 pm
      Well guys, I warned you when Gillett & Hicks took over. I warned you, but as LFC management, you were just too distracted from the real Gllett/Hicks by their typical american bulls_h_i_t talks that always sounds so good.

This is the second time now you have posted with an 'I told you so' tone on this issue, as if you were the only one that had doubts & the rest of us were fools for giving them the benefit of the doubt when there was nothing we could do to stop them taking over. Can I just remind you that you also posted this:

Voronin is a very good player, he's probably even stronger than Torres. The only thing: He's not so famous right now, because he played for a mediocre Bundesliga-team so far that didn't let him shine...wait and see...I definitely understand why Rafa went on him...he'll be a hell of a player on the pitch or if he should come off the bench.

Just compare like when Ronaldo still played for PSV Eindhoven...he was not that famous...because of the mediocre team, but since arrived in Barca he went on top...Voronin will be no Zidane, Ronaldo kind of superstar, but so won't Torres. Both will be very above average players...Manure and Chelpuke we ARE CUMING!!!

And you also suggested the Premiership should have a playoff system like th NFL. Post enough drivel and you're bound to be right once or twice.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Apr 14, 2008 02:53:37 pm
      Here's what hicks had to say yesterday in the Toronto Sun.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      MANCHESTER -- Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has come out fighting.

After a series of verbal attacks by estranged partner George Gillett Jr., CEO Rick Parry and former chairman David Moores in the past month, Hicks hit back in response to the Reds turmoil.

Hicks, who also owns NHL's Dallas Stars and baseball's Texas Rangers, dismissed suggestions he lacks the financial clout to take full control of Liverpool by buying part or all of Gillett's 50% stake.

"I have substantial assets, and, if I were majority owner, I would invest additional cash," he said in quotes provided to The Associated Press yesterday. "More importantly, I have a 25-year track record as a successful investor and owner, and can attract additional equity capital from individuals and institutions that want to invest with me."

That is unlikely to include Dubai International Capital despite its continuing interest in buying Liverpool, with Hicks vowing to block the consortium from buying any of Gillett's stock.

"DIC really has no seat at the table, but they continue to stir media controversy," he said.

Hicks plans to "formally request" Gillett's backing to fire Parry, whom he called upon to quit Thursday and who he says has been "arrogant" and "provides no leadership."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This I guess is pretty much what the guy will say on Sky it's Hicks trying to throwing out an olive branch with the offer of a cash inducement (as if any one will be taken in by him) I seem to remember hearing somthing similar when he first came to the club and we all know what happened next....
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Apr 14, 2008 03:09:21 pm
      @EddieC: Well, Voronin is a very good player. Period! As some scouts or experts. Ask Benitez (wonder why he took him *rolleyes*)! That doesn't mean such a player is always bound to perform on the same level on every club. It depends on so many things. And by the way: It was him that actually saved us in the qualifier so that we're in the CL(-semifinals) at all.

My wish for a playoff-system isn't one I can be right or wrong...it's just a matter of taste....

90% of you guys were like "Yeah, great..." on Hicks/Gillett ... I didn't mean my post offensively like "I told you so!"...it was just because I always knew these bas**rds....
      MELLI70
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #36: Apr 14, 2008 04:13:33 pm
      This prat has no respect for the club, fans, and the Hillsborough families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Apr 14, 2008 06:27:58 pm
      This prat has no respect for the club, fans, and the Hillsborough families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither do Sky the S*ns tv network
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 15, 2008 02:11:59 am
      Please any reds out there - if your subsribing to Sky - cancel it. It's enough their connected to the s.n sh*te, but there are lots of other reasons. Media bias, negative reporting on Liverpool. Lack of sensitivity re Hillsborough anniversary - giving Hicks air time. Spread the word to reasonable Evertonians, get Sky outlawed in LIVERPOOL.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 15, 2008 02:13:10 am
      Sorry also for employing Andy Gray - making people listen to his bluenose bitterness
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2008 02:19:34 am by EddieC »
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Apr 15, 2008 01:10:27 pm
      FAO Pippen, Torres is just an above average player!? Have you been drinking?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #41: Apr 15, 2008 02:51:06 pm
      Just read bartman49's Toronto S*n post and now I'm expecting more sh*te from the Hicks interview tomorrow.SSN reported last night that Rafa had held talks with the owners, so I thought as there has been no adverse comments from Rafa , that the content of hicks's interview would be about restructuring the club, installing Financial & Commercial Directors, and with Rafa handling transfer dealings himself, in this way there would be no need for a Parry at the club.Now I fear that we are in for more embarassing drivel from the gobsh*te.

RIP 96
      IRWT
      ffs DIC what are you waiting for, stand up and be counted before it's too late
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2008 11:36:18 pm
      Tomorrow morning.  Apparently.

Can't wait for the bullshit machine to go into overdrive.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #43: Apr 16, 2008 11:42:11 pm
      Can't decide if I want to watch this or not.

On one hand I want to know exactly what he is going to say so I don't get it second hand.

On the other I really don't want to feel involved in his dirty, media driven PR campaign to make himself look good.

Anyone else feel the same?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Apr 17, 2008 12:02:01 am
      I feel the same mate. But I'll probably not watch it. No doubt it'll be well documented everywhere straight afterwards anyway.

It's all down to the fact I'll never believe a word he says and I couldn't stand the sight of him sitting there, getting paid sh*t loads of money for stirring up more trouble at our club, when things should be done behind closed doors.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2008 12:18:59 am
      Might be worth watching in case he has an on-air coronary.

Quick Reply