Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Hicks planning Sky interview

Read 11144 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Hicks planning Sky interview
      Reply #92: Apr 17, 2008 04:00:10 pm
      Is your life that boring that you have to come on here & stir things up to keep yourself entertained?

Personally I find it sickening that you couldn't even pop in to show your respects on Tuesday yet you're more than willing to come here today just to wind everyone up.

Whatever mate.  Why should I come on here - from all the sh*te I get thrown my way.

Again - it bothers you, because I happen to disagree. 

Let's look closely at who's lives are actually boring - shall we!
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2008 04:03:53 pm by Richobaz »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #93: Apr 17, 2008 04:02:47 pm
      Whatever mate.  Why should I come on here - from all the sh*te I get thrown my way.

Again - it bothers you, because I happen to disagree. 

Let's look closely at who's lifes are actually boring - shall we!

Yes you're right, my life is very boring at the moment, hence the amount of time I am spending on the forum.

I need to have surgery on my knee & can't really get out of the house at the moment, what's your excuse?

So you think you shouldn't pay your respects because people don't agree with you on here? Get a F***ing clue lad.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #94: Apr 17, 2008 04:03:38 pm
      How funny!

The guy could just walk.  He's rich, he doesn't need this hassle...you haven't got a clue if he's telling the truth or not. 

Facts are - Parry has no relations with Rafa.  Liverpool are behind Manchester in terms of success and finances - you can't blame HICKS for that.

And that goes for you too. But by going by past experience, he's told a few fibs. And if he's rich, why hasn't he put his money where his mouth is already?

His PR is obviously winning you over. That's entirely up to you.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #95: Apr 17, 2008 04:03:58 pm
      ...and has LESS MONEY!! (minor detail).

Hicks isn't going to let Gillett sell his 50%. End of.

They are going to drive Rafa out if they don't sort it soon... Gillett must go.

Hicks will go later in the game (next season, season after?... who knows) just to prove he has won. I doubt Hicks will ever win us over... but Gillett must go to allow Hicks to take over and give stability and funds to the club... and when it's 100% on his head, I think he probably will... but it pains me to have a guy like that at LFC... but I think we simply have no choice IF we want Rafa and some key signings at the club for next season.

He has our collective cojones in his hands... not good, but no choice.

I.R.W.T.

One question Don. What is it that makes you think hicks will sell ? There is only one time he intends to sell and the stadium will be built before he wants to sell, the reason he wont sell before then is due to PROFIT.

I know fans are desperate to see them sell, hell i would give my right leg to see them sell up but im going to be honest hear, we are being blind to alot of this, he WILL NOT sell before the time he sees as when he will profit alot and that to me is new stadium time, i guarantee he has looked into the difference in profit Arsenal made per season while they were at highbury and since the emirates opened. Bigger Stadiums equal more money its that simple and i think we all know that he's here for the money. We need to stop being blind to this and having false hope thinking he will just sell up because he has feelings for the club, he doesnt atall he couldnt care less what happens to us as long as we make money, businessmen are the most ruthless people that exist when it comes to investment, being stubborn and making money for themselves. Just look at his comments on asia, he is looking at two of the richest clubs in the world in the mancs and barca and thinking they make alot more profit by being so 'loved' and 'adored' in asia and his plan is to make us a big brand name like mcdonalds or something that everyone wants to buy into be it buying our shirts or buying tickets to our games, anything that makes money.

The thing he will do to 'prove he has won' is get full control by buying out Hicks not selling up, in his eyes to show he has won he wants to be in full control.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #96: Apr 17, 2008 04:06:35 pm
      Yes you're right, my life is very boring at the moment, hence the amount of time I am spending on the forum.

I need to have surgery on my knee & can't really get out of the house at the moment, what's your excuse?

So you think you shouldn't pay your respects because people don't agree with you on here? Get a F***ing clue lad.

So I was right then - see I am clever boy.  Hope the knee gets better by the way!

I've given enough support to this club via this site - and constructive critic - don't think you have any right in asking me to justify my respect!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #97: Apr 17, 2008 04:08:35 pm
      don't think you have any right in asking me to justify my respect!

I'm talking about paying your respects on Tuesday, do you even know what was going on on Tuesday?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #98: Apr 17, 2008 04:10:35 pm
      I'm talking about paying your respects on Tuesday, do you even know what was going on on Tuesday?
      Of course mate - I'm 30.  So unlike some others, I was around to witness it for myself!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #99: Apr 17, 2008 04:12:56 pm
      Of course mate - I'm 30.  So unlike some others, I was around to witness it for myself!

So again I ask the question. Why could you not make it on to pay your respects then, yet you find the time to come on here today to wind everyone up?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #100: Apr 17, 2008 04:15:53 pm
      So again I ask the question. Why could you not make it on to pay your respects then, yet you find the time to come on here today to wind everyone up?
      Very personal wanting to know my actual wherabouts - but as you've asked nicely:

I was at an COPD Management Conference in Cardiff.  Sorry for not being around.

I'm also aware I irritate people on here, so I've stayed away.  If I was on the wind-up as you put it...I'd have been on here Tuesday...acting the fool!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #101: Apr 17, 2008 04:50:03 pm
      Richobaz if you haven't got a clue if he's telling the truth or not why do you want him to stay that makes no sense. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #102: Apr 17, 2008 05:00:39 pm
      None of you are consistent on here - shame.

You are. Consistently out of touch with the vast majority of Liverpool fans.

For a start I don't want anybody in charge of Liverpool who conducts his pathetic PR campaigns via the media.

And secondly, he lied about putting debt on the club, in fact Parry stopped him putting it ALL on to the club.

A liar and a cheat.  No way Tom.  Leave us now.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #103: Apr 17, 2008 05:12:04 pm
      I've not been on for ages mate - hence why I say what I say. 

Richo I've lifted the rock for you... off you go crawling back under it, there's a good lad.

YAWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #104: Apr 17, 2008 05:14:49 pm
      Very personal wanting to know my actual wherabouts - but as you've asked nicely:

I was at an COPD Management Conference in Cardiff.  Sorry for not being around.

I'm also aware I irritate people on here, so I've stayed away.  If I was on the wind-up as you put it...I'd have been on here Tuesday...acting the fool!

COPD Management Conference in Cardiff = Prison? as in COPD = short for been COPPED?

Don't forget the KY on the way back in darling.

YAWA
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #105: Apr 17, 2008 05:31:51 pm
      regardless of whether or not anyone supports hicks, what other club, or company for that matter, would have a joint owner orchestrating a campaign to get a CEO to resign through the media.  to me it lacks integrity and respect, both to rick parry and more importantly to LFC.  again we are becoming a laughing stock for whats happening off the field.  surely if hicks wanted parry to resign, this should have been brought up at a board meeting.

having watched the interview i do believe he raised some valid points, ie. increasing sponsors and breaking into the asia market, but do to this in front of his log fire in southpark in dallas, is not the place to do the mud slinging.  and to be honest, seeing him watching the liverpool game, (which was probably a recording of a recent match set up for the cameras) and throwing out hi fives was just pathetic.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #106: Apr 17, 2008 05:33:17 pm
      Ironic that you were at a COPD conference and yet you don't choke on your own words.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #107: Apr 17, 2008 05:35:04 pm
      having watched the interview I do believe he raised some valid points, ie. increasing sponsors and breaking into the asia market, but do to this in front of his log fire in southpark in dallas, is not the place to do the mud slinging.  and to be honest, seeing him watching the liverpool game, (which was probably a recording of a recent match set up for the cameras) and throwing out hi fives was just pathetic.

Agree completely.

Conducting all this business via the media makes me embarrassed for our club.

Has he started work on a new stadium? No.

Has he loaded the club with a ridiculous amount of debt that he promised he wouldn't? Yes.

Has he lied? Yes.

Will he ever visit Anfield for a game again? No.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #108: Apr 17, 2008 05:36:08 pm
      Was that fire a very cheap attempt at showing us he understand JFT96?

The video was initiallly to be shown yesterday...

Very cheap shot if it was.

God I hate this situation at our club... and to think now that Hicks is the viable option... well makes me very sad, but we will be more desperate if Rafa leaves or we can't sign up quality players in the summer.

I.R.W.T.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #109: Apr 17, 2008 05:39:44 pm
      Hicks isn't the only viable option.  I feel like you have been sucked in by his PR stunt today.

Today's PR exercise was the act of a desperate man.  A man who knows that the clock.... is ticking.  And when the 5 weeks is up.  It will be a whole new ball game.

In my mind, the Rafa situation is a complete side issue now.  If he wants to walk away after all the support the fans have given him then that is his choice.  Better managers than Benitez have left Liverpool before and we have been winning trophies for the vast majority of the last 50 years.

Tom Hicks is the person who must be removed from Anfield, at whatever cost of the staff around him.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #110: Apr 17, 2008 05:58:45 pm
      Ironic that you were at a COPD conference and yet you don't choke on your own words.
      Check out the brains.  Watch Google King Don go and search !!!

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance that's all I'm saying.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #111: Apr 17, 2008 06:03:11 pm
      We Have not had part 2 yet as Gillett has yet to reply. WHAT A MESS.......
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #112: Apr 17, 2008 06:18:14 pm
      So am i right in thinking that Hicks main aim is to:

Make Liverpool a massive Global Brand like Man UTD in Asia and the rest of the world to put the club in a better financial position?

Matt
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #113: Apr 17, 2008 06:48:56 pm
      Don't sky give fans a chance to give their opinion on some interviews, this could be our chancee to really rip into him, and the whole world can see how much we hate him
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #114: Apr 17, 2008 07:07:42 pm
      Don't sky give fans a chance to give their opinion on some interviews, this could be our chancee to really rip into him, and the whole world can see how much we hate him

They were reading emails out this morning on SSN as soon as the interview was over, I was watching it about 6.45am this morning and already hundreds of emails had flooded in, all with the same comments - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB !! .  He was fooling no-one from what I saw this morning   ;)

Quick Reply