Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Lack of atmosphere after europe

Read 4915 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Lack of atmosphere after europe
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2008 01:52:36 am
      To be fair there's no excuse for not knowing the words to the songs, my missus can't even stand football yet knows the words to pretty much all our songs just through hearing me sing them.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2008 01:59:33 am
      I dont know.....I think everyone knows the words but as redkenny says you can pin the lack of atmosphere on a number of things. In fairness the blackburn game is the first game this season that really came accross on tv as a sh*t atmosphere, so maybe we dont have that much to worry about.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Apr 15, 2008 02:02:49 am
      I dont know.....I think everyone knows the words but as redkenny says you can pin the lack of atmosphere on a number of things. In fairness the blackburn game is the first game this season that really came accross on tv as a sh*t atmosphere, so maybe we dont have that much to worry about.

There's been quite a few, can't think which ones off the top of my head, but there's been plenty of times I've thought the atmosphere was sh*t at Anfield this season.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2008 02:12:08 am
      Maybe something should be organised for weekend home games after big euro nights during the week. :confused-smiley-013: Dont ask me what but I'm a thinking................ ............??? Any suggestions ?
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Apr 15, 2008 08:45:28 am
      You can tell when it's quiet when watching on the TV (unfortunately that's all I can do) you can hear the coaches shouting from the side.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2008 09:08:05 am
      Is that a pop at Irish fans ?? Ive supported Liverpool since I was old enough to know what football was and think I am perfectly entitled to go over  and go to a match whenever I can. And whats  ? Are the seats not reserved for supporters of Liverpool Football Club ? What should you only get a seat if you live a certain amount of miles from the ground ??

Paranoid perhaps....??? Just a tad perhaps...

I live in Spain mate... which is slightly further away from Anfield that the Esmerald Isle... jeeeez....
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Apr 15, 2008 10:45:26 am
      I'm not sure what it is, but it would be pathetic to have to 'organise' some atmosphere! :-\ We're reknown for the Kop and for the noise it can generate but what's the use if we're not going to use it week in week out. It's good to want to scare the sh*t out of teams from across Europe but we need to start putting the shits up the likes of Wigan and Aston Villa!

I'm of course not blaming the lack of atmosphere for some of the results this season but maybe something could have been triggered in one of these players during one of the many draws this season and that little bit extra thrown in? We can speculate all we want but it'll make no use unless we try and change something!!

It's all well and good boasting about how hard a stadium Anfield is to come and play at, but then having to deflect criticism of how morgue-like it is at Birmingham or Reading matches! Let's make Anfield the cauldron that everyone loves to harp on about! :)
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Apr 15, 2008 11:00:15 am
      go the away games, there well better for the atmosphere.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2008 06:02:43 pm
      correct me if im wrong...im sure lfc tried to create some sort of a singing section in the kop?i thought that any season ticket holders could try and apply to sit with their mates together in the same block!does anyone know if anything came of this?
      not only the atmosphere was strange on sunday but i couldt believe how many fans started to leave around the 85min onwardeither!
      abs
      • On Trial

• 1 posts | -4 
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2008 11:56:33 pm
      Sorry lads, but i feel that our atmosphere is totally overated and its F***ing sh*te most of the time, thats why we hear "wheres your famous atmosphere" all the time.....Ok in big Euro games its good but every stadiun would be good
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #33: Apr 16, 2008 12:30:49 am
      Sorry lads, but I feel that our atmosphere is totally overated and its F***ing sh*te most of the time, thats why we hear "wheres your famous atmosphere" all the time.....Ok in big Euro games its good but every stadiun would be good

Harsh, you make SamCharles look like an innocent prince!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #34: Apr 16, 2008 12:33:36 am
      Sorry lads, but i feel that our atmosphere is totally overated and its F***ing sh*te most of the time, thats why we hear "wheres your famous atmosphere" all the time.....Ok in big Euro games its good but every stadiun would be good

Jesus christ mate.  I know the atmosphere is rubbish at the Premier League games at home like.  But don't sh*t on us too much will you mate?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #35: Apr 16, 2008 12:38:36 am
      Jesus christ mate.  I know the atmosphere is rubbish at the Premier League games at home like.  But don't sh*t on us too much will you mate?

That was his welcoming post to us ;)
      We can expect more from this lad, he makes Richobaz look like a puppy :)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #36: Apr 16, 2008 12:41:23 am
      That was his welcoming post to us ;)
      We can expect more from this lad, he makes Richobaz look like a puppy :)

Don't doubt Richo :D :D :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Apr 16, 2008 07:14:52 am
      Ok in big Euro games its good but every stadiun would be good

Utd are renowned for their lack of atmosphere from their spectating fans. Europe or not.

Poolgiants? POOLGIANTS!?!? :D
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #38: Apr 16, 2008 12:34:52 pm
      It was just another CL hangover, in the stands, soother sales up ale sales down etc.
      It was nice to say the fans repayed for lifting the team againist the gooners by the players lifiting the crowd in the second half, bravo stevie G
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #39: Apr 16, 2008 12:46:05 pm
      Utd are renowned for their lack of atmosphere from their spectating fans. Europe or not.

Poolgiants? POOLGIANTS!?!? :D

Prawn Sandwich anyone?
      gees and thats from one of their own!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: Apr 16, 2008 01:59:46 pm
      every stadiun would be good

I was speaking to a mate of mine yesterday who has the misfortune of supporting Utd & was there for the Roma game. When I showed him my videos of last Tuesday he had to admit that they could only dream of an atmosphere like that at Old Trafford even though it holds nearly twice as many people.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #41: Apr 16, 2008 04:18:20 pm
      And when Arsenal played at Highbury wasnt it callled the library because of the sh*t atmosphere. We still have one of the best whichever way you look at it !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2008 05:43:39 pm
      There's been quite a few, can't think which ones off the top of my head, but there's been plenty of times I've thought the atmosphere was sh*t at Anfield this season.

It's when the away end outsing us that gets me... hurts a lot... maybe I'm too sensitive!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #43: Apr 16, 2008 08:56:39 pm
      Well i think the only time ive seen away fans giving it a real go this season was in the cup against Cardiff, now they didnt stop all game i can only speak for the games ive been to though.
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #44: Apr 17, 2008 12:23:39 pm
      Well i think the only time ive seen away fans giving it a real go this season was in the cup against Cardiff, now they didnt stop all game i can only speak for the games ive been to though.

The 2-2 draw againist tottenham had me cringing as i could hear on the telly, chants of ' anfield's a library' and ' wheres the famous atmosphere' ringing out from the corner of the anfield road end above any noise from the kop , at least untill torres scored!
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2008 06:50:44 pm
      I went to the game, it was dire! I was in the kop with my dad and sung my heart out when a song arised, I would start songs but I get a bit nervous they may slate me, I might have a few beers in future!

The bottom line is, the club needs Anfield to be full of the real fans (both OOT and Scousers), I will put the bad atmosphere down to the game not being of much importance in a competitive sense of mind, I know we need to seal 4th but I believe we have bagged it up near enough anyway!

However, every game should be rocking, this is Anfield!!!!

The club needs the real fans not the fake ones to fill the ground!

Matt
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2008 07:00:49 pm by T-Unit-LFC »

Quick Reply