Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Kop Legend Book Signing

Read 1201 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Kop Legend Book Signing
      Apr 17, 2008 09:35:19 pm
      Kop legend Chris Lawler and esteemed local journalist John Keith will be signing copies of the new book '2008 reasons why Merseyside is the capital of football' in Liverpool city centre on Saturday morning. 
      They will be at the '08 Place in Whitechapel from 10.30am to sign copies of the book which is written by John Keith and Gavin Buckland.

This ground-breaking book captures the contrasting emotions of a game that outstrips even music and comedy as an inherent part of Merseyside life.

It contains fascinating stories and captures the feats, the facts, the laughter, the tears, and the highs and lows of Merseyside football throughout the years.

The book is priced at £16.99.

I sure this will be a fascinating read by a red legend
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Kop Legend Book Signing
      Reply #1: Apr 17, 2008 09:41:07 pm
      Indeed, sounds like a very good read. (I didn't mean that to rhyme by the way)

Anyone going down on Saturday?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Apr 17, 2008 09:57:02 pm
      Kop legend Chris Lawler and esteemed local journalist John Keith will be signing copies of the new book '2008 reasons why Merseyside is the capital of football' in Liverpool city centre on Saturday morning. 
      They will be at the '08 Place in Whitechapel from 10.30am to sign copies of the book which is written by John Keith and Gavin Buckland.

This ground-breaking book captures the contrasting emotions of a game that outstrips even music and comedy as an inherent part of Merseyside life.

It contains fascinating stories and captures the feats, the facts, the laughter, the tears, and the highs and lows of Merseyside football throughout the years.

The book is priced at £16.99.

I sure this will be a fascinating read by a red legend

That sounds like a fascinating book.........one to add to my collection I think.

Indeed, sounds like a very good read. (I didn't mean that to rhyme by the way)

Anyone going down on Saturday?

Your a poet and you didn't know it  ;)  :lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Apr 17, 2008 11:30:08 pm
       Excellent full back Chris Lawler,in the sixties he scored more goals without taking penalties than any other fullback.He actually started off as a centre half and Shanks made the correct decision and converted him to fullback. ( very successfully )
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2008 12:01:18 am
      Excellent full back Chris Lawler,in the sixties he scored more goals without taking penalties than any other fullback.He actually started off as a centre half and Shanks made the correct decision and converted him to fullback. ( very successfully )

;D

Obviously I wasn't about at the time Billy, but do you remember that goal he scored against everton?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2008 09:07:13 am
      ;D

Obviously I wasn't about at the time Billy, but do you remember that goal he scored against everton?
      Kenny i would be telling you a lie if i said i remember the goal against Everton,what I do remember was Lawlers ability to get into the opposition goal area without getting picked up.He was not a flamboyant player and he did his job very efficiently hence the quote by Shanks about him telling a lie.He scored 61 goals not bad for a full back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Apr 19, 2008 12:57:34 am
      I didn't know there was a 10:30 in the morning on Saturdays...

I'm probably going to head in to town tomorrow, but I'll be surprised if I'm out my pit that early, but I will try.

Quick Reply