Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liam Harker (Memorial Fund Update)

Read 16376 times
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Re: Why Liam Harker won't walk alone
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2008 12:27:08 am
      I hope the Kops full of banners for Liam Tuesday night. Look forward to hearing choruses of "There's only one Liam Harker"
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2008 06:32:43 pm
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:                       I really don`t know what to add here, lump in my throat, tears in my eyes.
      I wouldn´t want this to happen to my kids and don´t know how I´d react.  my heart goes out to Liam and his family and to echo so many other peoples wishes on here, I hope he at least see´s a liverpool semi-final victory if not a Final one also !
      Y.N.W.A.
      Liam Harker
        :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2008 07:27:17 pm by frizzby5 »
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #48: Apr 22, 2008 07:07:04 pm
      YNWA Matey

Make sure you make plenty of noise tonight boys ill be listening
      Di xx
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 22, 2008 09:05:46 pm
      Liam, were not just  liverpool supporters we are a family and were proud your 1 of us , god bless you. ynwa
      RyanWilliam
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #50: Apr 22, 2008 09:11:01 pm
      Liam was at the same college as me and was in one of my lessons.
      he is a brilliant lad and we all miss him greatly.

Thinking Of You Mate xx
      sheree
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 22, 2008 09:22:46 pm
      I would just like to say a few things about my friend liam. I went to college with him and he was in my english group.he was the first person to chat to me and may I say WHAT A GUY! this lad would do no wrong. he always spoke to me wen I was down or needed a friend, he always cheered people up, and got on with everyone. liam babe there are no words to describe how much people are devastated for you and your family, so i joint lfc just for u lad! on behalf of QE college we can only say these meaningful words to you;

you were a joy
      a pleasure
      a wicked lad to be around and we are all so proud of you for being so brave and coping so well, im glad to hear your name be mentioned on live tv as I knw its your dream and your last wish, also many thanks to supporters that didnt even know liam but got all those banners made to meet liams last requests. may I just say english is not the same without you buddy and you will be dearly missed as you already was when you left college. there as been tears of joy and sadness shed but we are all so happy ur wishes for lfc have been granted and that I know you will always have your dignity.
      all my devoted love to you and your family
      sheree
      p.s liam this green writing is for you m8 it reminds me of you green headphones that we used to chat about and just makes me remeber of the times we have chatted.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2008 09:28:23 pm by sheree »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Apr 22, 2008 11:05:13 pm
      It's nice to know Liam has so many friends and so many people thinking about him.

You'll Never Walk Alone Liam xx
      Cy
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 23, 2008 12:10:18 am
      It is always so moving and put so much perspective on what football means to people like Liam. I was glad to see at least a mention of Liam during the game tonight on National TV, and deservedly so. Liam is an example for all of us, and when I mean us I mean everyone connected not only to the club but everyone who had the unfortunate experience to deal with this illness at a personal level.

God bless you Liam, and may you fight against this terrible disease inspire us all to keep going against whatever life bring to us. You'll will truly never walk alone my friend.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #54: Apr 23, 2008 03:36:10 pm
      Chin up young red and may god bless you.
      You will be in my prayers.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Apr 23, 2008 05:24:38 pm
      I didn't see the banners last night? Did I miss them or did ITV not give it any coverage?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #56: Apr 23, 2008 05:26:35 pm
      ITV showed a couple of Liam banners.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #57: Apr 23, 2008 05:48:39 pm
      I didn't see the banners last night? Did I miss them or did ITV not give it any coverage?

Yep showed a great one just before the second half kicked off and the commentator sent his best wishes out to Liam, he also spoilt the moment by sending his wishes also to Fat Frank  ;) :D  (Sorry his mum his sick though  ;))
      sheree
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #58: Apr 23, 2008 05:51:18 pm
      I would just like to say a few things about my friend liam. I went to college with him and he was in my english group.he was the first person to chat to me and may I say WHAT A GUY! this lad would do no wrong. he always spoke to me wen I was down or needed a friend, he always cheered people up, and got on with everyone. liam babe there are no words to describe how much people are devastated for you and your family, so I joint lfc just for u lad! on behalf of QE college we can only say these meaningful words to you;

you were a joy
      a pleasure
      a wicked lad to be around and we are all so proud of you for being so brave and coping so well, im glad to hear your name be mentioned on live tv as I knw its your dream and your last wish, also many thanks to supporters that didnt even know liam but got all those banners made to meet liams last requests. may I just say english is not the same without you buddy and you will be dearly missed as you already was when you left college. there as been tears of joy and sadness shed but we are all so happy ur wishes for lfc have been granted and that I know you will always have your dignity.
      all my devoted love to you and your family
      sheree
      p.s liam this green writing is for you m8 it reminds me of you green headphones that we used to chat about and just makes me remeber of the times we have chatted.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #59: Apr 23, 2008 09:43:12 pm
      Liam's story is a tragic one. He's only a little older than me and I cant begin to imagine how it must feel to be in his position.

My thoughts and prays are with him, as many's are.

You'll never walk alone.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #60: Apr 23, 2008 09:46:06 pm
      much like the IB i am only a few months younger than Liam and I would just like to sent my thought to him and his family in this hard time.

Hope we can win the Champions League for you Liam.

Good luck mate.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #61: Apr 23, 2008 11:43:10 pm
      I didn't catch any of the banners.  Glad to see ITV gave them some on air time.  I hope Liam was proud.

I also hope you will be proud to watch us stun Chelsea next week.

YNWA
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #62: Apr 24, 2008 12:05:07 pm
      A Kopite dying of cancer has said an emotional thank-you to fans who held aloft a banner telling him 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. 
      The message to 17-year-old Liam Harker was displayed at Anfield during the Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

The brave teenager, who has been given just weeks to live, said: "I would like to thank the fans for everything they have done for me. They have been fantastic, they really have."

News of Liam's battle against stomach cancer has struck a chord with Liverpool supporters all over the world.

Fans on the independent website Red and White Kop pulled together to organise the banner and flag tribute in the Kop end in front of millions of TV viewers.

One read: "Liam Harker, millions of Reds are with you every step of the way, hold your head up high my friend as you'll never walk alone. God Bless."

The Darlington youngster's mum, Tracey, said: "Thankfully he managed to stay awake to watch the game with us and seeing the banner on the Kop was quite a moment. It is something we will never forget.

"Liverpool as a club and the fans have been absolutely fantastic. Liam has been in absolute awe. He couldn't believe that people who don't know him are doing this.

"The gifts, the banners, everything, it just shows there are some good people left in the world.

"I'd just like to say that Liam and his family appreciate everything that they have done.

"They have given us some precious messages over the last few weeks and it has been so good for us. Thanks to absolutely everyone involved."

While Chelsea grabbed a valuable away goal in the game on Tuesday, Liam for one is still sure Liverpool will progress.

Tracey added: "He is still convinced they are going through."

Red and White Kop member John Doherty first wrote on the internet forum two weeks ago after hearing of Liam's story through a family friend.

"It's heart-breaking for such a young lad," he said.

"What touched me about it was the fact that all he wanted was to sit in a Liverpool shirt.

"I was tearful, and felt proud of the response from the fans, but it's not about us, it's about Liam."

John's post sparked a surge of messages from fans across the world, including from Australia, Sweden, Thailand and Canada.

"Liverpool FC is a just a big family and this just goes to prove that," he added.

Amy Jenkins, from Anglesey, North Wales, was one of those who made a banner after seeing the story on the internet.

She said: "It was his wish to have his name up at Anfield. It is such a sad, heart-breaking story, I felt I had to do something."

Fans have arranged for some of the banners to be sent to Liam. The others will travel to Stamford Bridge for the return leg next Wednesday.

Liverpool FC PR manager Brian Hall said: "We were very sad Liam could not make the trip (to meet the players earlier this week). We sent him a shirt with all the players' names on and a team photo, and we hope that will give him the little bit of happiness he so richly deserves." 

God bless you Liam Harker. We will go through and we will win it for you.

You'll Never Walk Alone  :)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #63: May 04, 2008 01:22:19 am
      I feel devastated for the poor lad, hopes he's still fighting on!

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #64: May 05, 2008 09:27:59 pm
      Sadly Ive just read that Liam passed away at 4pm today. Sad sad news condolenses to his family and friends.

R.I.P Liam
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #65: May 05, 2008 09:37:22 pm
      Sadly Ive just read that Liam passed away at 4pm today. Sad sad news condolenses to his family and friends.

R.I.P Liam

Poor lad.

It's never nice to see someone has passed away soo young. 

RIP Liam Harker - You'll Never Walk Alone
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #66: May 05, 2008 09:39:00 pm
      Farewell Liam , at around 2pm today I was thinking off you as I was reading through the Kop site and I came across your name. Rest and be at peace.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #67: May 05, 2008 09:41:00 pm
      Very sad news......RIP Liam  :'(
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #68: May 05, 2008 09:52:14 pm
      Rip Ynwa Liam

Quick Reply