Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your first football match!

Read 1903 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 516 posts | -8 
      Your first football match!
      Apr 19, 2008 04:40:24 am
      Today I played my first football game, that wasn't a practise game. We won the game 2-1, I got a goal and an assist (I'm not trying to gloat), it is a bit late to start playing football, but I was playing Australia rules until this year. I've pretty much liked football since I've known about it, but can you remember your first football match and if you can, did anything special happen?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Your first football match!
      Reply #1: Apr 19, 2008 12:05:41 pm
      My first football game for a team, I duno I was young but we lost 4 - 2.

Went 2 - 0 down, got back to 2 - 2 I got the equalizer but everyone thought I meant to cross oh how wrong it was an aimed shot :)

Left that team after a few months, they played incredibly sh*t and the only time they got away with a point or so was when I decided I'm going to be the goal keeper! I'm not even a GK for crying out loud, just shows how sh*t they were!

I've played 5 a side more recently though. It's probably more fun but way more intense!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Apr 19, 2008 02:42:16 pm
      I've played 5 a side more recently though. It's probably more fun but way more intense!

I used to do that every Wed with the lads at me last job, fu**ed me up you don't realise how much you have to F***ing run in such a small space!

I can't remember me first football game but I used to like playing defender as a youngster or in goal.   I got called the cross bar king for a few years too as when I did get upfield I always used to hit the crossbar (would be good on soccer am)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Apr 19, 2008 04:11:13 pm
      I used to do that every Wed with the lads at me last job, fu**ed me up you don't realise how much you have to F***ing run in such a small space!

Tell me about it mate. Every time I play I'm on the verge of passing out :D
      First you see a small pitch and you think, ha this will be easy but seriously it's the most knackering thing I've ever played!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Apr 19, 2008 04:19:41 pm
      Tell me about it mate. Every time I play I'm on the verge of passing out :D
      First you see a small pitch and you think, ha this will be easy but seriously it's the most knackering thing I've ever played!

I guess it's mainly because theres less of you so in effect you have to do a few positions at once, I should have kept that up really as it's not a bad work out.  We played in the local leisure centre sometimes in the hall and other times on the astro turf but I prefer the hall as you can get some serious gashes on the astro!
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2008 04:23:27 pm by AJ »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Apr 19, 2008 06:05:18 pm
      I guess it's mainly because theres less of you so in effect you have to do a few positions at once, I should have kept that up really as it's not a bad work out.  We played in the local leisure centre sometimes in the hall and other times on the astro turf but I prefer the hall as you can get some serious gashes on the astro!

When I play its in a league, so it's gets as competative as possible. When I play for a little kick around, it's not too tiring...
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Apr 19, 2008 07:43:20 pm
      My first football match took place in Murieston, Livingston. I was about 8 years old and had been picked up from the Hearts Academey which I used to attend every Thursday. Bob Malcolm, who is sadly not with us anymore, gave me the chance. I played upfront with Scott Arfield, who nows play for Falkirk first team and has been linked with Man Utd. The lad scored from the half way line which kinda out done my goal. I can still member my mum shouting "Come on Son!" and my dropping the video camera.

Great topic brought back some good memories.

Quick Reply