Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Liverpool v Chelsea CL lst leg - Match Thread and Team News

Read 12993 times
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Re: Liverpool v Chelsea CL lst leg - Match Thread and Team News
      Reply #138: Apr 22, 2008 11:42:34 pm
      We will win the next week,we are Liverpool.

We are the best team of England.

IN RAFA I TRUST & IN THE BOYS I TRUST
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #139: Apr 22, 2008 11:47:57 pm
      When standing in the tunnel next week side by side with jt what will be going through stevies mind - ive been here before , i know how to motivate this team , im confident & trust my team mates , i know the fans will be behind us , the millions of reds fans all over the world watching me and the the other 10 heroes in red , i trust my manager wtih his instructions he has given us , and when he looks down the  left sleeve of his shirt and sees the number 5 , he will know that he has the grit -drive and honour to get the result this team needs .....passion in red
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #140: Apr 22, 2008 11:56:50 pm
      Really hard to take, thats the second time thay have nicked s draw at anfield when it was not deserved!! Were better off being underdogs honestly feel we will get through. PS come on Barca!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #141: Apr 23, 2008 12:05:55 am
      Game of two halfs.

Riise you garlic twit what the F**k do you think you were doing?

On the positive side... Oh John Terry's Ma, She loves the Scouse cock!  :D
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #142: Apr 23, 2008 12:09:38 am
      BIG PETER CROUCH , that is our key player next week . YNWA.

This might be the way to go. Crouch has been in good form recently and his height is always a threat. He would also create more space for Torres who struggled tonight with both Carvalho and Terry marking him. If we're still looking for a result come the second half we could bring Babel off the bench with 30 mins to go and he could use all his energy into terrorising Ferreira for half an hour.

This would mean Gerrard playing on the left and he hinted that he didn't like it there after the Arsenal game. If he's not confident in playing that role then abort the 4-4-2 he's gonna be important next week and we need him comfortable.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #143: Apr 23, 2008 12:09:49 am
      We are still RIGHT in this !

Too many people are righting us off. We have just outplayed Chelsea and showed that we are more than capable of putting a goal past them and should have scored more. They didnt even manage to get a goal, it was a fluke own goal furthermore proving we are the superior team.

I understand why everybody is so downbeat, the circumstances mean it was a real sucker punch but we are more than capable of scoring at Chelsea .....similary to the way Arsenal needed to score against us in the last round and they did.

Stamford Bridge is a sh*t atmosphere. They have about one song. When you think about it , all we have to do is win the game on the night. Something im certain Liverpool are capable of.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #144: Apr 23, 2008 12:17:27 am
      Well if you thought Chelsea got lucky in the league game at Anfield then they had nothing on tongiht.

The biggest part of me feels sorry for Riise but a small part is thinking WTF was he doing?

To be completely honest we should have been out of sight of Chelsea and should have dispatched them from the tournament tonight.  Kuyt should have had another and Torres could have had a pair.  Such a gut wrencher in the 94th minute.

The only small positive I can fathom is that Torres hasn't yet scored in this tie, and we still have 90 minutes.  No mistake - our backs are against the wall on this one and it is definitely advantage Chelsea.  If we're going to pull this one out of the bag, and it's a huge if, we are going to do it the typical Liverpool way.  As difficult as possible.

The other thing is that we have, in our recent years, beaten far better sides than this Chelsea side away from home.  Keep the faith.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #145: Apr 23, 2008 12:20:17 am
      Hands up who thinks Drogba is a clumsy wuss who can't stay on his feet? Take a look at his smug, disbelieving face of injustice... I would pay big money to see the that when the 2nd leg is concluded ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #146: Apr 23, 2008 12:23:18 am
      When our fans were singing 'chelsea rent boy', was that at Joe Cole or the F***ing ref! I know in this competition the officials are a bit more picky on decisions, but the favour was certainly with the pansy blue boys. I think we conceded about 20 fouls and 90 percent of those were not justified! Alright, that might be slightly over the top but I bet anyone I'm not far off.

We were poor for the first 20 mins. Looked too nervous and edgy. But Alonso was determind to get some decent passes flowing and we started getting a grip on our own game. We got the goal at a crucial time and then came out in the second half and battered them. But the old ghost of 'not making it count', that's been apparent for the latter stages of last year, came back to haunt us. We should have punished them and we didn't.

They came back into the game gradually - we looked like we were beginning to think a one goal lead would be a fair result. And it would have been. But Riise decided not to take note of his foolish howler against Luton earlier in the season. Many might feel sorry for him, but I certainly don't. He should have learned about dealing with a ball in front of his own goal against Luton. But he hasn't. Instead of using his right foot, he thought his head would be better. If he had actually tried to clear with his right foot, then that's when I'd feel sorry for him.

By no means are we out of it. Ironically enough, I think we might gain an advantage from the odds looking stacked against us to get a result at the bridge. Let's hope the lads can get the unfortunate stupid error out of their systems.

No one really had a poor game - including Riise when he came on. He just let himself down right near the end. But I thought Babel, Arbeloa, Benayoun, Torres and Gerrard didn't really impose themselves as much as we know they can. Good job there's a second leg....
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #147: Apr 23, 2008 12:28:06 am
      When standing in the tunnel next week side by side with jt what will be going through Stevies mind - I've been here before , I know how to motivate this team , I'm confident & trust my team mates , I know the fans will be behind us , the millions of reds fans all over the world watching me and the the other 10 heroes in red , I trust my manager with his instructions he has given us, and when he looks down the  left sleeve of his shirt and sees the number 5 , he will know that he has the grit -drive and honour to get the result this team needs .....passion in red

Good post Sparky, that's the spirit ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #148: Apr 23, 2008 12:32:31 am
      Well after watching the match I am convinced that Drogba should get a trophy for the most dives in a match. As regards Terry the amount of fouls he got away with putting his elbow into Torres back and head,it was criminal.It had me wishing we had a Tommy Smith of 40 years ago on the pitch,Tommy would of dealt to them and whats more he would of been smart enough to do it and not be seen by the referee.This ref was the same one who had the Marseille game at Anfield,we had no luck in that game either.However all is not lost ,put your money on the MIGHTY REDS to finish the job at Chelsea.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #149: Apr 23, 2008 12:33:47 am
      im stunned! I was planning on posting yesterday that if anybody dare post on here if we didnt win and put us down they coulf f**k right off but most post posts are we were by far the better team!. So please keep up the positivity and Wednesday week get behind the boys 100% again cos I for one know were going to Mosscow 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #150: Apr 23, 2008 12:57:21 am
      Well Riise may have just booked himself a 1 way ticket out of liverpool if we dont beat chelsea in the 2nd leg. The last time he scored an o.g was against luton and that was late on in the match too, what the hell is his problem. USE YOUR RIGHT FOOT ONCE IN A WHILE DAMN IT!

When i saw he was about to come on I thought to my self 'we are going to concede an away goal now'

Surely the better option would to have brung Hyypia and moved Arbeloa to left back and Carra to right back.

I would like to debate the goal though because for minutes injury time had passed ;D
      OhJohnnyBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • I throw sh*t at Chelsea Supporters
      Reply #151: Apr 23, 2008 01:03:30 am
      i'm dumbfounded by today's result. i just have no worlds to say
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #152: Apr 23, 2008 01:14:21 am
      I'm dumbfounded by today's result. I just have no worlds to say

If you're not going to say any worlds, at least share your opinion with words. Let it out!!
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #153: Apr 23, 2008 01:26:11 am
      it was pretty much the cap on a bad day for me... thank god they're going to fix this in the second leg
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #154: Apr 23, 2008 01:50:53 am
      I was gutted i feel some injustice with this result we definetly deserved more than we got. The way Chelsea got that goal further justifies my theory that if God follows football then Chelsea is his team. If it is not a lucky deflection or a dubious penalty it is a badly taken own goal.

The way Chelsea plays makes me sick and Rafa was so right in his analysis that no matter who the coach is it is Abramovich that calls the shots. They are playing the same shiite football they did under that Portuguese clown.

As for the own goal my instinctive reaction was to strangle Riise but then i also felt a bit of sympathy for him too. I think at equal fault to that goal is Mascherano who had the ball at his feet and managed to clear it at full swing a magnificent 25 yards. No point playing the blame game sh*t happens.

We have 90 minutes to knock these scummy bas**rds out we only need a goal and I dont care about this 0 goals in 8 games at Stamford Bridge. We are Liverpool!
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #155: Apr 23, 2008 01:57:49 am
      Im disappointed at the result but i think its a blessing in disguise.
      Now we have to go there and play hard and attack just like we had to against Arsenal in the 2nd leg once we went down 1-0
      I still think we have more than enough to turn over the chavs at Stamford Bridge

Can't wait till Wednesday
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #156: Apr 23, 2008 02:03:09 am
      You know there is the conspiracy theory!!

Final is in Moscow, Roman Abramovich, Russian, owner of Chelsea, mega billlionaire.

How much for one ref, 5mins extra time??

Stiil not worried though, Chelsea have never bothered me that much.
      indonesian-reds
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      • kopite for life!
      Reply #157: Apr 23, 2008 02:13:27 am
      what were you thinking, riise? the ball could easily kicked by ur right foot... why bother with ur head?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #158: Apr 23, 2008 02:23:30 am
      Think about it this way:

Chelsea were likely to get their equaliser sooner or later - whether at Anfield or SB. Either way, we would have had to score another one at SB to cancel it out.

Nothing lost IMO.
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #159: Apr 23, 2008 02:26:39 am
      IMO To be fair to riise the cross came in like tat is difficult to due with for anyone. it bad luck. but it not over for us . WE WILL BE BACK at chlsiki and SCORE an away goal. WE WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2008 02:43:32 am by murpies »
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #160: Apr 23, 2008 02:39:43 am
      How could it be that Risse, a player who is constantly mentioned as one of the substandard players at Liverpool found himself defending Liverpools near post in the most important game of all?
      In all honesty Liverpool deserved to be a couple up, on the balance of chances, and Chelsea struggle to score at the best of times. Why bring on a player who is clearly not Premier League standard, when the cries are loud and clear that this player is a liability. Benitez must take responsibility for this as much as the player himself.
      Risse has no right foot, which was the obvious part of the anatomy required to deal with the cross, and this beggars the question of how can you have a defender in such a key position with such a basic limitation. Even as an attacking force Risse offers little as most of his left footed swings this year have ended up in row zzzzz.
      I am devastated with this loss and just hope we can go to Stamford Bridge and score.
      I do believe we play better when we go out to attack from the start, so we can still get a result, but please for god's sake Rafa dont ever allow this cumbersome player to put on a Liverpool shirt again. Along with Voronim Risse is the worst current player in the squad.

Quick Reply