Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Barcelona vs Man Utd

Read 13639 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Barcelona vs Man Utd
      Apr 22, 2008 10:53:26 pm
      Well this will probably have the more 'entertaining football' as it's not two English teams facing each other. Don't care who wins really, I hate Chelsea more than both as they play crap football and get results. It's be a sad day when the cheque book team win something as prestigious as the Champions League... would mean there is nothing stronger than money!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Barcelona vs Man Utd
      Reply #1: Apr 22, 2008 11:00:20 pm
      I'd love Barcelona to win it but I can't see it happening, especially not over 2 legs.

Yeah I'd be gutted to watch Chelsea win the Champions League. If it's Chelsea V Man U in the Final I probably won't watch it to be honest; how crap is that! :(
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Apr 22, 2008 11:03:48 pm
      It would simply mean they know how to act ;) - nothing new learnt there. I would prefer that Barca won the two-legs, although I'm in a split-mind about this:

A final vs ManUre would be a huge game. Probably the biggest in the Club's history. If we won that, we could have bragging rights forever.

A final vs Barca would also be a big game. The Champs '05 vs. Champs '06. Thrilling to say the least.

Anyway, here's how I think it may pan out:

Nou Camp
      Barcelona 3 - 1 Man Utd

Old Trafford
      Man Utd 2 - 1 Barcelona
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #3: Apr 22, 2008 11:27:12 pm
      Nou Camp
      Barcelona 3 - 1 Man Utd

Old Trafford
      Man Utd 2 - 1 Barcelona

As much as I'd love it I really can't see Utd lose 3-1 at Camp Nou. I think they wil go through but I have said to my Utd supporting mate that they could come unstuck if they go all out attack as Barca still have the players to cause them problems going forward.
      Cy
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 22, 2008 11:29:23 pm
      Manchester United Vs Barcelona is probably what the Champions League is about on paper. Two very good teams battling for a place in the final of the greatest competition after the Euro and the World Cup.

I would be supporting Barcelona, been a Liverpool fan I couldn't possibly wish to see United reaching the final. Manchester are the best bid for gamblers, but, like Liverpool I believe Barcelona has the spirit and the fans to create magic on the night. Barcelona will know that Ronaldo is the man to watch. Whatever people say, English players (with the exception of Gerrard) are not build to deal with pressure, that will make the Rooney and Scholes unable to deliver on the night. Therefore I can see Barcelona going through the Final with a 2-1 win at home with a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in the second leg.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Apr 23, 2008 10:25:05 am
      Think its vital that Lionel Messi is back tonight for Barca and think he will have a major say in where this tie goes. Ronaldo will be as dangerous as ever but Barca have got a not to bad defence, whether they can deal with the little rat we will wait and find out.

Difficult one to call and my heart says Barca but my head says the Scum. Barca have been poor and with it looking like their gaffer is on the way out, really think its the Scums tie.

Hopefully Barca can do EUROPE a favor and keep these rats out of Moscow.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Apr 23, 2008 12:19:33 pm
      Come on Barca!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Apr 23, 2008 01:53:12 pm
      Like everyone on here I want Barca to win, but even more so if we manage to get to the final. UEFA would love nothing more than to break the hold that English clubs have on Europe at the moment, the slightest bit of trouble (which you can guarantee there will be if it's a Liverpool-Utd final) and out come the European bans again. The bragging rights if we beat them in the final would be awesome, but it's not worth the risk of not being able to play in the competition again for a few years afterwards.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #8: Apr 23, 2008 02:27:09 pm
      barcelona plays bad futbol,he won't win
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #9: Apr 23, 2008 02:32:28 pm
      Like everyone on here I want Barca to win, but even more so if we manage to get to the final. UEFA would love nothing more than to break the hold that English clubs have on Europe at the moment, the slightest bit of trouble (which you can guarantee there will be if it's a Liverpool-Utd final) and out come the European bans again. The bragging rights if we beat them in the final would be awesome, but it's not worth the risk of not being able to play in the competition again for a few years afterwards.

Oh I dunno the idea of a Liverpool/United final is too mouthwatering!

I can imagine the crowd control in a city like Moscow will be quite over worked though!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Apr 23, 2008 02:43:15 pm

I can imagine the crowd control in a city like Moscow will be quite over worked though!

I totally agree that for footballing reasons I would like to see a Liverpool-Utd final, but you can guarantee no matter how good the security is over there (which going by the history books is likely to be poor anyway), it is almost guaranteed there will be some trouble between the two sets of fans. We all know what UEFA are like, especially with Platini at the helm, the slightest bit of trouble between our fans & they'll boot us out of the competition.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #11: Apr 23, 2008 03:25:37 pm
      I think United may win home and away. Barca are only getting worse and worse. 1 win in their last 9 La Liga games, what great form!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Apr 23, 2008 05:06:01 pm
      I want barca to win it i'd love to see a liverpool vs. barca final.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: Apr 23, 2008 05:07:16 pm

Think about the travelling arragements mate.
      42,000 with tickets and thousands others, all travelling from the North West to Moscow over a few days.
      That is a logistical nightmare.

Think about the hotel situations aswell.

The final in Moscow is not all about the 90 minutes on a pitch.

Crowd control in Moscow, I've seen it first hand.
      You get a baton round your head if you step off the pavement and onto the road whilst leaving the stadium.
      If that system doesn't work, then they use tear gas straight at your face.
      It is not pleasant being in that sort of control.

People need to realise that an all English final would be the worst thing that could happen to this Country.
      As I said, the final is a hell of a lot more than the 90 mins played on the pitch.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Apr 23, 2008 07:48:39 pm
      F***ing quality, Ronaldo has just missed a penalty against Barcelona !! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2008 07:50:04 pm
      2 mins in and a missed pen!
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2008 07:53:34 pm
      Miss Portugal failed one penalty   :lmao:

GO BARÇA!!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2008 08:01:19 pm
      Forca Barca!

Suck sh*t Ronaldo you jammy b***ard! Maybe the gel in your hair tipped your body a bit to the right and that was the reason for your miss.

Barca me 2nd favourite team this Messi kid is just all over them.

Why the F**k is Marquez taking free kicks?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2008 08:35:55 pm
      I totally agree that for footballing reasons I would like to see a Liverpool-Utd final, but you can guarantee no matter how good the security is over there (which going by the history books is likely to be poor anyway), it is almost guaranteed there will be some trouble between the two sets of fans. We all know what UEFA are like, especially with Platini at the helm, the slightest bit of trouble between our fans & they'll boot us out of the competition.

Have to agree totally with you Eddie, I desperately want Barcelona to win and for us to beat Chelski.
      A Liverpool V Barcelona final would be a dream, a Liverpool V Man Utd final would be a nightmare, can't see any positives for that at all, unless of course we beat them, and how satisfying would that be.

But like Tommo said it's not just about the 90 minutes on the pitch.

UEFA would love us to step out of line so they could throw the book at us, just like in 1985.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2008 10:02:37 pm
      Full time. 0-0
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #20: Apr 23, 2008 10:26:48 pm
      Man Utd were sh*t. How the F**k did it stay 0 - 0 ?

I think Barca are just as dominant without Ronaldinho, but they are one too dimensional. When the ball goes to Ronnie, everyone stands off and he can either play a killer pass through to Eto'o or just ghost past the defenders. He brings other team mates into the game.

However I was very impressed with Barca's build up play. They did what ever they could to retain possesion and they did that fantasticaly. No team in the world would play their way out of defense against Man Utd, but Barca did and they made it look so easy!

Man Utd played bad because they rarely saw the ball and when they got it they thought that this is the only time they got the ball so make something happen but Man Utd tried far too hard when in possesion. If a team lacks possesion, when they do win the ball they try far too hard!

Well done Barca, will hope to see you go through at Old Toilet and face Liverpool in the final.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #21: Apr 23, 2008 11:18:37 pm
      F**k it.  I hope United beat them and we wipe the floor with Chelsea.

I, like most on here, was pretty concerned about the lack of 'enjoyment' we could possibly get out of a Man United - Liverpool final.  We all seem so scared of the prospect of failure that it holds us back from obtaining our dreams.

It will be either the highest high, or the lowest low.

Let's not run scared from this.

MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Apr 23, 2008 11:27:15 pm
      At least we will know who we have to play in the final before our match kicks off next week with Chelski, and I sincerely hope it's Barca.

Quick Reply