Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Barcelona vs Man Utd

Read 13637 times
      eggsterlfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: Barcelona vs Man Utd
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2008 11:35:42 pm
      beating man utd in the final would much more satisfying than than bettin barcabut first we got to beat chelsea and then concentrate on the final
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #24: Apr 24, 2008 12:09:54 am
      At least we will know who we have to play in the final before our match kicks off next week with Chelski, and I sincerely hope it's Barca.

Why would you rather play Barcelona than United? (Assuming we beat Chelsea)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Apr 24, 2008 12:35:00 am

Firstly i'd like to say the mancs were dreadful tonight barca should have buried them, some of messi's play at not 100% fitness was just WOW.

I would rather play barca aswell (given we beat chelsea) but after reading what you said a bit higher up JD my view has changed quite a bit maybe a liverpool mancs final would be good. I cant speak for msG but if it is anything like the reason i dont want to play them in the final its just due to fear of losing to them, winning against them in a CL final would just be the greatest feeling ever but losing against them in the final i just dread to think of, its like the mancs would never ever let us live it down and i think it all comes down to a fear of failure but you are right, as you said lets not run scared of this.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Apr 24, 2008 12:37:45 am

Because I think it will make for a better final, because it will also be better for the fans, it's a very special occasion to go abroad to watch your team play, I can forsee dreadful problems arising if it's us and manure in the final as Tommo pointed out in an earlier post.

And more to the point I think we would have a better chance of beating Barcelona than man utd, I couldn't bear to watch neville lift the cup in front of us, the whole press, media, papers etc would have a field day and it wouldn't matter the fact that we've won it 5 times, manure would be hailed Champions of Europe and we wouldn't be allowed to forget it, and can you imagine that smug grin on Ferguson's face.

I just couldn't bear the thought, now......... if we beat them, well that's a different kettle of fish, we certainly won't get the glory they'd get for beating us, remember it's different rules for them :o

You only have to wonder why it's Sir Alex and not Sir Bob >:(
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #27: Apr 24, 2008 02:29:44 am
      Ms Gerrard, agree with all your points and would like to add that the media have a soft spot for Man U and the Arsenal.  And when we win they won’t let us hog the entire media they’ll always nit pick and try to make it out that we were lucky or just concentrating on the single competition…..etc.  Also if we do win its not going to really give us something different to stick to down the throats of Utd fans.  We’re just so ahead in Europe, but losing will just always give them the one word answer which would be remember Moscow.

If we beat Barcelona we will have all the media attention and the entire press and publicity and everyone bigging us up, just can’t wait. Oooops we still got that Russian, eerrr I mean chelea to deal with!
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #28: Apr 24, 2008 03:12:16 am
      I don't think ManU will make it to the final. Barca regained their confidence so they'll be ready to go in for the kill when they get to trafford. I'm hoping that Frankie will have the sense to put Bojan and Henry up front, but would settle for another saves the day goal from Xavi.

not worried about us... that would just be a waste of energy  ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #29: Apr 24, 2008 08:58:59 am
      Ronaldo's penalty miss:

Looks like he is human after all....... :P
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Apr 24, 2008 09:06:33 am
      Looks like he is human after all....... :P

No he just set his co-ordinates slightly off on his machine legs.  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 24, 2008 12:22:20 pm
      F***ing quality, Ronaldo has just missed a penalty against Barcelona !! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Haha I laughed my head off when I got told this. So he actually missed, it wasn't saved then ???

I hope Barca can do it at Old Trafford but I can't see it :( Ah well.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Apr 24, 2008 11:35:10 pm
      Yup, he actually missed. Commentators' excuses were that he was 'keeping his eye on Valdes, and not the goal - his instincts let him down'.

Why couldn't he have missed against England? =/
      RedAndWhiteKop
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | -2 
      Reply #33: Apr 26, 2008 01:21:31 pm
      a bit of grese dropped off his head and he slipped on it :lmao:
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #34: Apr 27, 2008 07:01:32 pm
      A final vs ManUre would be a huge game. Probably the biggest in the Club's history. If we won that, we could have bragging rights forever.

Absolutely, it would be the biggest game ever in Britain by a mile, if United won it it would be our bragging rights forever also...;)...

Unless it happened again in the future and Liverpool won it...........

Nah I'm just being daft.........;).........
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2008 07:03:29 pm
      :D

It's more relaxing for me.  To know Utd are playing first.

Hopefully a very interesting game.  I don't really want Utd to win but it could go either way!
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #36: Apr 27, 2008 07:11:15 pm
      :D

It's more relaxing for me.  To know Utd are playing first.

Hopefully a very interesting game.  I don't really want Utd to win but it could go either way!

I've got to say that I am a bit scared, we could lose the league and be knocked out of Europe, the next week is a big one for me, I've just had to sit watching the Chelsea United game with a friend of mine who is a Chelsea fan so you can bet that there was a lot of pisstaking and I was on the receiving end...

He won't be there however when we play Barcelona, c'mon United...........Pleeeee eeeese..........
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: Apr 27, 2008 07:20:02 pm
      I've got to say that I am a bit scared, we could lose the league and be knocked out of Europe, the next week is a big one for me, I've just had to sit watching the Chelsea United game with a friend of mine who is a Chelsea fan so you can bet that there was a lot of pisstaking and I was on the receiving end...

He won't be there however when we play Barcelona, c'mon United...........Pleeeee eeeese..........

what would you rather win if ye had to pick one?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #38: Apr 27, 2008 07:28:19 pm
      And who would you rather have in the final ?  Us or Chelsea  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #39: Apr 27, 2008 10:05:17 pm

Unless it happened again in the future and Liverpool won it...........

Nah I'm just being daft.........;).........

Of course you are. We've been written off many a time in Europe but we seem to have the most European Cups in England.

Irony eh.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #40: Apr 27, 2008 10:47:02 pm
      we seem to have the most European Cups in England.

:lmao: And how many European Cups have we won Kenny  ;) and how many have manure won >:D ha ha.....not as many as us that's for sure :laugh:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Apr 28, 2008 01:12:52 am
      Its good to see that the Mancs are shitting themselves and rightfully so I was getting tired of their arrogance.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2008 05:41:26 pm
      Man Utd are going into the return leg massive favourites for this, but a score draw is enough for Barca to qualify for the final.... Anyone else think that their over-confidence could work against them in this match? I could easily see this one finishing 1-1, and Utd fans in tears!  ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2008 06:32:32 pm
      I have different opinions on the result now. Even though Barca are pants in their own league, in the Champions League they haven't even lost a game yet. All Barcelona have to do is make sure that Man Utd don't score more than they do, and with Man Utd going for it I can see Barcelona being able to get through on goal a lot easier.

The 'white Pele' is injured and may not make this game, also Vidic may not be able to make the game. If so then Man Utd are stuffed!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2008 06:34:27 pm
      Man Utd are going into the return leg massive favourites for this, but a score draw is enough for Barca to qualify for the final.... Anyone else think that their over-confidence could work against them in this match? I could easily see this one finishing 1-1, and Utd fans in tears!  ;)

I hope and pray that you are right Ayrton, nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see manure fall at this stage, and not even make the final  :lmao: ha ha ha, chelski for the premiership and Liverpool for the Champions League.............manur e   >:D ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2008 08:38:26 pm
      Right guys, people saying all United fans are arrogant are actually wrong because I can always see us losing any game no matter how lowly the team we are playing is. So of course I can envisage a scenario where Chelsea win the Premiership and  Liverpool, Barcelona or Chelsea win the CL and I hope it doesn't happen, someone asked which I'd like to win, well I'd like to win both but if I had to choose I'd take the CL...

I always hate coming back from an away tie without an away goal because if they score 1 then we've got to score 2 or we're out, I still want a Liverpool v United final so that's what I'm hoping for this coming week...

Quick Reply