Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Barcelona vs Man Utd

Read 13630 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Barcelona vs Man Utd
      Reply #69: Apr 29, 2008 11:42:54 pm
      Had my suspicions about him after that post RK!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #70: Apr 30, 2008 12:04:32 am
      Had my suspicions about him after that post RK!!

Same here, I mean what kind of Liverpool fan would praise Man Utd?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Apr 30, 2008 12:24:52 am
      All English final. Great ::) Barca were good upfront IMO but their defence just seemed to be all over the place.. even Ferdinand seemed to get upfront a few times :o Nevermind. I think if Barca had scored first they may have drawn and gone through.. but United seemed better overall I think.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #72: Apr 30, 2008 12:47:07 am
      Just watched it , utd couldnt cope with messi , but did get there goal , i also think if barca had scored first , then utd would be out , barca certantly did have the chances to do that ....but u have gotta take them when they come .
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #73: Apr 30, 2008 12:58:31 am
      Messi is the biggest waste of space ever.  Sure he can beat about 5 men but when there are two or possibly three players around him waiting for a chance to strike at goal he tries to beat other players.

Big headed c**t.

Henry on the left & Bojan upfront?  Sorry, Barca deserve to go out.  If you decide to play one of the best strikers in the world who knows how to break Utd in half down the left...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #74: Apr 30, 2008 01:12:31 am
      Messi is the biggest waste of space ever.  Sure he can beat about 5 men but when there are two or possibly three players around him waiting for a chance to strike at goal he tries to beat other players.

Big headed c**t.

Henry on the left & Bojan upfront?  Sorry, Barca deserve to go out.  If you decide to play one of the best strikers in the world who knows how to break Utd in half down the left...

Sorry but I don't think you follow Messi enough. He is for sure the only player in the world I'd consider paying £100m for. Call me mad but watch him at his best and he'll rip teams apart. He's not even 50% fit for goodness sakes. He's lost about 50% of pace and the poor lad has been fighting career threatening injurys. Torn his hamstring twice, poor lad. He may never be the same player again as once you've torn your hamstring, it's bound to tear again and again.
      He won't be the best player in the world, simply because injurys will get in his way.

As for Henry, one of the best strikers in the world? Well use to be! I could think of many better strikers than him now, he's a has been and now gone living off his past success.

Well at the end of the day, a 50% fit Messi and he's been the best player on the pitch over the two legs... says it all really!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #75: Apr 30, 2008 02:09:02 am
      Messi was stunning in that match but i think he should leave barca.

I take no notice of the injury thing as if you look at barcelona all their players look injury prone and there is constant speculation about their medical staff's capabilities.

Messi played fantastically though, he didnt get many clear chances and still managed to be the biggest goal threat on the field. He didnt play in a cocky way though most of his play was trying to take a few man u players out the game so he could set up someone else.

Personally i know ronaldo has had an amazing season but i still think messi is the best player in the world. Some of the stuff he does is stunning and he will perform against any team on the planet no matter what stage its on, the same cant be said for many other players in world football. The whole injury thing is overhyped imo, he will become even more amazing than people realise. He's 20, thats so young in football.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Apr 30, 2008 09:21:29 am
      It seemed to me that Barca didn't want to score last night, they had the majority of the ball and sprayed it about really well. The only real chance they had was a long range effort from Deco. Credit to the Scum though, they defended well and that Ginger tw@t scored a corker. People were e-mailing on SSN saying Rio is the best CB in the world, just started laughing. Some of his clearences were suspect last night, thought the Ginger Gangsta' Wesley Brown had a better game (Sadly)

As for Lionel Messi being a waste of space.......Have a word mate  ???

He was by far their best player yesterday and maybe should of had more cracks at goal but still great talent and needs to leave Barca cos they are not the side they used to be. Sense massive changes in the summer.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #77: Apr 30, 2008 09:36:54 am
      Messi was stunning in that match but I think he should leave barca.

I take no notice of the injury thing as if you look at barcelona all their players look injury prone and there is constant speculation about their medical staff's capabilities.

Another bizarre quote!

Why should Messi leave Barcelona just because of their medical staff? So every decent player should leave Barca and leave them like a bottomless pit?

Wouldn't it be easier for Barca to just get a new medical team? It's not rocket science, you don't leave the biggest club in the world that boasts so much young potential with so many great already players.

That's like someone saying Gerrard should leave us if he was getting unlucky with injury's because of the medical team. When a player is at a top club, they should want to stay there and when I talk of a top club I mean the clubs with a massive history such as Liverpool, Barcelona, AC Milan - not your Arsenal, Chelsea or Valencia with minimum history!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #78: Apr 30, 2008 09:46:12 am
      Sorry but I don't think you follow Messi enough. He is for sure the only player in the world I'd consider paying £100m for. Call me mad but watch him at his best and he'll rip teams apart. He's not even 50% fit for goodness sakes. He's lost about 50% of pace and the poor lad has been fighting career threatening injurys. Torn his hamstring twice, poor lad. He may never be the same player again as once you've torn your hamstring, it's bound to tear again and again.
      He won't be the best player in the world, simply because injurys will get in his way.

As for Henry, one of the best strikers in the world? Well use to be! I could think of many better strikers than him now, he's a has been and now gone living off his past success.

Well at the end of the day, a 50% fit Messi and he's been the best player on the pitch over the two legs... says it all really!

Messi is a F***ing hog mate.

Couldn't pass the ball to save his life.  He's just a "oh look at me I can dribble past 10 players & get tackled by the 11th!"

100m mate?  You could buy 4 or 5 world class players with that sort of money!!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #79: Apr 30, 2008 10:00:28 am
      Messi is a F***ing hog mate.

Couldn't pass the ball to save his life.  He's just a "oh look at me I can dribble past 10 players & get tackled by the 11th!"

100m mate?  You could buy 4 or 5 world class players with that sort of money!!!

Give the kid a break, he did the best he could last night. His pace and match sharpness has downed by nearly half, he's only played one full game in the last 2 months. I mean, what exactly are you expecting from a player who's 60 to 70% fit?

From however far off he was from playing to his full ability, he was by far the best player on the pitch over the two legs!
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #80: Apr 30, 2008 10:09:59 am
      Harsh considering the lads age aswell ::)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #81: Apr 30, 2008 10:51:26 am
      Luckily he can still improve.  How old is he?  20?

But I know a hog when I see one.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #82: Apr 30, 2008 10:54:24 am
      Clearly you have a serious problem with Messi :D

Everyones entilted to their opinion but I think he was Barcas best player last night, who do you think stood out Court?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #83: Apr 30, 2008 11:06:37 am
      Messi is the best player in the world when fit. It's not everyday you see a 20 year old carrying a team like Barcelona. What a talent, and probably better than 4 world class players in my opinion.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #84: Apr 30, 2008 11:37:41 am
      Clearly you have a serious problem with Messi :D

Everyones entilted to their opinion but I think he was Barcas best player last night, who do you think stood out Court?

I seen most of it I apoligize if I missed any more big moments of 'brilliance'.  Just players that can't play the simple ball in to feet when another team mate infuriates me. 

Yeah he's good on the floor with tricks & that but the only way to get my vote is to know when to pass the ball at the right time.  Greedy players absolutely get me so wound up.

I don't really think anyone stood out - other than Scholes with a great strike. 
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 30, 2008 11:43:56 am
      I seen most of it I apoligize if I missed any more big moments of 'brilliance'.  Just players that can't play the simple ball in to feet when another team mate infuriates me. 

Yeah he's good on the floor with tricks & that but the only way to get my vote is to know when to pass the ball at the right time.  Greedy players absolutely get me so wound up.

I don't really think anyone stood out - other than Scholes with a great strike. 

Don't think anyone really made a option for Messi to be honest. Can't pass the ball if no one is available. Anyways it was a fantastic strike by that idiot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #86: Apr 30, 2008 11:47:20 am
      There is no doubt that Messi is a fantastic player but I see where Court is coming from especially on last nights performance. On more than one occasion he had a great run and then when the simple pass was on he held onto the ball and lost it. This may not be normal for him but was evident last night.

I actually thought Deco was Barca's best player last night and most looked like scoring. Also Eto'o was a big disappointment for me. Didn't really offer any threat when he was on the pitch.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2008 11:53:05 am by srslfc »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #87: Apr 30, 2008 11:52:04 am
      There is no doubt that Messi is a fantastic player but I see where Court is coming from especially on last nights performance. On more than one occasion he had a great run and then when the simple pass was on he held onto the ball and lost it. This may not be normal for him but was evident last night.

I actuallyt thought Deco was Barca's best player last night and most looked like scoring. Also Eto'o was a big disappointment for me. Didn't really offer any threat when he was on the pitch.

See!  :D

I also thought Eto'o was rubbish last night.  Personally I would of done a straight sub of Eto'o off for Henry.  Instead Henry gets brought on to the left & Bojan is brought on to play up top.  ???

Wrong move from Rijkaard & that could end his career at Barcelona.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #88: Apr 30, 2008 02:18:49 pm
      See!  :D

I also thought Eto'o was rubbish last night.  Personally I would of done a straight sub of Eto'o off for Henry.  Instead Henry gets brought on to the left & Bojan is brought on to play up top.  ???

Wrong move from Rijkaard & that could end his career at Barcelona.

Yeah thought the same when Henry was brought on, why not just have him in the centre where is clinical. A 17 year old playing in the centre on his own in the CL Semi Final ???
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #89: Apr 30, 2008 06:09:57 pm
      True, Kenny, and I know what your saying, I just couldn't bear to lose against them, but they probably are feeling the same about us,

As a United fan I can only say that I hope Liverpool get there but I'm also terrified of a Liverpool victory but it will be a much better spectacle than Chelsea v United. United v Liverpool in Moscow will be by far the biggest club game in the history of British football but believe me it would be just like Liverpool to get beat regularly by us in the Premiership but turn it around in The Champions League so I'm scared...;)...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #90: Apr 30, 2008 06:12:28 pm
      Another bizarre quote!

Why should Messi leave Barcelona just because of their medical staff? So every decent player should leave Barca and leave them like a bottomless pit?

Wouldn't it be easier for Barca to just get a new medical team? It's not rocket science, you don't leave the biggest club in the world that boasts so much young potential with so many great already players.

That's like someone saying Gerrard should leave us if he was getting unlucky with injury's because of the medical team. When a player is at a top club, they should want to stay there and when I talk of a top club I mean the clubs with a massive history such as Liverpool, Barcelona, AC Milan - not your Arsenal, Chelsea or Valencia with minimum history!

Read it again i didnt once say he should leave because of the medical staff. Please show me where i did because its strange you say ANOTHER bizzare quote, where was the first ? I said he should leave barca, and i said i take no notice of the injury thing, now please explain how that means he should leave because of the medical staff because i really cant see it ?

If you read it properly you will notice they have no relation to what your suggesting and that is nothing like what i said. So please explain im intrigued as to how two seperate things become something completely different.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #91: Apr 30, 2008 06:53:08 pm
      Then explain why Messi should leave Barcelona. You make no sense my friend, no sense in thinking a great player should leave a great club...

Quick Reply