Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Michael Edwards Returns to FSG

Read 3103 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Re: Michael Edwards Returns to Liverpool
      Reply #46: Mar 13, 2024 03:50:28 am
      Yeah but I don’t think it’s going to a club that will be in the Champions league
      So FSG are buying United?
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 788 posts | 132 
      Reply #47: Mar 13, 2024 11:46:42 am
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 127 
      Re: Michael Edwards Returns to FSG
      Reply #48: Mar 13, 2024 11:51:23 am
      Good idea, as long as their leaky shed isn't thrown into the deal  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #49: Mar 13, 2024 02:11:16 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 751 
      Reply #50: Mar 13, 2024 03:56:12 pm
      I don't think the asking of the re-think question is as "dumb" as JK thinks. Cognitive flexibility is deceptively complex. Once a person takes a particular stance he then forms an opinion, in JK's case a decision to leave at the end of the season. What then happens is that decision becomes attached to your whole sense of who you are, and any challenge to it you equate with a challenge to your very self.
      .......Which makes it very difficult, (almost impossible) for us to change our minds. (especially if your original opinion has been plastered around the world )
      An ability to change your mind is an attribute...not a weakness.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #51: Mar 13, 2024 04:43:30 pm
      I don't think the asking of the re-think question is as "dumb" as JK thinks. Cognitive flexibility is deceptively complex. Once a person takes a particular stance he then forms an opinion, in JK's case a decision to leave at the end of the season. What then happens is that decision becomes attached to your whole sense of who you are, and any challenge to it you equate with a challenge to your very self.
      .......Which makes it very difficult, (almost impossible) for us to change our minds. (especially if your original opinion has been plastered around the world )

It’s simple - Klopp won’t be changing his mind
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #52: Mar 13, 2024 05:23:23 pm
      It’s simple - Klopp won’t be changing his mind

Because he just does not want a break but he wants something new like to train Real or Germany or just laying on the beach and wait to die. When I heard that his whole stuff goes with him I knew it was no just some decision but a well thought-thru one.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #53: Mar 13, 2024 05:30:03 pm
      Would love him to do a U-Turn mate as do countless reds across the globe but he is leaving.
      He gave us an extra 12 months & so much much more he won’t be changing his mind.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #54: Mar 13, 2024 05:49:12 pm
      Because he just does not want a break but he wants something new like to train Real or Germany or just laying on the beach and wait to die. When I heard that his whole stuff goes with him I knew it was no just some decision but a well thought-thru one.

🙄 are you ok in the head ?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 127 
      Reply #55: Mar 13, 2024 06:34:28 pm
      You'd be much better off asking it if it is sentient....
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #56: Mar 13, 2024 06:51:11 pm
      I personally think the 2nd club will be a smaller club in a smaller league for which part of its function is to be a feeder club and send them the players we would currently look to loan. We've had various instances where we loan a player and it ends up being a waste of time, so having a smaller team to send them to that follows the same approach as us where they will actually get playing time would only help.

I think it will probably be a club in a smaller European league. Is the post Brexit immigration rules a factor in this decision? Maybe having a second club within the EU helps us with younger players outside the UK? They are bought by Liverpool but loaned out to the European club until they can get a work permit to get into UK.

Basically, it's probably the Tories fault.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 751 
      Reply #57: Mar 13, 2024 06:54:22 pm
      Would love him to do a U-Turn mate as do countless reds across the globe but he is leaving.
      He gave us an extra 12 months & so much much more he won’t be changing his mind.
      I totally accept and respect his decision to leave and don't believe for a second that he is likely to change his mind. My post was to do with the validity of asking the question, and how and why (All) people struggle with admitting error.
      * Not that I'm claiming his decision is in any way an error*
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2024 07:02:53 pm by Longy-Shops »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #58: Mar 13, 2024 09:59:35 pm

You have a very complex way of answering a simple equation, Jürgen Klopp is leaving at the end of the season, that journalist is Dumb for thinking/believing that because Micheal Edwards is returning, Jürgen would change his mind,
      He very clearly wasn’t and isn’t changing his mind so therefore it’s a dumb question to ask, it matters not a jot what the Journo’s mind was thinking, he obviously hasn’t a clue what goes on behind the scenes and in particular in Jürgen's private life, he and perhaps more importantly Ulla has come to the conclusion that enough is enough, and that the stresses and strain that come with the job have taken their toll on Jürgen,

…in short he has done his bit and someone else will follow….and no matter who the DoF is or head of operations or JW Henry himself will persuade him otherwise, the journo may only have been doing his job but I bet even he was reluctant to ask the question, and perhaps with hindsight wish he hadn’t !!

You’re not the only one that can be complex yanno’s !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Mar 13, 2024 10:13:26 pm

Aw mate, I feel so sorry for you, I know that help in the community isn’t for everyone, I do sincerely hope you get the help you so desperately need, it’s not every day we on these boards have to put up with thick Cnuts like yourself, perhaps you can’t help it, maybe you were dropped on your head when you were a kid, F**k knows 🤷 ?

All we know is that you constantly post complete bollocks that we can’t help but think that there’s a bit of a void between your ears, it’s such a shame, but hey never mind, we live in a woke society so don’t worry la, someday someone will come along and put you on the sunshine bus, but don’t get sticking your tongue to the windows ok ??

There there is that better !! 🤪
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 751 
      Reply #60: Mar 14, 2024 12:13:10 am

You have a very complex way of answering a simple equation, Jürgen Klopp is leaving at the end of the season, that journalist is Dumb for thinking/believing that because Micheal Edwards is returning, Jürgen would change his mind,
      He very clearly wasn’t and isn’t changing his mind so therefore it’s a dumb question to ask, it matters not a jot what the Journo’s mind was thinking, he obviously hasn’t a clue what goes on behind the scenes and in particular in Jürgen's private life, he and perhaps more importantly Ulla has come to the conclusion that enough is enough, and that the stresses and strain that come with the job have taken their toll on Jürgen,

…in short he has done his bit and someone else will follow….and no matter who the DoF is or head of operations or JW Henry himself will persuade him otherwise, the journo may only have been doing his job but I bet even he was reluctant to ask the question, and perhaps with hindsight wish he hadn’t !!

You’re not the only one that can be complex yanno’s !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      The journalist's question was whether Edwards had asked Klopp if he had thought to reconsider....not the journalist asking Jürgen whether Edwards arrival might influence his decision to leave.
      I've always felt it's JK's decision (together with his family) about how he wants to spend his life...it's a private matter, ultimately none of our business. I have always respected that. I added some complimentary information regarding the mental process of changing one's mind...not suggesting for a minute that that's what Jürgen should do.

Quick Reply