Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool FC Random Stats

Read 135652 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool FC Random Stats
      Reply #23: May 12, 2008 01:29:15 am
      I don't know mate. But all I'm thinking of is this. Home wins against the ones above us and then wins at home against Birmingham, Wigan and Villa. And we would have ran away with it. But we couldn't get that extra goal or two in each game that would have really counted.

So F***ing annoying isn't it.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: May 12, 2008 01:59:28 am
      I don't know mate. But all I'm thinking of is this. Home wins against the ones above us and then wins at home against Birmingham, Wigan and Villa. And we would have ran away with it. But we couldn't get that extra goal or two in each game that would have really counted.

So F***ing annoying isn't it.

I think Rafa needs a new finishing coach mate.

Obviously nothing wrong with Stevie G or Torres, but some of our players need to take every chance they get.  It's so overly frustrating and annoying.  But it's amazing how the little things are so important.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #25: May 12, 2008 02:22:44 am
      When you look back at some of the results it just makes me want to break down and cry. Look at those games mentioned above. They were all games we were in a commanding position. So close, we are so close to finally mounting that serious challenge we all crave so much.

The thing that worries me? the last 15 years it's been 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #26: May 12, 2008 03:37:26 am
      I have had this argument with Man u and Arsenal fans and have told them that they aren’t good for the English game.  Both teams have under achieved in Europe, they have simply put all their eggs in one basket sort of thing.  These were the teams that started under mine the league cup.

The mentality of both teams is to produce a brand of football to beat mediocre teams, and constantly improve that style of football.  Especially, Arsenal they play a brand of football under Arsene Wenger and play it brilliantly, they are too good for at least about 15 teams in the prem when they turn on the style. When they lose to the bottom 16 teams it’s usually at the expense of damaged woodwork, severe decision and poor performances and its hardly ever one of the points but at least two of the reasons.   They both play and try to improve this brand of football which is very rigid especially in Arsenal’s case.  In Europe it’s a different game altogether, they come face to face against teams with the best defences and coaches that have players to break this transparent type of attacking football that makes easy work of dealing with so many smaller clubs, both teams are transparent especially Arsenal..  Man utd, have in the recent past tried to use a different formation in Europe but the brand for me has been quite similar.  Only this season against Barca it was surprising to see them playing so deep something different that eventually took them to their second final in 20 years under Fergy. 

The Liverpool of the past have always respected all competitions, we gave it all in Europe, the FA cup, Milk Cup and the League.  That meant we would have a tighter league table and a team that was winning on the international stage in Europe. 

As for our future, I totally agree with JD the secret will lye in trying to take points from the top teams especially man utd.  By hook or crook we have to take at least 4 points from them.  We may need to build a successful system of our own the 4231 system maybe a good starting point and used it in most prem games.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: May 12, 2008 09:02:47 am
      Well put it this way.  We were mathematically FOUR WINS short of lifting the title.  Or three wins & one draw if you want to put it that way.  Shocking isn't it?  It wasn't much of a bad domestic season, form wise, now was it?

Technically speaking Court, but we would have won the league if we had beaten United twice! :D Sort that out and we can be in with a realistic shout! :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #28: May 12, 2008 12:56:50 pm
      Technically speaking Court, but we would have won the league if we had beaten United twice! :D Sort that out and we can be in with a realistic shout! :D

And won the League with one extra point?  ;)

That's the thing though.  We need to beat the Top 4 with every chance we get!!!  This is always why we look like we underachieve but it always baffles me because we win nearly every game!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: May 12, 2008 01:02:23 pm
      And won the League with one extra point?  ;)

That's the thing though.  We need to beat the Top 4 with every chance we get!!!  This is always why we look like we underachieve but it always baffles me because we win nearly every game!!!

That's the magic of those 6 pointer matches! :-\ If we would have won those matches against Chelsea rather than two draws then that would take them down to 83 points and us to 80 points! So the league would have been a lot closer than it's written!

It's all full of if's and but's but I seriously think that the 11 point gap is only there for the sake of about 4 goals! Another 5 or 6 and we would have lifted the title against City! :D

This massive gap and how much we need to improve is a load of my arse! We only need to secure a couple more wins rather than those horrible draws and we're there! :D Rafa must be laughing his tits off, because he knows all of this!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #30: May 12, 2008 05:52:32 pm
      sh*t, now that you have pointed that out Court it is so F***ing annoying!

So in a season when we had a load of bollocks going on behind the scenes, and the owners trying to murder each other, we actually came within about 5 goals or so of lifting the title.

So if Voronin was a 10 goal a season striker then we could have won the title, F***ing hell Voro get that hair cut!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #31: May 12, 2008 06:05:01 pm
      Never mind 4 wins.  If we hadn't have handed United a 12 point gap by losing to them twice we would have finished above them.

All what ifs.

Got to do better in those true six-pointers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: Jun 16, 2008 11:19:19 pm
      Last Seasons Champions League Top Scorers

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Jun 16, 2008 11:22:09 pm
      ^^^ that prooves kuyt does it on the big stage
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2008 11:25:03 pm
      Last Seasons Champions League Top Scorers

That's pretty impressive to have 4 players in the top 8.

:aaliverpool2xt1:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Oct 26, 2008 07:23:14 pm
      It's not necessarily how many teams you beat, but who you beat.  In recent years Liverpool have consistently failed to beat the other title challengers - all classic 6 pointers.  Liverpool will never win the title without beating the other top three sides at least three times out of the six matches. 

Effectively by losing both games against Man United we handed them the title this year.  If we had beaten them both times we would both be on 75 points and we would have a real chance to win the league this season.

And that is, statistically speaking, the entire secret of landing the 19th title.

6 points out of 6 from the potential 18 points in the 'big four' clashes. 

Onwards and upwards.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2008 03:37:58 am
      Win 3 out of 6 against them?
      We have now won 2 out of 6, one home and one away. If we can beat Chelsea and Arsenal at Anfield, that makes it 4 out of 6 and i wouldn't mind a draw at Old Trafford.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #37: Oct 27, 2008 02:04:39 pm
      I know people are going to get over excited by this but in the last 4 out of 5 seasons the team who has been top of the league on October 27 went on to win the league.

Only Arsenal in 2004-05 didn't go on to win.

But before anyone gets too excited in the first 11 years of the Premier League only twice has the league leader on Oct 27 went on to win the league. Manure both times.

Its up to us now anyway to decide which one it is!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2008 07:55:12 pm
      8 and a half years since Liverpool lost a midweek Premiership game at Anfield.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2008 07:59:05 pm
      8 and a half years since Liverpool lost a midweek Premiership game at Anfield.

Kiss of Death
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2008 07:59:24 pm
      Now that is a good record to be proud of. :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #41: Oct 30, 2008 08:06:57 pm

17 undefeated games in the Premiership.

100% record in 2008 at White Hart Lane.

Torres is super fit.

Rafa Benitez is going to be our manager for ever.

;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Dec 08, 2008 06:05:04 pm
      Won every game that Insua has started in this year.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: Dec 08, 2008 06:06:18 pm
      Lost 1 game in 2008 when Martin Skrtel has started.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #44: Dec 08, 2008 06:55:49 pm
      Lost 1 game in 2008 when Martin Skrtel has started.

WOW is that actually true
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #45: Dec 08, 2008 07:38:06 pm

I don't lie about such important facts.  Think it's 19 league games in 2008.

Quick Reply