Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Random Stats

Read 135525 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Liverpool FC Random Stats
      Reply #552: Jan 16, 2019 02:44:46 pm
      Guess you're right here. Point to note though I never really posted before he started to call others insult. Thought it was a bit harsh as people just mis understood the stats. Was not my business, but I couldn't resist to call out his bullshit.

Nevermind, I just know who to ignore now.

Fair enough - like I say not a pop just an observation.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #553: Jan 17, 2019 09:18:25 am
      Imagine how much bickering there'd be on here if we were on a losing streak!  :f_whistle:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #554: Jan 17, 2019 02:55:00 pm
      Well I was just taking the piss - apologies for the lack of smiley - time to put your pants back on and toys in the cot  :f_whistle:

Are you Rio Ferdinand in disguise?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #555: Jan 17, 2019 03:12:08 pm
      Are you Rio Ferdinand in disguise?

I hope not
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #556: Jan 17, 2019 04:40:36 pm

Hardly. I, in fact, said I was over the moon. You are capable of reading aren't you?

So did Harry Enfield's Scousers. They were comical as well. But there's was intentional.

Seems like insults are in full flow again

So says the one who uses "superfan" and "calling out bullshit" in their posts on a regular basis. Practice what you preach eh?

along with the twisting of words for "complementing players".

So pointing out that Mo has more Premier League goals than Rush is not complementing Mo. Good one.

Pointless stat will be pointless.

All stats are pointless. Pretty much like this entire post that I'm constructing or anything you've contributed to this thread. But just because they're pointless doesn't make them any less fact.

Again, I would encourage yourself to practice what you preach.

No high horse here. Maybe a crazy horse later on if I find a good pointless stat about him. (That's in reference to Emlyn Hughes if you're unsure. He used to captain Liverpool.)

I'm not defending the "stat" as such. I'm pointing out people's inability to read or comprehend the "stat". The actual "stat" doesn't need defending because the "stat" is fact. Mo Salah has scored more Premier League goals than Ian Rush for Liverpool Football Club. It's also a fact that Ian Rush has scored more goals for Liverpool Football Club than other any player, which is why I made reference to Mo's achievement in the first place because anybody who has a better goalscoring "stat" than Rushie in any shape or form deserves recognition such is Rushie's record. But god forbid we compliment our players eh?

And there we go again. I still don't see why that is considered an insult. It's something that gets banded around this forum quite a bit but I've never seen how it's meant to be insulting. I guess I'm just a better fan - or maybe it means I'm a worse fan because I praise our players. How very dare I?

But moving from this whole pathetic affair, here's another pointless stat for you all;

Alisson has played as many Liverpool games Julian Dicks, Alberto Aquilani, Robbie Keane and Mario Balotelli. What lovely company for our Brazilian keeper.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #557: Jan 17, 2019 04:55:44 pm
      After his performance againdt Wolves, Ki-Jana Hoever became our youngest ever foreign debutant.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #558: Jan 19, 2019 01:17:49 am
      Here's a stat for all you pessimists ahead of today's game;

Jürgen Klopp has managed us in 63 Premier League games at Anfield and lost just four. Half of those defeats have come at the hands of Crystal Palace - the others against Swansea and United.
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 01:22:44 am by dunlop liddell shankly »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #559: Jan 19, 2019 04:48:56 am
      Imagine how much bickering there'd be on here if we were on a losing streak!  :f_whistle:

Or if the TPM was still with us .

Ooops.

My bad.

;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #560: Jan 19, 2019 10:50:39 am

Got some belters lined up for the pessimists for our next game!

And to add to your Crystal Palace stats - we've lost 3 of our last 4 home league games against Palace.  That has to be our worst recent record against any team surely?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #561: Jan 19, 2019 11:24:25 am
      Hardly. I, in fact, said I was over the moon. You are capable of reading aren't you?

So did Harry Enfield's Scousers. They were comical as well. But there's was intentional.

So says the one who uses "superfan" and "calling out bullshit" in their posts on a regular basis. Practice what you preach eh?

So pointing out that Mo has more Premier League goals than Rush is not complementing Mo. Good one.

All stats are pointless. Pretty much like this entire post that I'm constructing or anything you've contributed to this thread. But just because they're pointless doesn't make them any less fact.

Again, I would encourage yourself to practice what you preach.

No high horse here. Maybe a crazy horse later on if I find a good pointless stat about him. (That's in reference to Emlyn Hughes if you're unsure. He used to captain Liverpool.)

I'm not defending the "stat" as such. I'm pointing out people's inability to read or comprehend the "stat". The actual "stat" doesn't need defending because the "stat" is fact. Mo Salah has scored more Premier League goals than Ian Rush for Liverpool Football Club. It's also a fact that Ian Rush has scored more goals for Liverpool Football Club than other any player, which is why I made reference to Mo's achievement in the first place because anybody who has a better goalscoring "stat" than Rushie in any shape or form deserves recognition such is Rushie's record. But god forbid we compliment our players eh?

And there we go again. I still don't see why that is considered an insult. It's something that gets banded around this forum quite a bit but I've never seen how it's meant to be insulting. I guess I'm just a better fan - or maybe it means I'm a worse fan because I praise our players. How very dare I?

But moving from this whole pathetic affair, here's another pointless stat for you all;

Alisson has played as many Liverpool games Julian Dicks, Alberto Aquilani, Robbie Keane and Mario Balotelli. What lovely company for our Brazilian keeper.

Taking it way too seriously, dude. Thought the matter was dead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #562: Jan 19, 2019 12:12:09 pm

Jürgen Klopp has managed us in 63 Premier League games at Anfield and lost just four. Half of those defeats have come at the hands of Crystal Palace - the others against Swansea and United.

It seems Billly that not everyone is appreciative of the knowledgeable facts & stats you post on these boards, the actual 'fact' is that all this information you very kindly post is educational,
       I for one appreciate your efforts and hope you continue to do so,
      I'm not a anorak by any means but stats and facts whether someone regards them as meaningless or not are part and parcel of this clubs history via the players that play or  have played since 1892.

Keep them coming buddy, you are indeed a super fan .  ;)

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #563: Jan 19, 2019 12:47:05 pm
      Got some belters lined up for the pessimists for our next game!

And to add to your Crystal Palace stats - we've lost 3 of our last 4 home league games against Palace.  That has to be our worst recent record against any team surely?

Ironically Leicester did have a run of three straight League wins at Anfield between 1997-2000. Since then they've taken one point from the last seven games at Anfield.

Just at a quick glance through a few teams, I can't find a worse recent record for us than the one against Palace.

It seems Billly that not everyone is appreciative of the knowledgeable facts & stats you post on these boards, the actual 'fact' is that all this information you very kindly post is educational,
       I for one appreciate your efforts and hope you continue to do so,
      I'm not a anorak by any means but stats and facts whether someone regards them as meaningless or not are part and parcel of this clubs history via the players that play or  have played since 1892.

Keep them coming buddy, you are indeed a super fan .  ;)

YNWA

Cheers Bill.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #564: Jan 19, 2019 09:26:59 pm
      Roberto Firmino's goal today was his 45th Premier League goal, that equals the amount Ian Rush scored in the Premier League for us. Don't say it too loud though cos people get a cob on with stats like this.

It was his 61st Liverpool goal, which is as many as Jan Molby and Chris Lawler managed for the club.

Salah's brace took his total to 63, which is level with Alan A'Court and John Aldridge. Now given people consider Aldo to be one of our greatest ever goalscorers, it's incredible that Mo has been able to score as many as him already. Aldo did it in 104 games, Mo has done it in 83.

Mane's 43rd goal for the club took him one past Peter Crouch, Bobby Graham, Frank Becton and Johnny Wark. He draws level with Jimmy Payne and the man who scored our first ever League goal, Malcolm McVean.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #565: Jan 20, 2019 07:42:20 am
      Roberto Firmino's goal today was his 45th Premier League goal, that equals the amount Ian Rush scored in the Premier League for us. Don't say it too loud though cos people get a cob on with stats like this.

It was his 61st Liverpool goal, which is as many as Jan Molby and Chris Lawler managed for the club.

Salah's brace took his total to 63, which is level with Alan A'Court and John Aldridge. Now given people consider Aldo to be one of our greatest ever goalscorers, it's incredible that Mo has been able to score as many as him already. Aldo did it in 104 games, Mo has done it in 83.

Mane's 43rd goal for the club took him one past Peter Crouch, Bobby Graham, Frank Becton and Johnny Wark. He draws level with Jimmy Payne and the man who scored our first ever League goal, Malcolm McVean.

Your slackin Billy... ;)

.....Wasn't Bobby's goal the 1000th goal we've scored in the prem, sure i read that in the Echo online ?

YNWA

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #566: Jan 20, 2019 04:43:34 pm
      Your slackin Billy... ;)

.....Wasn't Bobby's goal the 1000th goal we've scored in the prem, sure i read that in the Echo online ?

YNWA

Just tallied them all up mate and we've 1,747 goals in the Prem. It could possibly be the 1,000th Anfield goal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #567: Jan 23, 2019 04:55:33 pm
      15 games to go in the Premier League season as we approach MatchDay 24.

- Jürgen Klopp has lost the 24th game of the season in all 3 previous seasons at Liverpool
      - Liverpool have not won the 24th game of the season since 2011 (D4 L3)

LFC record under Klopp for the final 15 Premier League games of the season is remarkably consistent (but hopefully won't be this year)

2015-16 W7 D5 L3 Pts 26
      2016-17 W9 D3 L3 Pts 30
      2017-18 W8 D4 L3 Pts 28
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #568: Jan 23, 2019 06:19:02 pm
      15 games to go in the Premier League season as we approach MatchDay 24.

- Jürgen Klopp has lost the 24th game of the season in all 3 previous seasons at Liverpool
      - Liverpool have not won the 24th game of the season since 2011 (D4 L3)

we haven't won the PL in any of those seasons either, but this year both of those change. We win match 24 AND the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #569: Feb 24, 2019 11:52:58 pm
      Alisson has become the first keeper since Pepe Reina to keep 15 clean sheets in the league for us - 2009/10 season.

Pepe 35 games, 17 clean sheets
      Alisson 27 games, 15 Clean sheets.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #570: Feb 28, 2019 06:42:08 pm
      Van Dijk's second goal last night was our 281st Premier League goal under Klopp. One more than the 280 we scored under Roy Evans (sole manager) in 38 fewer games.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #571: Feb 28, 2019 07:01:47 pm
      Van Dijk's second goal last night was our 281st Premier League goal under Klopp. One more than the 280 we scored under Roy Evans (sole manager) in 38 fewer games.

Wow.

Great time to be a red.

Always is - but you know what I mean.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #572: Feb 28, 2019 07:13:42 pm
      Wow.

Great time to be a red.

Always is - but you know what I mean.

It's staggering when it's often cited that our greatest attacking team(s) in the Premier League era was under Roy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #573: Feb 28, 2019 07:16:23 pm
      It's staggering when it's often cited that our greatest attacking team(s) in the Premier League era was under Roy.

Indeed.

Combined with only conceding 15 all season.......that’s a football team.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #574: Feb 28, 2019 07:32:58 pm
      Little pattern forming for years ending in 9;

68/69 - finished second by six points.
      78/79 - LEAGUE WON BY A NORTHWEST SIDE WHO PLAY IN RED (Liverpool)
      88/89 - finished second on goal difference.
      98/99 - LEAGUE WON BY A NORTHWEST SIDE WHO PLAY IN RED (United)
      08/09 - finished second by four points.
      18/19 - LEAGUE WON BY A NORTHWEST SIDE WHO PLAY IN RED (Liverpool)
      28/29 - lash a bet on us finishing 2nd by no more than six points.

Quick Reply