Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Atalanta [Champions League] Wed 25th Nov @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D9 L4

The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread

Read 39041 times
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,094 posts | 1535 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread
      Reply #250: Aug 22, 2020 11:31:21 am
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2020 12:04:48 pm by LFCexiled »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,570 posts | 1744 
      Reply #251: Sep 16, 2020 02:39:13 pm
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,865 posts | 2435 
      Reply #252: Sep 21, 2020 09:26:24 pm
      Just heard a story about a number of leyton orient players testing positive for covid after their game against Mansfield on saturday

Apparently spurs paid for the testing prior to their cup game tomorrow which is now under threat

I was under the impression the EFL players would be being tested like the premier league players but are they not? I remember reading prior to lockdown that they were very concerned about the cost but are they not testing?

What about the mansfield players now? Who played Orient? Their next game?

This could bring the EFL into question of shutting down again without testing no?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,570 posts | 1744 
      Reply #253: Sep 21, 2020 10:24:33 pm
      Just heard a story about a number of leyton orient players testing positive for covid after their game against Mansfield on saturday

Apparently spurs paid for the testing prior to their cup game tomorrow which is now under threat

I was under the impression the EFL players would be being tested like the premier league players but are they not? I remember reading prior to lockdown that they were very concerned about the cost but are they not testing?

What about the mansfield players now? Who played Orient? Their next game?

This could bring the EFL into question of shutting down again without testing no?

When I saw a big team had paid for a lower team to get testing, I wondered if maybe it was us with Lincoln.

I also wonder if there's little incentive for these clubs to pay for testing so long as they aren't allowed to have fans attend matches. It may be that without gate revenue, they won't feel financial incentive to pay for the tests. Not saying that's the proper view, just that it might be the rationale these clubs are employing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,570 posts | 1744 
      Reply #254: Oct 15, 2020 12:36:07 am
      "Football’s deeply unequal, unsatisfactory and wobbly status quo has been reasserted, for now."

Quick Reply