Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 139759 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspursy
      Reply #1012: Aug 11, 2023 10:11:25 am
      Be interesting to see how Spurs go about spending their 100 million.

Do they throw it around the squad and try to strengthen a number of positions or just splash it out on player to replace Kane?

They should go an get Toney and Mitrovic
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1013: Aug 11, 2023 10:13:31 am
      They should go an get Toney and Mitrovic

Isn't Toney unavilable for most of this season because of the betting scandal?

It'd be the most Spurs thing to do though if they threw a huge amount of money at someone they can't play.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1014: Aug 11, 2023 10:18:14 am
      Isn't Toney unavilable for most of this season because of the betting scandal?

It'd be the most Spurs thing to do though if they threw a huge amount of money at someone they can't play.

Think he will be back by about October - he is a very good player
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1015: Aug 11, 2023 10:23:28 am
      Yes it was. Shearer was such an all round centre forward. Dont see many of them these days.

Pace, power , 2 good feet, good in the air ... played with back to goal and ran the channels. What would he be worth today.

Is correct and don't forget Kane had a lot of pens in his goal tally.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1016: Aug 11, 2023 10:25:56 am
      Think he will be back by about October - he is a very good player

Is it that early? I honestly thought he was banned until at least the new year but I could be totally wrong on that.

And I agree he's a very good player. Surprised he's still at Brentford to be honest, though I can see them wanting huge amounts for him because of how much he's worth to their success.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1017: Aug 11, 2023 10:27:02 am
      Is it that early? I honestly thought he was banned until at least the new year but I could be totally wrong on that.

And I agree he's a very good player. Surprised he's still at Brentford to be honest, though I can see them wanting huge amounts for him because of how much he's worth to their success.

Sorry you are right it’s Jan
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1018: Aug 11, 2023 12:46:30 pm
      I actually think Kane is a better player than Shearer. He might be slower but other than that, he has all the same qualities plus a playmaking ability Shearer never even dreamed of. And the Premier League is a much better competition than it was in the 90s too.

Is correct and don't forget Kane had a lot of pens in his goal tally.

;D Shearer is the record penalty scorer in the Premier League.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1019: Aug 11, 2023 12:47:37 pm
      And don't think you can replace Kane like for like anyway, it would be stupid to even try. In any case the new manager plays a system that can actually use a striker that runs in behind the defences more than one who comes for the ball deep as Kane frequently does. I think they should just move on from here and strengthen the team with the new playing style in mind. Trying to find a poor man's Kane is never going to work.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1020: Aug 11, 2023 01:57:18 pm
      I actually think Kane is a better player than Shearer. He might be slower but other than that, he has all the same qualities plus a playmaking ability Shearer never even dreamed of. And the Premier League is a much better competition than it was in the 90s too.

;D Shearer is the record penalty scorer in the Premier League.

Not surprised and I made no reference to record penalty scorers merely stated that Kane had scored a few penalties.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1021: Aug 11, 2023 02:19:20 pm
      Lukaku? :laugh:

F***ing hell that's hitting rock bottom for them.

One of the lads from work text us saying Spurs will come in for Calvert-Lewin now, which I thought was a sh*t replacement.

its Levy dont forget he wont spend all the Kane money. Rumour is Levy was delaying the flight of Kane to prevent him signing in time for the Cup tomorrow as it would have meant one game and one trophy that is pretty shitty if true but then this is Spurs.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 411 
      Reply #1022: Aug 11, 2023 02:21:42 pm
      Wonder if Bayern have asked Kane if he really wants to join them before entering into this saga 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1023: Aug 11, 2023 02:54:54 pm
      Wonder if Bayern have asked Kane if he really wants to join them before entering into this saga 

Well given how it's worked out with him having doubts - I'm not sure.

Also we got burned like that with Van Dijk, which delayed the transfer by six months. Clubs should not be talking to players until a deal between the two clubs has been agreed. I know it happens but, by the book, it shouldn't.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1024: Aug 11, 2023 03:37:59 pm
      Not surprised and I made no reference to record penalty scorers merely stated that Kane had scored a few penalties.

Yes but that was clearly as a way to knock down Kane's record, so I just thought I'd provide some context. 21.5% of Shearer's EPL goals were penalties. Kane currently stands at 15.5%. So Shearer was the one more reliant on pens.

Kane's got a better goals per game ratio as well, and in terms of playmaking and assists he's also superior.

I understand the nostalgia but for me Kane is the superior player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1025: Aug 11, 2023 03:41:30 pm
      Yes but that was clearly as a way to knock down Kane's record, so I just thought I'd provide some context. 21.5% of Shearer's EPL goals were penalties. Kane currently stands at 15.5%. So Shearer was the one more reliant on pens.

Kane's got a better goals per game ratio as well, and in terms of playmaking and assists he's also superior.

I understand the nostalgia but for me Kane is the superior player.

Don't really give a sh*t.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1026: Aug 11, 2023 03:49:06 pm

:laugh:

There's nothing like a good debate Stu
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1027: Aug 11, 2023 03:53:00 pm

😊😉
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1028: Aug 11, 2023 03:53:46 pm
      SPurs just destroyed their CL chances taking 30 goals out of th eteam just to let Richarlson get game time.
      We may not have spoken to the lad but I am sure we can talk to agents its hard to believe we put a bid in without knowing he was up for this
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1029: Aug 11, 2023 03:58:36 pm
      SPurs just destroyed their CL chances taking 30 goals out of th eteam just to let Richarlson get game time.
      We may not have spoken to the lad but I am sure we can talk to agents its hard to believe we put a bid in without knowing he was up for this

Probably but an agent isn't going to turn round and tell us his client isn't interested just in case the Chelsea deal doesn't materialise. He's going to be telling us exactly what we want to hear because he's gonna want his slice of the pie.

So if we have had contact with Caicedo's agent, he's probably said his client is interested. We've then bid. We've then offered the personal terms. The agent then sees coming to Liverpool offers the agent less than Chelsea so he hangs onto the Chelsea move still happening.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1030: Aug 11, 2023 04:02:11 pm

Oh me neither, just like to correct people when they chat sh*t
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1031: Aug 11, 2023 04:02:49 pm
      Probably but an agent isn't going to turn round and tell us his client isn't interested just in case the Chelsea deal doesn't materialise. He's going to be telling us exactly what we want to hear because he's gonna want his slice of the pie.

So if we have had contact with Caicedo's agent, he's probably said his client is interested. We've then bid. We've then offered the personal terms. The agent then sees coming to Liverpool offers the agent less than Chelsea so he hangs onto the Chelsea move still happening.

did we get to discussing personal terms ? not sure but there seems to be a link missing in all of this and its the lad himself. Sure whatever the outcome the Agent will do very nicely
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1032: Aug 11, 2023 04:07:32 pm
      did we get to discussing personal terms ? not sure but there seems to be a link missing in all of this and its the lad himself. Sure whatever the outcome the Agent will do very nicely

I'm not sure if personal terms were agreed but I would guess that once our bid was accepted we would of least discussed personal terms with him and his agent. And that's where the agent realised he was missing out on x amount for coming here instead of Chelsea.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1033: Aug 11, 2023 04:08:37 pm
      Oh me neither, just like to correct people when they chat sh*t

Can't be helped in the case of Kane and Tottenham Hotspursy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1034: Aug 12, 2023 06:39:30 pm
      I understand he's the England captain so the English media wanna make a fuss over him but this circus around Harry Kane is akin to the sh*t Beckham got when he moved to Madrid.

F***ing breaking news for everything. Harry Kane on plane. Harry Kane arrives in Germany. Harry Kane on the bench for tonight's game. Harry Kane picks his nose for the first time as a Bayern Munich player.

Quick Reply