Trending Topics

Next match: v LFC [League Cup] Tue 17th Dec @ 7:45 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 14th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W12 D4 L8

Tottenham Hotspur

Read 67031 times
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,372 posts | 855 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #775: Nov 20, 2019 07:23:38 am
      Fair play to Mourinho, probably could have waited for a Bayern or a PSG job but he's taken the tougher job.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,604 posts | 2985 
      Reply #776: Nov 20, 2019 07:46:16 am
      Going to face the Mancs & Plastics... nice
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,507 posts | 383 
      Reply #777: Nov 20, 2019 07:51:54 am
      Fair play to Mourinho, probably could have waited for a Bayern or a PSG job but he's taken the tougher job.

No he couldn't have waited, he's a busted flush, a chequebook manager, both those clubs will be after Pep.

He's taken the only job he's been offered.

He will make them less attractive and find out the league has changed and in 3 years max be off on his hols again.

Perfect time to make a bid for Son.

Mourinho once a c**t always a c**t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,607 posts | 657 
      Reply #778: Nov 20, 2019 08:27:16 am
      For a manager who has spent hundreds of millions previously, it will be interesting to see him on a shoestring, perhaps he’s been studying Klopp a bit more than we know .

The partnership doesn't really make sence when we know Mourhino likes to spend plenty of £££ whereas Levy a tight c**t in the transfer market.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,631 posts | 543 
      Reply #779: Nov 20, 2019 08:43:23 am
      12 managers in 18 years under levy
      Pretty horrendous that,would love to see what his net spend is per window in those 18 years,I’d guess it would be peanuts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,350 posts | 4002 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #780: Nov 20, 2019 08:55:58 am
      Ha brilliant, talk about a backwards step. A team that can’t spend big every year goes for a manager that relies on spending big every year. Get ready to see Spurs go from an attack minded team to a defensive one.
      TameImpala
      • Forum David Johnson

• 235 posts | 164 
      Reply #781: Nov 20, 2019 09:13:18 am
      Bit of a mad one that, all seemed to happen in a flash. I think the reasoning behind it was Levy was getting desperate - They've just built a stadium which ended up coming in a few hundred million over budget. As with Arsenal after the Emirates got built, Spurs need Champions League football on the regular and the money which comes with it to help pay off their massive loans. If the stadium hadn't been built I think Spurs would have tried a little longer to weather the storm, taken a season without CL football on the chin and attempted to rebuild bridges with Pochettino, because he is a very good coach & a much better long term option than Mourinho in my opinion.

Instead he's made a massive gamble - Seen things aren't working out with Pochettino in the short term and gone for a big change to try and revitalize their season and clinch top four. I'd be really worried about the long term right now if I was a Spurs fan. Imagine if they miss out on CL this season - 3 of their best players (Erikssen, Alderwiereld & Vertonghen) are out of contract in the summer, there's a good chance Mourinho could self-implode, meaning another large payout, add in the stadium repayments & lack of big CL money and they could really find themselves in the sh*t
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2019 09:19:40 am by TameImpala »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3267 
      Reply #782: Nov 20, 2019 09:15:52 am
      Square peg, round hole!
      This so called 'managerial wizard'  has been without employment or offers of employment for a year; when the offer does materialise albeit from a Prem outfit on their arse, Mourinho is compelled to accept as without doubt it's the best deal he's gonna get.

There is not a hope in hell the owners are going to back his buying success operations and uncharacteristically they might consequently be thankful to waste millions terminating his contract.
        Mourinho walks off into the sunset further broosted and smiling widely.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,104 posts | 1115 
      Reply #783: Nov 20, 2019 10:15:01 am
      I just hope he gets on Pep’s nerves.

Going to be a laugh watching this implode, looks like a god awful combination. Not just on transfers but also the style of football. And if Spurs do open the Chequebook, it will bring the question of why they didn’t do it for Poch.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madrid drop Zidane now to get Poch in. Hopefully the mancs continue to believe Ole is the right man for them!!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 42 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #784: Nov 20, 2019 10:41:28 am
      I just hope he gets on Pep’s nerves.

Going to be a laugh watching this implode, looks like a god awful combination. Not just on transfers but also the style of football. And if Spurs do open the Chequebook, it will bring the question of why they didn’t do it for Poch.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madrid drop Zidane now to get Poch in. Hopefully the mancs continue to believe Ole is the right man for them!!

Wouldn't be surprised for Arsenal to go for Poch
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,015 posts | 3478 
      Reply #785: Nov 20, 2019 11:20:10 am
      Mourinho worked on a budget at Porto right? We will see if he can do it again. I don’t think the game has passed him by, but I definitely will be interested to see how the players react to him. Hopefully he can take some points off of our rivals.
      TameImpala
      • Forum David Johnson

• 235 posts | 164 
      Reply #786: Nov 20, 2019 11:51:30 am
      Mourinho worked on a budget at Porto right? We will see if he can do it again. I don’t think the game has passed him by, but I definitely will be interested to see how the players react to him. Hopefully he can take some points off of our rivals.

Not forgetting that the squad he's walking into is pretty impressive too - Got some great defensive players which he could get the best out of & I think they'll suit his system a lot better than United did. Harry Kane also seems like a perfect Mourinho centre forward when you look at how the likes of Drogba & Milito played under him in previous years. Big issue for him though is the players who are out of contract in the summer (Erikssen, Alderwiereld & Vertongen) Good part of his spine could leave for zilch in a few months if he doesn't manage to nail them down to deals
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,104 posts | 1115 
      Reply #787: Nov 20, 2019 12:03:55 pm
      Not forgetting that the squad he's walking into is pretty impressive too - Got some great defensive players which he could get the best out of & I think they'll suit his system a lot better than United did. Harry Kane also seems like a perfect Mourinho centre forward when you look at how the likes of Drogba & Milito played under him in previous years. Big issue for him though is the players who are out of contract in the summer (Erikssen, Alderwiereld & Vertongen) Good part of his spine could leave for zilch in a few months if he doesn't manage to nail them down to deals

I think he is going to bin all those players off immediately who are running down their contracts. Mourinho isn’t one to have players who aren’t committed to his cause. Think Danny Rose will soon be reconsidering his plans of running his contract down.

Agree on Harry Kane. Besides all the hassle that comes with Mourinho, I do think this is the most interesting appointment we have seen in a while and it is a big opportunity for him to do something new. His precious experience is managing the high end clubs for short periods of time with massive dosh.

This will be a real test of his management skills it seems. Like I say, will be interesting to watch and I think respect for taking it on (although at 15mill a year, what is there to think about).
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,458 posts | 101 
      Reply #788: Nov 20, 2019 12:10:22 pm
      Ha brilliant, talk about a backwards step. A team that can’t spend big every year goes for a manager that relies on spending big every year. Get ready to see Spurs go from an attack minded team to a defensive one.

Boring boring Tottenham ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,908 posts | 1983 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #789: Nov 20, 2019 12:17:55 pm
      He sounds bored listening to himself these days. Here's hoping he fucks off again soon
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,798 posts | 2114 
      Reply #790: Nov 20, 2019 12:50:26 pm
      Could be a good fit a for a short time, Spurs have a decent defence and good attack, their style of play will change though, but hopefully there will be a bit of a bounce and he can do some damage to Citeh.
      TameImpala
      • Forum David Johnson

• 235 posts | 164 
      Reply #791: Nov 20, 2019 01:08:58 pm
      I think he is going to bin all those players off immediately who are running down their contracts. Mourinho isn’t one to have players who aren’t committed to his cause. Think Danny Rose will soon be reconsidering his plans of running his contract down.

Only thing is that two of those players are his centre back pairing. Admittedly they've been poor lately but on their day they're one of the best centre half duos in Europe and were certainly one of the best in the league for a few years. If he sells them both in January for a cut price he's going to have to work a miracle to restructure that defense because I can't see him getting much of a return off the sales with them both having 6 months left on their deals
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,350 posts | 4002 
      Reply #792: Nov 20, 2019 04:31:06 pm
      Lukaku and Sanchez were 25-30 goals a season players, go to United and fell apart under Jose’ management and couldn’t get away quick enough. Good luck Harry Kane :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,551 posts | 3842 
      Reply #793: Nov 20, 2019 07:06:09 pm
      The partnership doesn't really make sence when we know Mourhino likes to spend plenty of £££ whereas Levy a tight c**t in the transfer market.

Plus Levy's trying to fill the ground every game and the Spurs fans (who like their teams to play football) have got used to Poch's style of play, are now going to have to get used to the bus parking style of Jose.

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,077 posts | 1077 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #794: Nov 20, 2019 07:10:09 pm
      mourinho

What a C**t.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,551 posts | 3842 
      Reply #795: Nov 20, 2019 07:14:47 pm

And being Chelsea's most successful manager, I bet they're gonna f**king love him even more managing Spurs!! :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,350 posts | 4002 
      Reply #796: Nov 20, 2019 07:44:50 pm
      And being Chelsea's most successful manager, I bet they're gonna f**king love him even more managing Spurs!! :laugh:

Especially seeing as he said he would never manage Spurs due to his loyalty to Chelsea.

At least we know who the first name on the team sheet will be - Dier.

Cheeky bid for Son in the winter, can’t see him being happy there long, complete opposite type of player to what Jose wants.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,551 posts | 3842 
      Reply #797: Nov 20, 2019 07:48:15 pm
      Piers Morgan being a mouthy pr**k again on SSN wanting another Arsenal manager sacked and wants Poch as new boss of the Gunners.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,083 posts | 5339 
      • YNWA
      Reply #798: Nov 20, 2019 08:32:40 pm
      Piers Morgan being a mouthy pr**k again on SSN wanting another Arsenal manager sacked and wants Poch as new boss of the Gunners.

Got what he wanted when Wenger got sacked. Now he's stuck with that greasy haired fool of a manager they have now.

C**t should be careful what he wishes for.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 843 posts | 58 
      Reply #799: Nov 20, 2019 08:37:05 pm

i'm sure levy got his list of defenders that he wants to come in as they know they not going to change Alderwiereld & Vertongen minds.

Quick Reply