Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137367 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #598: Sep 01, 2015 09:29:47 pm
      Football writer Henry Winter on BBC Radio 5 live: "I've interviewed Saido Berahino a couple of times and he's a fascinating character. This is a kid who comes from Burundi, a country that was ripped apart by civil war. He lost his father, and he's still not talked much in public about that.

"This is not a kid who's been manipulated by an agent. He's moved away from Aidy Ward, who he was closely involved with before. He is a willful, intelligent kid, who has seen a lot of the world - certainly far more than I have."

"He had to leave his country as a refugee. He came over here, and went into a holding centre in south London and waited for two months to be reunited with his mother and his sister. Berahino has been searching for a father figure, and Tony Pulis has been good for him as a person.

"He will get the ritual character assassination that a player gets when they put tweets out like that. It was a very ill-advised tweet. But I think Berahino should direct some of his anger at Daniel Levy and Tottenham Hotspur. If you want a player that much, you pay the proper money for him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/33590187

Henry Winter right on the money there and not for the first time. He is wise to The cu*ts and the way they always try to buy on the cheap - in a disrespectful, timewasting way. cu*ts.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #599: Sep 01, 2015 09:49:03 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxUe2Iw_88

:lmao:  :lmao:

He's right though. They are run by a tight-arse who would bargain even for a pack of mentos.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #600: Sep 02, 2015 01:30:36 am

He's right though. They are run by a tight-arse who would bargain even for a pack of mentos.

:lmao:

That's a proper rant!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #601: Sep 02, 2015 02:23:39 am

He almost hates Levy as much as you hate Spurs :lmao:

That is one hell of a rant though, fair play to the fella I think he carries the sentiment of a lot of football fans towards the money grabbing owners of today. I wonder where it will head, have done for a while, the detachment of the average fan from the game is widening and without the bums on seats believing they're actually getting what they paid for it will collapse. It could be 200 years from now but it'll happen.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #602: Sep 02, 2015 10:46:08 am
      He almost hates Levy as much as you hate Spurs :lmao:

That is one hell of a rant though, fair play to the fella I think he carries the sentiment of a lot of football fans towards the money grabbing owners of today. I wonder where it will head, have done for a while, the detachment of the average fan from the game is widening and without the bums on seats believing they're actually getting what they paid for it will collapse. It could be 200 years from now but it'll happen.

:lmao:

Seriously though, you are right in what you say. It has become a fragmented relationship between club and supporter which is only going to get worse.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #603: Sep 02, 2015 11:00:43 am
      It's amazing that Eriksen and Lloris have stuck around with them.  They could easily be at big clubs.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #604: Sep 02, 2015 02:23:24 pm
      It's amazing that Eriksen and Lloris have stuck around with them.  They could easily be at big clubs.

Could be? They should be! Great players those two. I'd take them both here in a heartbeat.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #605: Sep 02, 2015 03:14:17 pm

Loved it how he gets into the song during the end :laugh:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #606: Sep 02, 2015 05:07:06 pm

Right GeorgeRed, since watching this vid, I've went on a youtube bender of footy vids (since this morning), don't know whether to thank you or what haha.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #607: Sep 17, 2015 08:39:02 pm
      Heung-min Son has already got 2 goals. Gutted he signed for Spurs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #608: Sep 17, 2015 08:41:09 pm
      Heung-min Son has already got 2 goals. Gutted he signed for Spurs.

Rather wait until they play a half decent team before pining over him too much like
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #609: Sep 17, 2015 08:47:47 pm
      Rather wait until they play a half decent team before pining over him too much like

Fair point. He was great at Leverkusen, though, so I've seen enough of him in a top league.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #610: Sep 18, 2015 09:25:47 am
      Must be awful to be a Spurs supporter.  They seem to be stuck in mediocrity even more than we are.  Perpetually finishing between 5th and 7th.  Good players like Eriksen/Lloris etc but nothing substantial to show for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #611: Sep 18, 2015 12:40:55 pm
      Fair point. He was great at Leverkusen, though, so I've seen enough of him in a top league.

I like him as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #612: Sep 18, 2015 12:41:25 pm
      Must be awful to be a Spurs supporter.  They seem to be stuck in mediocrity even more than we are.  Perpetually finishing between 5th and 7th.  Good players like Eriksen/Lloris etc but nothing substantial to show for it.

Better football to watch maybe?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #613: Sep 18, 2015 06:35:32 pm

How I'd kill to have a few of the Spurs players in our team.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #614: Sep 18, 2015 11:14:59 pm
      How I'd kill to have a few of the Spurs players in our team.

which ones? 

the only ones I'd take would be Lloris and Eriksen.  Dembele on his day is a beast but is way too inconsistent.  Kane is overrated.  Lamela struggles in the league.  Chadli is okay.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #615: Sep 19, 2015 12:10:38 am
      which ones? 

the only ones I'd take would be Lloris and Eriksen.  Dembele on his day is a beast but is way too inconsistent.  Kane is overrated.  Lamela struggles in the league.  Chadli is okay.

Son.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #616: Sep 19, 2015 01:20:22 am
      which ones? 

Kane might be overrated but I think he's actually pretty good - not just a good goalscorer, the lad can play. Has struggled for goals so far though, it is always harder to maintain high standards but I think at some point he'll start banging them in again.

What about Vertonghen?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #617: Sep 19, 2015 03:38:34 am
      Kane might be overrated but I think he's actually pretty good - not just a good goalscorer, the lad can play. Has struggled for goals so far though, it is always harder to maintain high standards but I think at some point he'll start banging them in again.

What about Vertonghen?

I think there's an intelligence to Kane's play that really maximises his goalscoring ability. His goal against Switzerland over a week ago showed that. We shouldn't overhype the guy but I think he's definitely a worthy player fit for any squad at the top of the league. Would also take Vertonghen. Anything over those clowns Skrtel and Lovren would be ideal.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #618: Sep 19, 2015 03:32:03 pm
      which ones? 

Eriksen, Lloris, Son and Vertonghen for me. I'd take a punt on Dier too. Think there's a player in him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #619: Sep 19, 2015 11:03:14 pm
      Eriksen, Lloris, Son and Vertonghen for me. I'd take a punt on Dier too. Think there's a player in him.

Don't really know what Son is like but the other 3 for sure IMO.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #620: Jul 22, 2018 12:22:50 pm

Quick Reply