Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137352 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #713: Apr 20, 2019 02:52:17 pm
      "Hell yeah"  ;D  It's down to the board who they think is a world class manager. Sadly I think they got this one very much wrong. Let's hope I'm eating humble pie over the next year or two and Ole proves he's got what it takes.  :couch:

Let's face it Keith, your record backing managers hasn't been great for a while.

Then again, Ferguson pretty much forcing through the appointment of Moyes on the basis of them both being Scottish gave me a great laugh.
      You'd have been better off with Chris Moyles ffs
      How quickly that smug look fell off his face was a joy to watch.
      You should definitely get Steve McClaren, he'll communicate well with the Dutch players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #714: Apr 20, 2019 03:00:43 pm
      "Hell yeah"  ;D  It's down to the board who they think is a world class manager. Sadly I think they got this one very much wrong. Let's hope I'm eating humble pie over the next year or two and Ole proves he's got what it takes.  :couch:

It will not end well for Ole.

He is not the second coming of Fergie as most of your deluded lot seem to believe.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #715: Apr 20, 2019 03:25:36 pm
      It will not end well for Ole.

He is not the second coming of Fergie as most of your deluded lot seem to believe.

Well I have to be postive from your post as not being one of the deluded ones.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #716: Apr 20, 2019 04:01:17 pm
      Well I have to be postive from your post as not being one of the deluded ones.  ;D

BTW Why are we discussing Man Utd on a Spurs thread???
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #717: Apr 20, 2019 04:13:52 pm
      BTW Why are we discussing Man Utd on a Spurs thread???

Like any thread they do diverse sometimes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #718: Apr 20, 2019 04:15:51 pm
      Like any thread they do diverse sometimes.

Yeah but I want to get back to slagging Spurs off for being spineless and giving less than 100% effort to win today, your lot had better be way more motivated on Wednesday!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #719: Apr 20, 2019 05:06:12 pm
      Yeah but I want to get back to slagging Spurs off for being spineless and giving less than 100% effort to win today, your lot had better be way more motivated on Wednesday!

See!! Your last sentence diverted back to the mancs.  ;D Dreading Wednesday  :couch:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #720: Apr 21, 2019 01:51:13 pm
      See!! Your last sentence diverted back to the mancs.  ;D Dreading Wednesday  :couch:
      Yeah, if United lose you're in trouble Keith.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #721: Apr 21, 2019 11:23:22 pm
      Useless cu*ts, how they let that soft arse goal in against the Manc sh*te is beyond me.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #722: Apr 27, 2019 02:38:32 pm
      12th defeat of the season shouldn’t be anywhere near third place crazy that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #723: Apr 27, 2019 02:40:44 pm
      12th defeat of the season shouldn’t be anywhere near third place crazy that.

Just goes to show the gulf between the top 2 and the rest, City and us are light years ahead at the moment, kind of like how Barca and Real Madrid used to be in Spain or Bayern and BVB in Germany
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #724: Apr 27, 2019 02:45:56 pm
      Think they are definitely hyped up to be better than they are, 12 defeats is shocking. To think they were tipped for being in the title race all the way at one point, now they are 21(?) points behind us.

Would like to see them miss out on top 4, make that nice new stadium slightly harder to pay for. Good to see their first defeat there comes from West Ham.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #725: Apr 27, 2019 02:47:21 pm
      Think they are definitely hyped up to be better than they are, 12 defeats is shocking. To think they were tipped for being in the title race all the way at one point, now they are 21(?) points behind us.

Would like to see them miss out on top 4, make that nice new stadium slightly harder to pay for. Good to see their first defeat there comes from West Ham.

Very happy mate
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #726: Apr 27, 2019 03:03:15 pm
      I genuinely believe Ajax will knock them out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #727: Apr 27, 2019 03:10:08 pm
      Remind me of us under Rafa 04/05... troubled league campaign but go on to win Big ears..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #728: Apr 27, 2019 03:25:14 pm
      Remind me of us under Rafa 04/05... troubled league campaign but go on to win Big ears..

They can definitely win the CL but their league form is harder to comprehend than ours in 2004/05 because it is a much much better team and one that, giving their rise in stature these past 4 years, you would have thought could have been in the discussion for the title along with us.

Didn't see the match but are they out of gas? They are quite an intense side.

By contrast, I think Liverpool are the most energy conserving side in the top 6 such is our fairly drastic change in style this season. We are a far cry from the exhausting gegenpressen of Klopp's first couple of years with us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #729: May 01, 2019 10:59:23 am
      Got that fancy new stadium, incredible atmosphere, going to be a fortress etc. They’ve been there for a month, played about 4/5 games and already lost the same number of home games as we’ve managed in over 2 years. Ours came in the League Cup and FA Cup. They’ve managed it in the League to a local rival and in Europe.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #730: May 01, 2019 02:02:56 pm
      Got that fancy new stadium, incredible atmosphere, going to be a fortress etc. They’ve been there for a month, played about 4/5 games and already lost the same number of home games as we’ve managed in over 2 years. Ours came in the League Cup and FA Cup. They’ve managed it in the League to a local rival and in Europe.

IN fairness to them they are without a recognisable attack, but ts still a valid point.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #731: May 01, 2019 03:12:01 pm
      IN fairness to them they are without a recognisable attack, but ts still a valid point.

Every team has their injury problems mate, in the time frame I mentioned we’ve had a massive amount of injuries to our defence.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #732: Jun 26, 2019 08:21:01 pm
      Got to say, Ndombele is an absolute monster of a midfielder! What a buy from Spurs.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #733: Jul 02, 2019 06:15:32 pm
      Got to say, Ndombele is an absolute monster of a midfielder! What a buy from Spurs.
      Great signing.

They get another couple of good signings in then they could be in the conversation next season. Similarities to our 17/18 season; finishing 4th, CL final, breaking transfer records.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #734: Jul 02, 2019 08:40:20 pm
      He’s a good signing but why do I get the feeling they are going to be worse off for it? I didn’t think they had much to spend because of the amount of money put in and owed on the stadium, so is this an indication the talk of Eriksen leaving is actually going to be the case? Which if it is, I’d rather have Eriksen than Ndombele because they are going to lose so much creativity and then have Sissoko, Wanyama, Ndombele who are all very similar IMO (obviously different levels of quality but similar styles) maybe include Dier in that too. Other than an inconsistent Dele, the reliance on Kane and whoever plays out of Son and Moura has just increased.

Don’t get me wrong, cracking player to sign but if it leads to the departure of Eriksen, I think they’ve made a big mistake.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #735: Jul 02, 2019 10:23:11 pm
      Great signing.

They get another couple of good signings in then they could be in the conversation next season. Similarities to our 17/18 season; finishing 4th, CL final, breaking transfer records.

I think Eriksen will stay if they get another big signing. As you said, a couple more signings and they will have a squad and first eleven to compete for the title, but the question is, did they blow all their budget on Ndombele?!

Quick Reply