Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 19th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P28 W11 D10 L7

Tottenham Hotspur

Read 59965 times
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #725: Apr 27, 2019 02:47:21 pm
      Think they are definitely hyped up to be better than they are, 12 defeats is shocking. To think they were tipped for being in the title race all the way at one point, now they are 21(?) points behind us.

Would like to see them miss out on top 4, make that nice new stadium slightly harder to pay for. Good to see their first defeat there comes from West Ham.

Very happy mate
      Dadorious

• 8,934 posts | 1081 
      Reply #726: Apr 27, 2019 03:03:15 pm
      I genuinely believe Ajax will knock them out.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,269 posts | 2876 
      Reply #727: Apr 27, 2019 03:10:08 pm
      Remind me of us under Rafa 04/05... troubled league campaign but go on to win Big ears..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,853 posts | 5161 
      • YNWA
      Reply #728: Apr 27, 2019 03:25:14 pm
      Remind me of us under Rafa 04/05... troubled league campaign but go on to win Big ears..

They can definitely win the CL but their league form is harder to comprehend than ours in 2004/05 because it is a much much better team and one that, giving their rise in stature these past 4 years, you would have thought could have been in the discussion for the title along with us.

Didn't see the match but are they out of gas? They are quite an intense side.

By contrast, I think Liverpool are the most energy conserving side in the top 6 such is our fairly drastic change in style this season. We are a far cry from the exhausting gegenpressen of Klopp's first couple of years with us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,072 posts | 3903 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #729: May 01, 2019 10:59:23 am
      Got that fancy new stadium, incredible atmosphere, going to be a fortress etc. They’ve been there for a month, played about 4/5 games and already lost the same number of home games as we’ve managed in over 2 years. Ours came in the League Cup and FA Cup. They’ve managed it in the League to a local rival and in Europe.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,416 posts | 2052 
      Reply #730: May 01, 2019 02:02:56 pm
      Got that fancy new stadium, incredible atmosphere, going to be a fortress etc. They’ve been there for a month, played about 4/5 games and already lost the same number of home games as we’ve managed in over 2 years. Ours came in the League Cup and FA Cup. They’ve managed it in the League to a local rival and in Europe.

IN fairness to them they are without a recognisable attack, but ts still a valid point.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,072 posts | 3903 
      Reply #731: May 01, 2019 03:12:01 pm
      IN fairness to them they are without a recognisable attack, but ts still a valid point.

Every team has their injury problems mate, in the time frame I mentioned we’ve had a massive amount of injuries to our defence.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Reply #732: Jun 26, 2019 08:21:01 pm
      Got to say, Ndombele is an absolute monster of a midfielder! What a buy from Spurs.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,512 posts | 452 
      Reply #733: Jul 02, 2019 06:15:32 pm
      Got to say, Ndombele is an absolute monster of a midfielder! What a buy from Spurs.
      Great signing.

They get another couple of good signings in then they could be in the conversation next season. Similarities to our 17/18 season; finishing 4th, CL final, breaking transfer records.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,072 posts | 3903 
      Reply #734: Jul 02, 2019 08:40:20 pm
      He’s a good signing but why do I get the feeling they are going to be worse off for it? I didn’t think they had much to spend because of the amount of money put in and owed on the stadium, so is this an indication the talk of Eriksen leaving is actually going to be the case? Which if it is, I’d rather have Eriksen than Ndombele because they are going to lose so much creativity and then have Sissoko, Wanyama, Ndombele who are all very similar IMO (obviously different levels of quality but similar styles) maybe include Dier in that too. Other than an inconsistent Dele, the reliance on Kane and whoever plays out of Son and Moura has just increased.

Don’t get me wrong, cracking player to sign but if it leads to the departure of Eriksen, I think they’ve made a big mistake.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Reply #735: Jul 02, 2019 10:23:11 pm
      Great signing.

They get another couple of good signings in then they could be in the conversation next season. Similarities to our 17/18 season; finishing 4th, CL final, breaking transfer records.

I think Eriksen will stay if they get another big signing. As you said, a couple more signings and they will have a squad and first eleven to compete for the title, but the question is, did they blow all their budget on Ndombele?!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #736: Jul 17, 2019 02:15:23 am
      I think Eriksen will stay if they get another big signing. As you said, a couple more signings and they will have a squad and first eleven to compete for the title, but the question is, did they blow all their budget on Ndombele?!

Were you surprised by this?
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/16/tottenhams-kieran-trippier-set-for-atletico-madrid-after-20m-fee-agreed

Didn't think he would be that coveted, or that Spurs would be selling a first team player.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,066 posts | 466 
      Reply #737: Jul 18, 2019 04:34:09 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #738: Aug 10, 2019 03:58:50 pm
      That stadium!!
      Dadorious

• 8,934 posts | 1081 
      Reply #739: Aug 10, 2019 11:58:46 pm
      Jammy fucks!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,072 posts | 3903 
      Reply #740: Aug 11, 2019 12:38:34 am
      I maybe wrong, but I can see these finishing 20+ points behind again. Some of their team is complete sh*te. Sissoko and Rose are two of the biggest donkeys going this season, the former some how putting a shot out for a throw from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat!...how is that even possible?!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,309 posts | 81 
      Reply #741: Aug 11, 2019 11:31:42 am
      I maybe wrong, but I can see these finishing 20+ points behind again. Some of their team is complete sh*te. Sissoko and Rose are two of the biggest donkeys going this season, the former some how putting a shot out for a throw from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat!...how is that even possible?!

Both got careers on Blackpool beach tied up, watching motd I had to ;D at that sissoko effort.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,416 posts | 2052 
      Reply #742: Aug 11, 2019 05:24:29 pm
      I think Spurs will be better than last season but still not at our or city's level, comfortable 3rd and I reckon they'll win a cup this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,853 posts | 5161 
      • YNWA
      Reply #743: Sep 02, 2019 12:43:54 pm
      They've not had the best start to the season have they? For a team that reached the CL Final back in June you'd have thought they'd have spent the summer unified and keen to progress even more. And yet they seem to have been anything but. They'll still come good this season and I would half expect them to finally win a trophy (one which I think they fully merit) but as to whether they've closed the gap on City and us? That's highly questionable after recent weeks. Still early on in the season of course and I wouldn't put it past Spurs to put on a strong run but they'll have to buck a trend where they've not had the best 2019 when it comes to league matches.

And yet...two years ago we were utterly thrashed by this lot in the league. It was a galling afternoon what with the same miserable displays we'd become accustomed to by our defence (Lovren in particular) and Mignolet in goal. That was really grim and I felt that Klopp's reign just wasn't being given the support it so deserved. We seemed miles behind Spurs let alone City. But things did pick up for us from that day on and fairly rapidly. Coutinho was sold but what a blessing in disguise that was when we finally secured VVD and Alisson and Fabinho came a few months after that.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,416 posts | 2052 
      Reply #744: Sep 02, 2019 02:21:47 pm
      They've not had the best start to the season have they? For a team that reached the CL Final back in June you'd have thought they'd have spent the summer unified and keen to progress even more. And yet they seem to have been anything but. They'll still come good this season and I would half expect them to finally win a trophy (one which I think they fully merit) but as to whether they've closed the gap on City and us? That's highly questionable after recent weeks. Still early on in the season of course and I wouldn't put it past Spurs to put on a strong run but they'll have to buck a trend where they've not had the best 2019 when it comes to league matches.

And yet...two years ago we were utterly thrashed by this lot in the league. It was a galling afternoon what with the same miserable displays we'd become accustomed to by our defence (Lovren in particular) and Mignolet in goal. That was really grim and I felt that Klopp's reign just wasn't being given the support it so deserved. We seemed miles behind Spurs let alone City. But things did pick up for us from that day on and fairly rapidly. Coutinho was sold but what a blessing in disguise that was when we finally secured VVD and Alisson and Fabinho came a few months after that.

I agree, there is something not quite right with Spurs at the moment, they should be a lot better than they are playing, I'm not complaining though.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 405 posts | 29 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #745: Sep 02, 2019 03:08:49 pm
      Isn't there talk of internal unrest at the club? That won't help and feels to me that Poch will leave as soon as a better offer than the scum come calling.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,072 posts | 3903 
      Reply #746: Sep 02, 2019 05:08:21 pm
      I agree, there is something not quite right with Spurs at the moment, they should be a lot better than they are playing, I'm not complaining though.

Probably didn’t help that before the CL final Poch was talking about walking away after that match.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 94 
      Reply #747: Oct 01, 2019 10:17:35 pm
      7 goals let in at home . Whooooops ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,784 posts | 3370 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #748: Oct 02, 2019 02:44:44 am
      Just seen this on FB. Have no idea if true but........I shamelessly can't stop laughing.

andylfcynwa

• 7,643 posts | 850 
      Reply #749: Oct 02, 2019 07:05:06 am
      Just seen this on FB. Have no idea if true but........I shamelessly can't stop laughing.

There a lot more to it than that got sent the worts app with it all on , no idea if genuine , but would explain their recent form

Quick Reply