Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137387 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #736: Jul 17, 2019 02:15:23 am
      I think Eriksen will stay if they get another big signing. As you said, a couple more signings and they will have a squad and first eleven to compete for the title, but the question is, did they blow all their budget on Ndombele?!

Were you surprised by this?
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/16/tottenhams-kieran-trippier-set-for-atletico-madrid-after-20m-fee-agreed

Didn't think he would be that coveted, or that Spurs would be selling a first team player.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #737: Jul 18, 2019 04:34:09 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #738: Aug 10, 2019 03:58:50 pm
      That stadium!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #739: Aug 10, 2019 11:58:46 pm
      Jammy fucks!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #740: Aug 11, 2019 12:38:34 am
      I maybe wrong, but I can see these finishing 20+ points behind again. Some of their team is complete sh*te. Sissoko and Rose are two of the biggest donkeys going this season, the former some how putting a shot out for a throw from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat!...how is that even possible?!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #741: Aug 11, 2019 11:31:42 am
      I maybe wrong, but I can see these finishing 20+ points behind again. Some of their team is complete sh*te. Sissoko and Rose are two of the biggest donkeys going this season, the former some how putting a shot out for a throw from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat!...how is that even possible?!

Both got careers on Blackpool beach tied up, watching motd I had to ;D at that sissoko effort.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #742: Aug 11, 2019 05:24:29 pm
      I think Spurs will be better than last season but still not at our or city's level, comfortable 3rd and I reckon they'll win a cup this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #743: Sep 02, 2019 12:43:54 pm
      They've not had the best start to the season have they? For a team that reached the CL Final back in June you'd have thought they'd have spent the summer unified and keen to progress even more. And yet they seem to have been anything but. They'll still come good this season and I would half expect them to finally win a trophy (one which I think they fully merit) but as to whether they've closed the gap on City and us? That's highly questionable after recent weeks. Still early on in the season of course and I wouldn't put it past Spurs to put on a strong run but they'll have to buck a trend where they've not had the best 2019 when it comes to league matches.

And yet...two years ago we were utterly thrashed by this lot in the league. It was a galling afternoon what with the same miserable displays we'd become accustomed to by our defence (Lovren in particular) and Mignolet in goal. That was really grim and I felt that Klopp's reign just wasn't being given the support it so deserved. We seemed miles behind Spurs let alone City. But things did pick up for us from that day on and fairly rapidly. Coutinho was sold but what a blessing in disguise that was when we finally secured VVD and Alisson and Fabinho came a few months after that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #744: Sep 02, 2019 02:21:47 pm
      They've not had the best start to the season have they? For a team that reached the CL Final back in June you'd have thought they'd have spent the summer unified and keen to progress even more. And yet they seem to have been anything but. They'll still come good this season and I would half expect them to finally win a trophy (one which I think they fully merit) but as to whether they've closed the gap on City and us? That's highly questionable after recent weeks. Still early on in the season of course and I wouldn't put it past Spurs to put on a strong run but they'll have to buck a trend where they've not had the best 2019 when it comes to league matches.

And yet...two years ago we were utterly thrashed by this lot in the league. It was a galling afternoon what with the same miserable displays we'd become accustomed to by our defence (Lovren in particular) and Mignolet in goal. That was really grim and I felt that Klopp's reign just wasn't being given the support it so deserved. We seemed miles behind Spurs let alone City. But things did pick up for us from that day on and fairly rapidly. Coutinho was sold but what a blessing in disguise that was when we finally secured VVD and Alisson and Fabinho came a few months after that.

I agree, there is something not quite right with Spurs at the moment, they should be a lot better than they are playing, I'm not complaining though.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #745: Sep 02, 2019 03:08:49 pm
      Isn't there talk of internal unrest at the club? That won't help and feels to me that Poch will leave as soon as a better offer than the scum come calling.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #746: Sep 02, 2019 05:08:21 pm
      I agree, there is something not quite right with Spurs at the moment, they should be a lot better than they are playing, I'm not complaining though.

Probably didn’t help that before the CL final Poch was talking about walking away after that match.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #747: Oct 01, 2019 10:17:35 pm
      7 goals let in at home . Whooooops ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #748: Oct 02, 2019 02:44:44 am
      Just seen this on FB. Have no idea if true but........I shamelessly can't stop laughing.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #749: Oct 02, 2019 07:05:06 am
      Just seen this on FB. Have no idea if true but........I shamelessly can't stop laughing.

There a lot more to it than that got sent the worts app with it all on , no idea if genuine , but would explain their recent form
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #750: Oct 02, 2019 07:46:15 am
      Poch is a dead man walking, flashed his knickers to Madrid & United, continues to do so.. all noted by Levy...

Allegri to take charge..

My opinion only...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #751: Oct 02, 2019 07:55:24 am
      Poch is a dead man walking, flashed his knickers to Madrid & United, continues to do so.. all noted by Levy...

Allegri to take charge..

My opinion only...

I thought it was Eriksens wife that had been flashing her knickers,I think you could be right about Poch.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #752: Oct 02, 2019 09:42:23 am
      I thought it was Eriksens wife that had been flashing her knickers,I think you could be right about Poch.

Jan Vertonghen though, he's even uglier than Eriksen!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #753: Oct 03, 2019 06:42:03 am
      No idea if that story is true , but it would explain a lot , if that’s gone on the manager could have arrested the problem by outing the rotten apple , leaving it there is destroying that dressing room , epic failure of management
      If true .
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #754: Oct 03, 2019 11:02:35 am
      Small club that think they're better than they actually are. Just finding their level after a little overachieving.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #755: Oct 03, 2019 03:28:37 pm
      Two life long friends who I grew up with, have followed Spurs since they where in school, have stuck by them ! We are all in our sixties now, whilst they have tried to play some decent football at times, the wheels seem to be finally falling off.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #756: Oct 03, 2019 03:33:52 pm
      Two life long friends who I grew up with, have followed Spurs since they where in school, have stuck by them ! We are all in our sixties now, whilst they have tried to play some decent football at times, the wheels seem to be finally falling off.

I'd say they play a lot more than just "decent" football. There's some really good talent there and some of the stuff they play is beautiful to watch, but wheels are definitely falling off.

I do not see Poch staying much longer and despite his good qualities, finishing his Spurs career without a trophy should be considered a major disappointment.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #757: Oct 06, 2019 07:27:50 pm
      What's going on there
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #758: Oct 06, 2019 08:46:18 pm

A car crash of epic proportions.

Sit back, enjoy and just be grateful we are where we are right now. It's been a while since we could be unbearable cocky tw*ts.

So let's just enjoy it ;)

Quick Reply