Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137489 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #782: Nov 20, 2019 09:15:52 am
      Square peg, round hole!
      This so called 'managerial wizard'  has been without employment or offers of employment for a year; when the offer does materialise albeit from a Prem outfit on their arse, Mourinho is compelled to accept as without doubt it's the best deal he's gonna get.

There is not a hope in hell the owners are going to back his buying success operations and uncharacteristically they might consequently be thankful to waste millions terminating his contract.
        Mourinho walks off into the sunset further broosted and smiling widely.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #783: Nov 20, 2019 10:15:01 am
      I just hope he gets on Pep’s nerves.

Going to be a laugh watching this implode, looks like a god awful combination. Not just on transfers but also the style of football. And if Spurs do open the Chequebook, it will bring the question of why they didn’t do it for Poch.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madrid drop Zidane now to get Poch in. Hopefully the mancs continue to believe Ole is the right man for them!!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #784: Nov 20, 2019 10:41:28 am
      I just hope he gets on Pep’s nerves.

Going to be a laugh watching this implode, looks like a god awful combination. Not just on transfers but also the style of football. And if Spurs do open the Chequebook, it will bring the question of why they didn’t do it for Poch.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Madrid drop Zidane now to get Poch in. Hopefully the mancs continue to believe Ole is the right man for them!!

Wouldn't be surprised for Arsenal to go for Poch
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #785: Nov 20, 2019 11:20:10 am
      Mourinho worked on a budget at Porto right? We will see if he can do it again. I don’t think the game has passed him by, but I definitely will be interested to see how the players react to him. Hopefully he can take some points off of our rivals.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #786: Nov 20, 2019 11:51:30 am
      Mourinho worked on a budget at Porto right? We will see if he can do it again. I don’t think the game has passed him by, but I definitely will be interested to see how the players react to him. Hopefully he can take some points off of our rivals.

Not forgetting that the squad he's walking into is pretty impressive too - Got some great defensive players which he could get the best out of & I think they'll suit his system a lot better than United did. Harry Kane also seems like a perfect Mourinho centre forward when you look at how the likes of Drogba & Milito played under him in previous years. Big issue for him though is the players who are out of contract in the summer (Erikssen, Alderwiereld & Vertongen) Good part of his spine could leave for zilch in a few months if he doesn't manage to nail them down to deals
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #787: Nov 20, 2019 12:03:55 pm
      Not forgetting that the squad he's walking into is pretty impressive too - Got some great defensive players which he could get the best out of & I think they'll suit his system a lot better than United did. Harry Kane also seems like a perfect Mourinho centre forward when you look at how the likes of Drogba & Milito played under him in previous years. Big issue for him though is the players who are out of contract in the summer (Erikssen, Alderwiereld & Vertongen) Good part of his spine could leave for zilch in a few months if he doesn't manage to nail them down to deals

I think he is going to bin all those players off immediately who are running down their contracts. Mourinho isn’t one to have players who aren’t committed to his cause. Think Danny Rose will soon be reconsidering his plans of running his contract down.

Agree on Harry Kane. Besides all the hassle that comes with Mourinho, I do think this is the most interesting appointment we have seen in a while and it is a big opportunity for him to do something new. His precious experience is managing the high end clubs for short periods of time with massive dosh.

This will be a real test of his management skills it seems. Like I say, will be interesting to watch and I think respect for taking it on (although at 15mill a year, what is there to think about).
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #788: Nov 20, 2019 12:10:22 pm
      Ha brilliant, talk about a backwards step. A team that can’t spend big every year goes for a manager that relies on spending big every year. Get ready to see Spurs go from an attack minded team to a defensive one.

Boring boring Tottenham ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #789: Nov 20, 2019 12:17:55 pm
      He sounds bored listening to himself these days. Here's hoping he fucks off again soon
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #790: Nov 20, 2019 12:50:26 pm
      Could be a good fit a for a short time, Spurs have a decent defence and good attack, their style of play will change though, but hopefully there will be a bit of a bounce and he can do some damage to Citeh.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #791: Nov 20, 2019 01:08:58 pm
      I think he is going to bin all those players off immediately who are running down their contracts. Mourinho isn’t one to have players who aren’t committed to his cause. Think Danny Rose will soon be reconsidering his plans of running his contract down.

Only thing is that two of those players are his centre back pairing. Admittedly they've been poor lately but on their day they're one of the best centre half duos in Europe and were certainly one of the best in the league for a few years. If he sells them both in January for a cut price he's going to have to work a miracle to restructure that defense because I can't see him getting much of a return off the sales with them both having 6 months left on their deals
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #792: Nov 20, 2019 04:31:06 pm
      Lukaku and Sanchez were 25-30 goals a season players, go to United and fell apart under Jose’ management and couldn’t get away quick enough. Good luck Harry Kane :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #793: Nov 20, 2019 07:06:09 pm
      The partnership doesn't really make sence when we know Mourhino likes to spend plenty of £££ whereas Levy a tight c**t in the transfer market.

Plus Levy's trying to fill the ground every game and the Spurs fans (who like their teams to play football) have got used to Poch's style of play, are now going to have to get used to the bus parking style of Jose.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #794: Nov 20, 2019 07:14:47 pm

And being Chelsea's most successful manager, I bet they're gonna F***ing love him even more managing Spurs!! :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #795: Nov 20, 2019 07:44:50 pm
      And being Chelsea's most successful manager, I bet they're gonna f**king love him even more managing Spurs!! :laugh:

Especially seeing as he said he would never manage Spurs due to his loyalty to Chelsea.

At least we know who the first name on the team sheet will be - Dier.

Cheeky bid for Son in the winter, can’t see him being happy there long, complete opposite type of player to what Jose wants.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #796: Nov 20, 2019 07:48:15 pm
      Piers Morgan being a mouthy pr**k again on SSN wanting another Arsenal manager sacked and wants Poch as new boss of the Gunners.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #797: Nov 20, 2019 08:32:40 pm
      Piers Morgan being a mouthy pr**k again on SSN wanting another Arsenal manager sacked and wants Poch as new boss of the Gunners.

Got what he wanted when Wenger got sacked. Now he's stuck with that greasy haired fool of a manager they have now.

c**t should be careful what he wishes for.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #798: Nov 20, 2019 08:37:05 pm

i'm sure levy got his list of defenders that he wants to come in as they know they not going to change Alderwiereld & Vertongen minds.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #799: Nov 20, 2019 09:04:32 pm
      Especially seeing as he said he would never manage Spurs due to his loyalty to Chelsea.

At least we know who the first name on the team sheet will be - Dier.

Cheeky bid for Son in the winter, can’t see him being happy there long, complete opposite type of player to what Jose wants.

Bid for him in January no need to wait.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #800: Nov 20, 2019 11:12:12 pm
      Bid for him in January no need to wait.

That's why I said in the winter ;)
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #801: Nov 21, 2019 08:49:12 am
      Cheeky steal from twitter that gave me a chuckle.
      https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1197119829515395072
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #802: Nov 21, 2019 09:05:32 am

Morgan's an arsehole and the epitome of the modern knee-jerk footy fan.

Hated by most proper Arsenal fans as well, in the early 00's when he was at the Mirror he printed false reports of Arsenal fans rioting in a match against Galatasaray which resulted in dozens Arsenal fans being tarnished as hooligans, losing their jobs and having their season tickets revoked. Stories ended up being proved to be false and he did apologize (quietly)... A whole decade later
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #803: Nov 21, 2019 09:07:19 am

Cant argue with that one...!!!

Must read fully and not speed read next time!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #804: Nov 21, 2019 12:31:39 pm
      It is reported that the special one is in for Gareth Bale, Bruno Fernandez, Ruben Dias and Nemanja Madic, this in spite of formerly praising the quality of the Spur's squad.
      Gonna be fireworks when the special one floats his master plan to the tight arse one in charge of the club.

Quick Reply