Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137401 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #805: Nov 21, 2019 05:08:19 pm
      Wonder how long until he brings back Fellaini from China. It seems the most happy people about this move is the media as they enjoy managers who mix things up and make more drama.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #806: Nov 21, 2019 05:18:18 pm
      I’ll go against the grain here, I think he’ll do a tremendous job for Spurs... I think he’ll rediscover himself & apply himself in a more gracious manner...guaranteed a cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #807: Nov 21, 2019 08:18:34 pm
      Wonder how long until he brings back Fellaini from China. It seems the most happy people about this move is the media as they enjoy managers who mix things up and make more drama.

He'll go for Matic from the mancs, that's his boy. Felliani was Moyes attack dog, Jose just utilised the sack of sh*te.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #808: Nov 21, 2019 11:08:03 pm
      Especially seeing as he said he would never manage Spurs due to his loyalty to Chelsea.

At least we know who the first name on the team sheet will be - Dier.

Cheeky bid for Son in the winter, can’t see him being happy there long, complete opposite type of player to what Jose wants.

Agents Klopp, Firmino and Fabinho on the case already  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #809: Nov 22, 2019 12:17:23 am
      They'd be crazy to let Son go, but if it was in an effort to fund a Bale transfer, I could see that happening.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #810: Nov 22, 2019 09:16:02 am
      Simply a case of nice one Son !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #811: Nov 22, 2019 02:13:28 pm
      They'd be crazy to let Son go, but if it was in an effort to fund a Bale transfer, I could see that happening.

oh I so hope they get Bale.
      An ageing sick note who thinks more of golf than he does the club paying his wages.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #812: Nov 22, 2019 02:43:03 pm
      An ageing sick note who thinks more of golf than he does the club paying his wages.

Sort of on his side to an extent with the whole Madrid thing, the fans have just never seemed to take to him for some reason & he's constantly been made the scapegoat for the whole club's below par league performances. I remember a group of supporters were booting & throwing sh*t at his car after a Classico defeat once... This was just a few months after he'd scored against Atletico in the Champions League final & scored a late wonder goal to win the Copa Del Rey against Barcelona. Think Madrid supporters in general are just spoilt arseholes, the whole "white handkerchief" routine sort of confirms this.

I'd say Zidane's treatment of him has been a bit unfair too & he should have a lot to thank Bale as he more or less won him a Champions League coming off the bench in Kiev (with a little help from Karius of course). Don't watch Madrid regularly but whenever I do he's been nowhere near as bad as some of his internal critics make out, he's actually played well most times I've seen him.

Obviously wouldn't sign him due to his recent injuries, age & wage demands but I think a lot of the criticism he gets is unwarranted & I can sort of see why he's putting two fingers up to the club and it's arsehole fans
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #813: Nov 22, 2019 04:14:04 pm

Agree on the injury front , but they have fcked him around for two years , even to the point of omitting him from squads , can’t stand the dirty devious machine that is Madrid , they fcked him about he can just sit there and ride it ,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #814: Nov 22, 2019 04:46:49 pm
      Sort of on his side to an extent with the whole Madrid thing, the fans have just never seemed to take to him for some reason & he's constantly been made the scapegoat for the whole club's below par league performances. I remember a group of supporters were booting & throwing sh*t at his car after a Classico defeat once... This was just a few months after he'd scored against Atletico in the Champions League final & scored a late wonder goal to win the Copa Del Rey against Barcelona. Think Madrid supporters in general are just spoilt arseholes, the whole "white handkerchief" routine sort of confirms this.

I'd say Zidane's treatment of him has been a bit unfair too & he should have a lot to thank Bale as he more or less won him a Champions League coming off the bench in Kiev (with a little help from Karius of course). Don't watch Madrid regularly but whenever I do he's been nowhere near as bad as some of his internal critics make out, he's actually played well most times I've seen him.

Obviously wouldn't sign him due to his recent injuries, age & wage demands but I think a lot of the criticism he gets is unwarranted & I can sort of see why he's putting two fingers up to the club and it's arsehole fans

Hard to say who is more at fault, but from I've read, he didn't even attempt to learn Spanish and really acted a bit like a Diva. Believe his own hype that he'd made it when he got the move and that he didn't have to do anything else. So who knows.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #815: Nov 22, 2019 04:47:03 pm

oh boo hoo for Bale sitting there locked in to a contract only earning £650k tax free per week!  What a FU he delivered to all the fans who pay his wages, total and complete tw*t of a person and player so yeah I hope he ends up back at Spurs as well. :-)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #816: Nov 22, 2019 07:33:30 pm
      oh boo hoo for Bale sitting there locked in to a contract only earning £650k tax free per week!  What a FU he delivered to all the fans who pay his wages, total and complete tw*t of a person and player so yeah I hope he ends up back at Spurs as well. :-)
      What about the Fck you the fans gave him, works both ways , quite entitled to enjoy getting to the finals with his country after all it doesn’t happen often , we’ll just shoot the fcker for standing by a flag someone else drew up , players are still allowed to enjoy the game ya know .
      And how do you know he’s a tw*t of a person , came over as a very humble man in his interviews with the national team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #817: Mar 05, 2020 03:48:43 pm
      What do we think the FA will do to Dier for fighting with that fan?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #818: Mar 05, 2020 03:51:25 pm

F**k all.

Shame he didn't punch Mourinho!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #819: Mar 05, 2020 04:05:35 pm

I'm not so sure, they'll have to do something
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #820: Mar 05, 2020 04:07:36 pm

It’s Spurs, they’ll get away with it..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #821: Mar 05, 2020 04:12:27 pm
      It’s Spurs, they’ll get away with it..

If it was Kane or Dele Ali you might have a point but we are talking about Dier, they'll throw him to the wolves, make an example of him.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #822: Mar 05, 2020 05:19:04 pm
      No way he'll get in the wolves team.should get a decent ban 8 games?
      Kopite78
      Reply #823: Mar 05, 2020 05:20:04 pm
      No way he'll get in the wolves team.should get a decent ban 8 games?

Depends on what actually happened really surely
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #824: Mar 05, 2020 05:56:03 pm
      It would be a bigger punishment for Spurs if they were told they had to play him in the next 8 games. They don’t call him Dier for nothing!

Seriously I think they will come out with some BS defence that he thought his brother was in danger of being assaulted and he was only defending him. Slap on the wrist and warned as to future conduct.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #825: Mar 05, 2020 09:25:03 pm
      The guy run off before he got to the top of the stand so I think it will be a fine and maybe 2 or 3 game ban
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #826: Mar 06, 2020 07:00:08 am
      Good on him. Confrontating an abuser. If it was racial or religious abuse he'd be praised. No way you should go to work and face an un-named, unaccountable troll.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #827: May 22, 2020 07:17:12 am

Quick Reply