Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137356 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #828: Sep 08, 2020 09:43:34 am
      Anyobody been watching the Amazon documentary series about last season? Watched the episode last night where they played us at their place and you should have seen the state of them at half time. Most of them looked as though they'd just went 12 rounds with Mike Tyson - Lucas Moura was sat on the floor of the changing room panting like a dog! 

Not as good as the footage of Jordi Alba crying at HT in the Anfield changing rooms, but it's still a sight to see! :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #829: Sep 08, 2020 10:06:56 am
      Anyobody been watching the Amazon documentary series about last season? Watched the episode last night where they played us at their place and you should have seen the state of them at half time. Most of them looked as though they'd just went 12 rounds with Mike Tyson - Lucas Moura was sat on the floor of the changing room panting like a dog! 

Not as good as the footage of Jordi Alba crying at HT in the Anfield changing rooms, but it's still a sight to see! :D
      I’ve been watching it. Pretty interesting to be fair. Yea that episode is pretty good. They do paint the picture of us a juggernaut.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #830: Sep 08, 2020 10:16:04 am
      Seemingly lack consistency to challenge for any major honours. Hard to see anything changing this season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #831: Sep 08, 2020 12:18:12 pm
      I’ve been watching it. Pretty interesting to be fair. Yea that episode is pretty good. They do paint the picture of us a juggernaut.

Yeah I've enjoyed it myself. They had a pretty eventful campaign last season so they picked a good year to film it!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #832: Sep 08, 2020 12:45:27 pm
      Loved Mourinho describing the "ghosts" in his managerial past, clearly has not lost that chip Luis Garcia put on his shoulder all those years ago.  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #833: Sep 08, 2020 01:00:27 pm
      If I’m honest, Jose seems like a fun guy, I’m sure they can manipulate it to show him in the light they want but he’s a pretty funny character.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #834: Sep 08, 2020 02:15:44 pm
      If I’m honest, Jose seems like a fun guy, I’m sure they can manipulate it to show him in the light they want but he’s a pretty funny character.

That's what everyone says, that Maureen in private is a really nice guy
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #835: Sep 08, 2020 02:34:52 pm

Can't help but warm to him either tbh, and I never thought I'd say that. He's a b***ard, but if he's your b***ard I guess you don't mind so much. He seems pretty honest and up front with the players. Enjoyed watching the conversation between Danny Rose and Jose, and all the bits with Eriksen and Levy as well. Very interesting insight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #836: Sep 08, 2020 03:23:40 pm
      Can't help but warm to him either tbh, and I never thought I'd say that. He's a b***ard, but if he's your b***ard I guess you don't mind so much. He seems pretty honest and up front with the players. Enjoyed watching the conversation between Danny Rose and Jose, and all the bits with Eriksen and Levy as well. Very interesting insight.

I like how he basically told Dele that he was lazy and he needed to be better. Easy to think you could do that, but it's hard to look someone in the eye, in person and tell them something they won't want to hear (but need to hear). He does seem to genuinely be able to connect with his players, I can see why so many players have had nothing but good to say about him.

I also liked in the one episode where Levy was talking about who to hire to replace Poch. He said there were two top managers in the world they were considering, one was already coaching in the Premier League at another club......not hard to figure out who he was referring to and not to hard to read between the lines that he would have been his preferred as well!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #837: Sep 08, 2020 08:19:32 pm

Yea you can see why players play for him.

He obviously puts out a persona that makes it hard to like him as an opposing manager but I think I quite like him as well.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2020 11:56:11 pm by srslfc »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #838: Sep 19, 2020 08:11:48 am
      He is finished unless he wakes up b4 it’s to late

https://twitter.com/rickylanz77/status/1301322171701223424?s=20
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #839: Sep 19, 2020 08:19:03 am

That there is great coaching and man management, will be interesting to see his chats with Bale!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #840: Sep 19, 2020 03:45:26 pm
      That there is great coaching and man management, will be interesting to see his chats with Bale!!

Probably end talking golf swings.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #841: Sep 19, 2020 08:23:05 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #842: Sep 20, 2020 10:40:08 am
      Bale is out of his debuted game, out injured

Then people and English media can’t understand why Real are And it’s fans are pissed with bale
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #843: Sep 20, 2020 01:39:48 pm
      Bale is out of his debuted game, out injured

Then people and English media can’t understand why Real are And it’s fans are pissed with bale

Real can F**k off the cheeky cu*ts, end of the day it could be said reason Bale isn't fit because of the way he was treated in Madrid. Real can't have it both ways, wanting him to be fit but at same time F***ing him around telling to stay away from training etc, not part of the first team squad, then he is, then he isn't!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #844: Sep 20, 2020 07:27:26 pm
      yes plus bale not learning the language after 7 years not getting involved with team bonding family gathering/dinners, yer its all down to Real and their fans bunch of scum bags  :roll: :roll:
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #845: Sep 20, 2020 07:57:34 pm
      yes plus bale not learning the language after 7 years not getting involved with team bonding family gathering/dinners, yer its all down to Real and their fans bunch of scum bags  :roll: :roll:

Real fan boy here?

Madrid are a scummy club so you’re right on that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #846: Sep 20, 2020 08:01:50 pm
      Real fan boy here?

Madrid are a scummy club so you’re right on that

Bale fan boy here. Bale is a scummy greedy player, lazy and arrogant?

Oh and Real Madrid still having to pay 2/3rds of his wage is hilarious 😂.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #847: Sep 20, 2020 08:42:10 pm

Hahaha imagine being arsed about Real and their F***ing Franco-loving c**t fans.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #848: Sep 20, 2020 08:56:25 pm
      Bale fan boy here. Bale is a scummy greedy player, lazy and arrogant?

Oh and Real Madrid still having to pay 2/3rds of his wage is hilarious 😂.

Not arsed about Bale to be honest but anyone sticking up for that shower Madrid need their head checking. Terrible fan base who turn on all their players
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #849: Sep 23, 2020 11:30:09 pm
      madrid is a terrible club with terrible fans ;D.  i don't mind bale and tottenham though
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #850: Sep 24, 2020 08:27:44 am
      Real can f**k off the cheeky cu*ts, end of the day it could be said reason Bale isn't fit because of the way he was treated in Madrid. Real can't have it both ways, wanting him to be fit but at same time f**king him around telling to stay away from training etc, not part of the first team squad, then he is, then he isn't!!

I dont see how Bale stuck it for 7 years.

Quick Reply