Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 138893 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #966: Feb 26, 2022 02:37:33 pm
      Harry’s playing well even as a midfielder
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,013 posts | 2088 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #968: Jul 01, 2022 06:09:28 pm
      Richarlison has cost the bitters and Spurs a combined £110mill. How has that happened?! Richarlison going for 60mill I think will be the most bizarre signing of the summer. Crazy money for an average player when they already have Moura and Bergwijn who are better but barely play. Then Perisic too which is a strange move too.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #969: Jul 05, 2022 08:15:16 pm
      Can’t believe Spurs have signed Richarlison madness
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #970: Jul 05, 2022 08:36:36 pm

does make you smile and laugh out loud though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #971: Jul 06, 2022 12:55:52 am

yep to warm the bench!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #972: Jul 06, 2022 07:40:02 am
      Fancy spuds to finish 3rd this season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,546 posts | 3906 
      Reply #973: Jul 06, 2022 08:38:24 am

Hate them, hope they fail miserably
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #974: Jul 06, 2022 08:54:47 am

I agree with this, Conte is a very good manager. Signing Richalison appears to be a strange decision but he knows what he is doing, his record is very good.
      If Spurs can keep him for 2-3 more seasons they could significantly close the gap to us and city.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #975: Jul 06, 2022 08:55:13 am

Aside from Bissouma, I don’t think they’ve even improved. I’m not really sure what Perisic does, he’s a signing that’s about 4 years too late. Look like signing Lenglet but again, he’s bang average and as for Richarlison, he plays well for about 5 games a year, nowhere near the level of what they’ve already got. They have basically paid 60mill for him to take Bergwijn’s place on the bench.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #976: Jul 06, 2022 10:12:03 am

totally agree. I no likeee too. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #977: Jul 06, 2022 10:13:07 am
      I agree with this, Conte is a very good manager. Signing Richalison appears to be a strange decision but he knows what he is doing, his record is very good.
      If Spurs can keep him for 2-3 more seasons they could significantly close the gap to us and city.

Conte knows what he is doing good manager thats the best signing they could have made.

Richarlison is a strange one, but maybe with a good hard manager in his ear he may do well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,013 posts | 2088 
      Reply #978: Jul 06, 2022 10:40:26 am
      Perisic is a great player but not exactly one for the future. Richarlison - maybe he will get better under Conte? I reckon Spurs will do very well this season. Conte's an excellent manager and could pose problems at the top of the table. But knowing Spurs, something will go tits up and Conte will probably walk by the end of September.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #979: Jul 06, 2022 11:05:10 am
      Perisic is a great player but not exactly one for the future. Richarlison - maybe he will get better under Conte? I reckon Spurs will do very well this season. Conte's an excellent manager and could pose problems at the top of the table. But knowing Spurs, something will go tits up and Conte will probably walk by the end of September.

;D I like the last bit.

Spuds please implode like always. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #980: Jul 06, 2022 04:12:10 pm

You been smoking dogshit fella ? 2-3 more seasons and Conte won’t be there, nor will Harry & the dog eater, Levy’s a typical tight arse and unlikely to spend the Millions needed to close your imaginary gap, so Conte will F**k off back to manage the Azure, closest to us and the fraudsters will more likely be Chavs & Arse, possibly Toon,  leaving Spuds & Munts fighting over 6th, in mediocre land !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #981: Jul 06, 2022 04:22:29 pm

Can’t see them finishing ahead of Chavs, Tuchel is a better manager than Conte and has better players, also they have a new owner who will splash the cash for Tuchel’s targets, they’ll need a replacement for Lukaku who was/is over rated anyway, I see Spuds battling Arse again for 4th, then no one gives a F**k !!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #982: Jul 06, 2022 04:33:29 pm

Can’t see them finishing ahead of Chavs, Tuchel is a better manager than Conte and has better players, also they have a new owner who will splash the cash for Tuchel’s targets, they’ll need a replacement for Lukaku who was/is over rated anyway, I see Spuds battling Arse again for 4th, then no one gives a f**k !!

Dont like them either. Just fancy spuds to do well. It woudl be nice if some randoms competed for top 4 this year, Id love the geordies to upset the traditional top 6. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #983: Jul 06, 2022 05:15:30 pm
      Dont like them either. Just fancy spuds to do well. It woudl be nice if some randoms competed for top 4 this year, Id love the geordies to upset the traditional top 6. ;D

Too early yet for the Geordies mate, apart from the financial attraction their not a club likely to challenge top 4, another couple of seasons building they could be but for now it will be the usual suspects, for me it’s a two horse race again with Chavs again flattering to deceive, what I do think might happen is both Spuds, & Chavs capable of taking points off us & the shaky Sheiks, so can’t see either of us building any kind of substantial lead, we’ll both be ahead on our own with a significant gap between third & second, I suppose in the end it could simply be down to the two fixtures between us, and even then could end level.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #984: Jul 06, 2022 05:57:48 pm

You been smoking dogshit fella ? 2-3 more seasons and Conte won’t be there, nor will Harry & the dog eater, Levy’s a typical tight arse and unlikely to spend the Millions needed to close your imaginary gap, so Conte will f**k off back to manage the Azure, closest to us and the fraudsters will more likely be Chavs & Arse, possibly Toon,  leaving Spuds & Munts fighting over 6th, in mediocre land !!

The gap last season from 2nd to 3rd was 18 points.

In my post I said IF they can keep Conte for 2-3 seasons they could challenge us and city. I agree that it's likely he'll have a meltdown and walk away.

I think that Liverpool and City are almost guaranteed to be the top 2 for the next 2 years, as long as we have Klopp, City have endless amounts of money and we don't have massive amounts of injuries, like 20-21 season.
      Spurs can improve under Conte but, as you point out, Levy is a tight arse so it will probably take time.
      Arsenal have a good young team but not much money to spend, they also have the potential to develop under Arteta. But also it will take a few seasons.
      Chelsea went backwards last season and lost Rudiger who was their best player, in my opinion. It's possible they could come back quite strong but it's also possible they could continue to struggle.
      Man U are a disaster, I don't see any prospect of them challenging for the league soon.
      Newcastle are likely to take a few years to challenge, how many years did it take City to win the league when they got oil money? 4 or 5 maybe.
      Noone else in the league is likely to challenge for top 2, someone else might get 4th if they have a good season. Maybe West Ham?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #985: Dec 21, 2022 11:20:46 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #986: Feb 10, 2023 10:24:20 pm
      Can't say I disagree with Levy's editorial about the lamentable state of football finances.(BBC Website)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #987: Mar 18, 2023 08:42:47 pm
      Conte lost the plot in his interview, could be sacked in the morning…
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #988: Mar 18, 2023 09:07:38 pm
      Conte lost the plot in his interview, could be sacked in the morning…

Maybe but he's 100% correct in everything he said.

Spurs are perrenial bottlers. It has become ingrianed into the fabric of the club. Conte is incensed as he can't seem to do anything to change spurs culture and mentality, like how Klopp did with us.

If he's sacked in the morning I can see Spurs losing a few games before end of season which is our only chance of nabbing 4th place.

Quick Reply