Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137394 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2009 10:50:42 pm
      Abit too much hype about them for me. I think they'll come in 6th.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Aug 31, 2009 11:36:18 pm
      They'll fade away as the season goes on, won't be able to stand the heat  ::)

I reckon they'll finish about 8th or 9th
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 31, 2009 11:43:21 pm
      Hmm think they're more of a threat than that could get very close to the top 4 but I hope you guys who think they'll fade away are right.  Villa did but the squad had no depth Spurs has (oh to have the dosh - thievin yanks)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #26: Sep 01, 2009 12:19:12 am
      Before the season started I tipped them to finish 4th and I'll stick with that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Sep 01, 2009 12:20:03 am
      Before the season started I tipped them to finish 4th and I'll stick with that.

Nah, will be same top 4 as usual. Reckon Spurs will still end up around 7th.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2009 12:20:26 am
      Massive blow with Modric out for some time now.

I think they will come in 6th.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2009 05:34:13 am
      Modric has been the heartbeat for them and he'll be out for quite some time. Don't think that Kranjcar would be able to live up and be as influential as Modric though.

Just 4 games into the season and they're talking about top 3 finish. Bollocks, season's still young. No doubt they have got some cracking players in their ranks but top clubs are able to string on unbeatable streaks and that is the difference between us and them.

Don't think 'Arry has the ability to lead them there, though. 5th/6th would be more realistic for them IMO.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2009 05:48:06 am
      I think that they are serious top 4 contenders this year, Modric though is a massive blow for them
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #31: Sep 01, 2009 06:13:12 am
      TBH, i now think that the Spurs and Man City will be a threat to the top 4. Is anybody else excited about the prospect of tougher opposition and a challenge to the top 4? If we really want to be the best, it would be sweeter winning the Premier League in a season with 6 real competitors.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: Sep 01, 2009 06:30:57 am
      TBH, I now think that the Spurs and Man City will be a threat to the top 4. Is anybody else excited about the prospect of tougher opposition and a challenge to the top 4? If we really want to be the best, it would be sweeter winning the Premier League in a season with 6 real competitors.

It excites me if they are taking points more from other teams, but only if we are taking points to. It does make the league alot more exciting to, games suddenly become harder to read.. going to be a great season. Spurs could be the Aston Villa of last season, fly at the start but drop off after not being able to handle the pace. And then have all there best players bought by bigger clubs :D
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #33: Sep 01, 2009 11:30:57 am
      They will sign Kranjar to cover him. They will probably sign another 1 or 2 before the window closes. Hate them or like them fact is they are playing good football, building a very good squad and look like they will build a new stadium soon. They are a huge threat to us
      Totally  :f_wah: be doing and a few people might just be surprised. Im F***ing depressed now
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: Sep 01, 2009 11:34:00 am
      Sorry i dont know what happened to last post! it was meant to say that i agree with you Brian and Spurs are doing the sort of things and spending that we should be doing , its embarrasing that we are being blown out of the water by teams like this.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 01, 2009 04:11:06 pm
      Great start for them but i do think they will fade as the season goes on,Redknapp has got a big squad but will he be able to keep them all happy.It's okay when your winning games but when a couple of results go against it will be interesting to see how they react to this.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #36: Sep 01, 2009 05:56:35 pm
      Add to that all the players sat on the bench while the other lads are doing well. *cough* Crouch *cough*
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #37: Sep 01, 2009 06:02:58 pm
      I haven't got your confidence on this one.  I'd feel happier if I saw Acquilani running around and coming through a reserves test -  just so we have a timescale to look forward to.  As I think we need the creative touch and some of the pressure off Torres/Gerrard. Spurs and the Chavs bother me !!!  :-\
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #38: Sep 01, 2009 06:23:08 pm
      Add to that all the players sat on the bench while the other lads are doing well. *cough* Crouch *cough*

Crouchie would have been better off staying with us IMO!!
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2009 06:23:54 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #39: Sep 01, 2009 06:25:23 pm
      Well he moved to Portsmouth for 1st team footy  :lmao: .......look what he got warming the bench @ Spurs   >:( idiot
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Sep 02, 2009 08:57:19 am
      Well he moved to Portsmouth for 1st team footy  :lmao: .......look what he got warming the bench @ Spurs   >:( idiot

I think he is in love with Harry Redknapp. He seems the type that needs someone to act like a parent. He probably couldn't handle the way Rafa has a professional relationship with his players and liked 'Arry and his personal relationships.

Either way, enjoy the bench Coruch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Sep 02, 2009 09:20:16 am
      He could enjoy the bench at a team like us if he wanted, would rather him than the Ponytail. But, if he wants someone to pat him on the ass and say everything will be ok, then stick with 'Arry. He is a good liar after all ;)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #42: Sep 02, 2009 09:25:12 am
      City and Spurs, under the right guidance definitely have the potential to challenge for the title.

At the way City is going eking out results like that then they are going to challenge for it as well. Spurs are also getting the points on board. They have definitely been doing well.

However, this is just the start whereby everyone is just excited, and ready to go. Towards the end of the season the standard between the big four and clubs like City/Spurs will show through. Their First XI might match us now but they still got a long way to go in terms of experience and class, IMO.

We will definitely be up for a tough fight with City/Spurs but I reckon we'll still be too strong for them, top clubs like Liverpool are capable of stringing together 10-20 games winning streak and that is going to be very tough for City/Spurs to beat.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #43: Sep 02, 2009 01:26:54 pm
      My mate saw Harry Redknapp in a well known Swindon coffee shop last week.

No sign of Crouchy tho  ;)
      stevieg86
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2009 03:39:52 pm
      They will sign Kranjar to cover him. They will probably sign another 1 or 2 before the window closes. Hate them or like them fact is they are playing good football, building a very good squad and look like they will build a new stadium soon. They are a huge threat to us

Not a huge threat I don't think. They have improved quite a bit this year and have a VERY capable squad, but I don't think they can keep it up for the whole year. Still, a top 8 finish for them would be decent enough.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: Sep 02, 2009 03:55:46 pm

;)

Soon enough, they'll be well again!

Quick Reply