Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tottenham Hotspursy

Read 137342 times
      RedLFCBlood
      The Official: Laugh At Spuds thread.
      Reply #46: May 02, 2011 05:13:55 pm
      http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52809

GloryGloryeze » 08/02/2011, 22:08

Should we be worried about Liverpool's new found form?
      Is it just a short-ish purple patch or has 'King' Kenny got some real up-to-date tactical nous from his time watching from the sidelines?
      Or is it all just Steve Clarke?

Re: Liverpool - should we be worried about them?

Postby Papercut » 08/02/2011, 22:16
      I don't get it... Worried about them taking fifth?

Postby Dave Yid » 08/02/2011, 22:16
      For a Champions League spot? No.
      If anyone breaks into the top 4 it will be us.

Postby Wriggly » 08/02/2011, 22:23
      I'm looking up, not down.

Liverpool are one of the last clubs I'd be worried about. They are a mid table side on a decent bit of form right now boosted by a new manager. They are now back to their wrist slicingly boring as love method of winning, Bolton went on a good run not so long ago and currently the likes of Sunderland are doing the same. All mediocre clubs go on nosebleed runs every now and then.

by Yossarian » 08/02/2011, 22:39

Spurs have to implode for that to happen, which we won't.

1 defeat in 15 PL fixtures, with injuries galore, is CL qualification form.

As posted elsewhere, top 3 is on, given our form and remaining fixtures, and our competitors'.

Postby scaramanga » 09/02/2011, 10:18
      Worried about a team that has a manager who was last involved in football when George Graham was considered employable? Who just played a 3-5-2 in the modern Premiership? Who is so desperate not to drop Johnson he plays him on the left?

No.

Postby ArcspacE » 09/02/2011, 10:20
      The honeymoon should wear off soon - they've got some tricky fixtures coming up themselves.

No worries here.

Postby Raziel » 09/02/2011, 13:46
      Serious answer

- This season, they aren't going to catch us, and certainly won't catch anyone in front of us.
      - Next, they always have potential, but have shown they are still a circus

If you look at their actions since firing Roy, it wouldn't give me a lot of faith if I was a Pool fan

- Appoint a manager who has not managed in pretty much the PL era
      - Spend 60M on a position that's not their biggest problem area
      - Resort to a super defensive style (same issue that saw them struggle to get anywhere under Rafa)

Sure they have got the dead man bounce/honeymoon effect, but another season without CL is highly likely, Reina has basically indicated he's off (and imo, he, Torres, Gerrard were the only reason Pool was ever a threat).

You can never completely disregard a side, but with the advent of City, Cheat$ki looking like they will continue spending and our progress, Pool is the ones that need to be worried.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its in our own hands now, off you F**k Spuds.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011 05:18:57 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Spuds thread.
      Reply #47: May 02, 2011 05:27:01 pm
      This post is a cracker from that thread in replying to somebody who said they hate Liverpool and their supporters:

"Im the same, though i actually feel it about all northern teams. I do not care if people are black or white or what religion they are but i have this absolute hatred of northerners, sometimes i try to hide it as if it was a joke, but i really hate them. Wish we in the south east were our own country."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: May 02, 2011 05:32:29 pm
      Why get worried about Spurs.

They'll be F***ing sh*t again in no time, especially after Harry The Tax is finished.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2011 05:41:48 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: May 02, 2011 05:33:55 pm
      This the one that tickled me most.

If you look at their actions since firing Roy, it wouldn't give me a lot of faith if I was a Pool fan

- Resort to a super defensive style (same issue that saw them struggle to get anywhere under Rafa)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Appoint a manager that has actually won the premier league.

Spent £60m on a position we needed to fill as we only had Kuyt or N'Gog up top after the sale of Torres.

A super defensive record where we have scored 30 goals over the last 15 league games, second only to Chelsea I believe.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #50: May 02, 2011 05:36:22 pm
      Mate, but does this deserve a thread?? If we are starting such a thread, it means that we are treating them as serious competition (I may sound arrogant here.. But still..)

Yes, they pipped us last season. But, they have spent tons of money to realise that their squad is still mediocre and may not play properly towards the end of season if they have some mid week fixtures.. I was browsing that forum and they think they are bigger than us... F**k me.. :O

They cannot even realise that not playing in Europe will affect their UEFA seeding and that will actually become a hindrance in the group stages when they actually qualify for CL as they may be grouped with more fancied teams with a greater European pedigree... Like our club :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #51: May 02, 2011 05:37:41 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      In a world of their own.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: May 02, 2011 05:39:47 pm
      Mate, but does this deserve a thread?? If we are starting such a thread, it means that we are treating them as serious competition

Not all it means is, were laughing at their failure after all their big talk, I'd never take Spuds seriously whilst Harry Redchops is their manager.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #53: May 02, 2011 05:42:16 pm
      Not all it means were laughing at their failure after all their big talk, I'd never take Spuds seriously whilst Harry Redchops is their manager.

;D..Cheers Mate!
      But, fellow reds, that thread is one deluded place. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #54: May 02, 2011 05:58:20 pm
      It's always good to laugh at fellow football supporters.

I would say about 80% of the people on that thread would rather finish 6th than 5th, while about 80% of us would rather finish 5th than 6th and qualify for Europe.

I think that says an awful lot about our mentality compared to theirs.

Winds me up tbh the way in which fans would rather finish lower than is possible so as to avoid access into a competition.

Who the F**k do they think they are?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #55: May 02, 2011 06:01:45 pm
      http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52809

Postby Papercut » 08/02/2011, 22:16
      I don't get it... Worried about them taking fifth?

Postby Dave Yid » 08/02/2011, 22:16
      For a Champions League spot? No.
      If anyone breaks into the top 4 it will be us.

Postby Wriggly » 08/02/2011, 22:23
      I'm looking up, not down.

Liverpool are one of the last clubs I'd be worried about. They are a mid table side on a decent bit of form right now boosted by a new manager. They are now back to their wrist slicingly boring as love method of winning, Bolton went on a good run not so long ago and currently the likes of Sunderland are doing the same. All mediocre clubs go on nosebleed runs every now and then.

by Yossarian » 08/02/2011, 22:39

Spurs have to implode for that to happen, which we won't.

1 defeat in 15 PL fixtures, with injuries galore, is CL qualification form.

As posted elsewhere, top 3 is on, given our form and remaining fixtures, and our competitors'.

Postby scaramanga » 09/02/2011, 10:18
      Worried about a team that has a manager who was last involved in football when George Graham was considered employable? Who just played a 3-5-2 in the modern Premiership? Who is so desperate not to drop Johnson he plays him on the left?

No.

Postby ArcspacE » 09/02/2011, 10:20
      The honeymoon should wear off soon - they've got some tricky fixtures coming up themselves.

No worries here.

Postby Raziel » 09/02/2011, 13:46
      Serious answer

- This season, they aren't going to catch us, and certainly won't catch anyone in front of us.
      - Next, they always have potential, but have shown they are still a circus

Sure they have got the dead man bounce/honeymoon effect, but another season without CL is highly likely, Reina has basically indicated he's off (and imo, he, Torres, Gerrard were the only reason Pool was ever a threat).

You can never completely disregard a side, but with the advent of City, Cheat$ki looking like they will continue spending and our progress, Pool is the ones that need to be worried.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its in our own hands now, off you f**k Spuds.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cheers for this best laugh ive had all day,what a bunch of tw*ts .:)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: May 02, 2011 06:04:01 pm
      Here's another cracking thread from the Spuds.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54182

Why Harry has to go - in plain terms.

Postby CamdenSpurs » 26/04/2011, 12:46
      Ok, we are not going to make the top 4 this year, so we have to accept that and move on.

So next season should mark the beginning of a new project - it would be a mistake to drag out the old project for another year as we're very unlikely to get top four next year either.

Against Harry is his age and the fact that he's going to be the England manager in 2012 anyway.

Against him also is the post San Siro performances of the team, and the increasingly bizarre tactics and formations that change from game to game, and his continued poor attitude during interviews. Personally I haven't been able to watch his interviews for some time, because I find them ever more annoying.

His famed man management skills look ever more questionable. A bad word never gets said about Defoe and he's constantly orgasming over Modric, but Pav and Lennon have been hung out to dry by him.

What we need is a young, hungry manager. Not some quick fix. Forget Mourinho, even if there were a chance of him coming, he is such an intense character that he'll burn himself out eventually and lose his motivation sooner or later. His next job after Madrid will be a failure.

In fact, forget all fancy named foreigners, we should look at a young British manager coming in. Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert are names worth considering.

CamdenSpurs

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #57: May 02, 2011 06:07:12 pm
      Spurs bubble is about to burst anyway. They will probably not get any European football next season. They haven't got the new stadium which was make or break IMO. Star players will get cherry picked (Bale and Modric). And Spurs financially are fu**ed I think. They threw all their eggs in one basket by trying to sign a big name striker in January, and no one wanted to go to Tottenham hahahaha.

I fully expect them to lose one or two star players this summer and next season go back to 6th or 7th. If they get 4th this season then they'll keep challenging at the top.

Spurs fan don't want 5th either, they need that money more then we do. I can't wait to see Spurs fall, hate them with a passion even though I love Modric.

I'd happily cherry pick a couple of their players too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: May 02, 2011 06:11:28 pm
      They're sh*te and still a small club.

Modric, Bale, Lennon and VDV will be wanted by bigger clubs I'd say and with no European football it will be difficult for them to keep those four. And then if they leave, they are properly fu**ed.

They had their little spell of success (although is one season in the CL really success?) but now it's time for us to kick on and leave them behind.

And :lmao: to all their fans who think we ain't a threat. I mean come on, even some decent United fans are saying we're a force again!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #59: May 02, 2011 06:11:39 pm
      Here's another cracking thread from the Spuds.

Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert are names worth considering.

Wow.. That is ambitious..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #60: May 02, 2011 06:17:06 pm

Both good managers, especially Paul Lambert. On the brink of back-to-back promotions with Norwich. From league one to Premier League in 2 seasons is great stuff (if it happens).

Seems Spurs fans are growing weary of 'Arry though.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #61: May 02, 2011 06:26:54 pm
      If kenny hadnt come in i would have had lambert in a heartbeat,watch norwich play,bloody great footy.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #62: May 02, 2011 06:38:58 pm
      Huh?? Guess, I am livin in a diff world then.. :)

But, pls find below some of their quotes

Paxtonwolf wrote:
      Liverpools run in

West Ham a
      United h
      Sunderland a
      WBA a
      Man City h
      Arsenal a
      Birmingham h
      Newcastle h
      Fulham a
      Tottenham h
      Villa a

Wouldnt bank on Newcastle or Brum getting a point, other than that I could make a case for a draw maximum in every other game

They do predict brilliantly, don't they??
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #63: May 02, 2011 08:29:28 pm
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

This the one that tickled me most.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Appoint a manager that has actually won the premier league.

Spent £60m on a position we needed to fill as we only had Kuyt or N'Gog up top after the sale of Torres.

A super defensive record where we have scored 30 goals over the last 15 league games, second only to Chelsea I believe.

That "defensive Rafa"'s team scored the most goals in the Premier League back in 2008/2009!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #64: May 02, 2011 08:34:23 pm
      Mate, but does this deserve a thread?? If we are starting such a thread, it means that we are treating them as serious competition (I may sound arrogant here.. But still..)

No it doesn't, after all Everton has a thread and i doubt anyone sees them as a threat - apart from to any of the 5 senses.

I'm happy to have a laugh at that kind of delusional talk of grandeur :D F***ing hilarious that.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #65: May 02, 2011 08:51:49 pm
      Quite looking forward to having a little chuckle at the two Spuds I sit by in work tomorrow tbh :D
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #66: May 02, 2011 08:56:05 pm
      This post is a cracker from that thread in replying to somebody who said they hate Liverpool and their supporters:

"Im the same, though I actually feel it about all northern teams. I do not care if people are black or white or what religion they are but I have this absolute hatred of northerners, sometimes I try to hide it as if it was a joke, but I really hate them. Wish we in the south east were our own country."
      Oh my god!!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #67: May 02, 2011 10:04:08 pm
      Do they really deserve a laugh at thread? They have had a good run but that"s about it,Bale ,Modric, they"ll be bought up in the summer by a big club like us.Ffs anyone would think they wer playing cl every season stupid apes.We have a laugh at Everton thread but that"s different they"re a bunch of inbred hillbillies.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #68: May 02, 2011 10:05:29 pm
      No it doesn't, after all Everton has a thread and i doubt anyone sees them as a threat - apart from to any of the 5 senses.

But for various local reasons, they are still The Enemy, along with the Mancs.

Quick Reply