Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Match Thread Liverpool v Man City

Read 7112 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #92: May 04, 2008 11:49:59 pm
      It's cos the old ones faded as the season's progressed......

I take they dont wash well in Daz then, you know the soap you can believe in!!!!
      tanny
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #93: May 05, 2008 12:24:52 am
      did anybody notice gerrard looked a little unsure and sad too at the end of the game, thats spoiled my day because he is liverpool to me and i only started supporting us because of him a few years back but i just hope he never leaves because i want liverpool to be my first and last club!
         time is running out for stevie too because some years later not many top class clubs would be as interested and he might have to regret not moving if we dont win anything, player of his calibre must have won everything by now. We better hurry and win titles now :(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #94: May 05, 2008 01:05:44 am
      and he might have to regret not moving if we dont win anything

To me there would be nothing better than to play for your boyhood club, so if he does regret not moving then I'd prefare it if he did move.
      Alan Shearer didn't regrett not moving because since he was a little boy all he wanted to do was play for Newcastle United and he achived that dream. For me, playing for your boyhood club is bigger than winning titles with some other European giant you never supported.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #95: May 05, 2008 03:01:53 am
      i really dont think SG is thinking about past offers at all, the clubs improving every year and no doubt he'll be in the management in years to come. Crazy to think that i feel the team we have now is so much better than the 05 season i mean we had traore then and we still won the top prize. dont get me wrong he had a cracker in istanbul.
      kit looked good today was a bit unsure when saw it online but glad it looks ok - we still going for the blue thing 3rd kit?
      Insua looked wicked, him and aurelio will be fine so def looks like Riise's off in summer, i really rated him b4 but an absolute shocker season.
      If we get barry i think xabi will leave as has slowly being loosing form since 05 season. can still pick a great pass but i cant see him getting improving form so should try getting as much dollar for him as poss.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #96: May 05, 2008 07:41:29 am
      there is someone that have highlights or the goal.pls
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2008 01:07:32 pm by clint_call01 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #97: May 05, 2008 12:07:17 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #98: May 05, 2008 01:07:47 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #99: May 05, 2008 01:47:36 pm
      Pretty sad, that being the last game at Anfield for the season..bring on August.

Glad we got the win, although I think it should have been at least 5 or 6 nil...how babel missed those headers and that shot that Torres set him up for, I'll never know...but doesn't matter Fernando came to the rescue as usual....what  a Superstar...just friggin love him.

Once again an opposition keeper comes to Anfield and plays the game of his life...why can't they ever do that at Old Toilet or Stamford Bridge :f_steam:

Made up for Insua...I thought he had a wonderful game and looked very composed on the ball...loved that little run he did up the corridor....good future ahead, I hope....bye JAR.

Missed the lap around the ground...hopefully can find it on You tube somewhere.

Let's just finish the season off on a positive note and a nice big win against The Spurs.

Quick Reply