Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Chelsea v Liverpool - CL Semi Final Match Thread

Read 28804 times
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool - CL Semi Final Match Thread
      Reply #299: May 01, 2008 12:47:36 am
      meh means...........Meh hehe

beats me dude.........and noooooo thats not an invitation eddie......no blue on my shirt hehe  ;D  :lmao:
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #300: May 01, 2008 12:49:17 am
      I know this sounds like a blonde moment but what does 'Meh' mean? ;D

Just read it as it's spelt mate :D

I know I shouldn't have, but I lost the head for a moment. The thing that really gave me the hump was that he was down the pub last year when we beat them, and I was gracious then. If I had been carrying on like a w**ker, whinging on about the ref or whatever else then I could understand people getting at me, it says a lot though that a lot of the Chelsea boys applauded me for doing him.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #301: May 01, 2008 12:49:21 am
      Back on the game, it looks like we've got weaker in defense but stronger in attack. Babel & Torres goals were nice, and whoever said Torres doesn't score in the big games? ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #302: May 01, 2008 12:51:26 am
      Just read it as it's spelt mate :D

I know I shouldn't have, but I lost the head for a moment. The thing that really gave me the hump was that he was down the pub last year when we beat them, and I was gracious then. If I had been carrying on like a w**ker, whinging on about the ref or whatever else then I could understand people getting at me, it says a lot though that a lot of the Chelsea boys applauded me for doing him.

It does indeed. Sometimes some just need a lesson, he got what he deserved and he'll learn from his own mistakes. :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #303: May 01, 2008 12:51:27 am
      My real problem tonight was the performance in the first half. Although Chelsea played well I thought we made it easy for them. Our passing was dreadful. Most of our players seemed incapable of making a simple pass. I don't mind if a player tries a diffulcult pass and it doesn't come off but too many times a simple 5-10 yard pass was mis-placed.

Nail on the head. That's were I feel we fell short. Too many players didn't look up for it like they should have been in the first half. You play til the end but you have to start playing from the start.

I don't feel anyone is to blame - although I must admit, I was furious and confused at the time, when our top scorer was taken off in our most important game of the season. Hopefully the hamstring problem isn't too serious.

I don't have any problems with Chelsea in that game. And I'll always wish the team that knocks us out good luck. As much as Drogba is a diving nancy, I always prefer us to do our talking on the pitch. Tonight we just fell short of that.

Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #304: May 01, 2008 12:51:54 am
      Being the only Scouser down at exeter uni this year.........i was stuck watching the match in the SU Bar surrounded by man utd fans, NONE OF WHOM have ever been further north than birmingham. Bloody Typical eh
      OhJohnnyBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • I throw sh*t at Chelsea Supporters
      Reply #305: May 01, 2008 12:53:25 am
      Far out just the thought of the two teams I hate the most in the final makes me sick again!
      i coudn't agree more. this year's ECC final makes me sick
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #306: May 01, 2008 12:55:24 am
      I coudn't agree more. this year's ECC final makes me sick

quite, il watch the final but not sure which team winning would make me feel worse. Still, next season will be much better im sure. Believe people!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #307: May 01, 2008 12:57:06 am
      I coudn't agree more. this year's ECC final makes me sick

If it's anything like last years FA Cup final I might do something seriously bad to myself :D
      Last years FA Cup final was a real bore wasn't it. Knowing that one of these scummy teams is to win such a prestigious trophy is making me feel like crying. The more I think about it the more I want to cry.

I wonder who'll win the best penalty? Drogba or Ronaldo? ;D
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #308: May 01, 2008 01:00:41 am
      well considerin Droghba went down easily within first 30 seconds of the match............id say ronny has his work cut out for him
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #309: May 01, 2008 01:19:37 am
      Quality Moderator!! Interesting first post? Ya it is a first post!! Would you like for me to grow old and bald before joining a discussion forum? Or is the best time for me to express my views when they corrlate with your own? 

Not at all.  Tickles me when people join a forum after a defeat and start with the 'Always supported Rafa but....' line, that's all.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #310: May 01, 2008 01:24:42 am

I'd like Chelsea and Man Utd to both lose in Moscow, somehow that isn't possible!

Maybe Ronaldo and Drogba sent off for consistent diving!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #311: May 01, 2008 01:33:27 am
      This shouldn't have been though.

It's gone from a fantastic mouth watering Barca - Liverpool final to a real boring Manure - Chelski final.
      Hopefully the match will get abandoned, and then UEFA will allow Barca & Liverpool to play the final instead - now that would be a real final, would be up there with the games against Milan!

I just feel that Barcelona & Liverpool were the better teams over the two legs but Man Utd & Chelsea are the real jammy teams who just know how to grind out results when it matters most.

No doubt on my mind will it be a Barcelona - Liverpool finale next season :)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #312: May 01, 2008 01:33:34 am
      I'd like Chelsea and Man Utd to both lose in Moscow, somehow that isn't possible!

If a team goes below seven players then they forfeit the game. Hypothetically speaking, if both teams had four red cards & there was an incident that involved a player from each team getting sent off, what happens then?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #313: May 01, 2008 01:43:50 am

It's gone from a fantastic mouth watering Barca - Liverpool final to a real boring Manure - Chelski final.

:)

I can see a repeat of the Inter vs AC milan final which was a good prescription for symptoms of insomnia
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #314: May 01, 2008 01:47:10 am
      If a team goes below seven players then they forfeit the game. Hypothetically speaking, if both teams had four red cards & there was an incident that involved a player from each team getting sent off, what happens then?

Pick yourself up off the floor after the laughing so hard and tell both teams to go and get some Class and suggest that they both come back next season and have another try without the gamesmanship.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #315: May 01, 2008 01:50:41 am
      Pick yourself up off the floor after the laughing so hard and tell both teams to go and get some Class and suggest that they both come back next season and have another try without the gamesmanship.

Seriously though, does anyone know what would happen in these circumstances? I really can't see UEFA declaring there is no winner of this years competition :D

Maybe they could let the two losing semi-finalists play for the title :P
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #316: May 01, 2008 01:59:10 am

Seriously though, does anyone know what would happen in these circumstances? I really can't see UEFA declaring there is no winner of this years competition :D

I'll stick with the hope that the caterer's that prepared the meals for spurs players  2 years ago before the crucial match for fourth spot are involved, maybe with a little bit more laxatives.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #317: May 01, 2008 01:59:43 am

Thats what I was thinking. That would be a real final aswell. Man Utd vs Chelsea is just going to go to extra time, I can see it now. No classic is on the cards...
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #318: May 01, 2008 05:19:02 am
      Being the only Scouser down at exeter uni this year.........I was stuck watching the match in the SU Bar surrounded by man utd fans, NONE OF WHOM have ever been further north than birmingham. Bloody Typical eh

I'm on holiday in Vegas and I've yet to meet a United fan from Manchester apart from myself, I don't mind Americans supporting any Premiership Team because they don't have a team of their own but I have heard WAY too many cockney accents 'supporting' United...
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #319: May 01, 2008 05:20:24 am
      Thats what I was thinking. That would be a real final aswell. Man Utd vs Chelsea is just going to go to extra time, I can see it now. No classic is on the cards...

Too right, entertaining team versus boring team........
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #320: May 01, 2008 07:17:49 am
      Got back at 03:45 in the morning (fu**ed)
      My overall take on the game.....well we made it easy for them!
      We give away possession so cheaply, and if you score an own goal and give away a pen then just what do we expect?
      Those chav fans really are classless, when we equalised they just shut up! and they have only got 3 or 4 songs, and there from the 60's
      Anyway, we are where we are, onward and upwards!!
      At least last nights result should bring the ownership issue to a more rapid conclusion!

IRWT
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #321: May 01, 2008 07:20:51 am
      I think Benitez has cost us the Champions League.  For three reasons
      1. Playing Risse today was such a poor decision, I thought we had all agreed that he should not be let anywhere near any important games.
      2. Not bringing Crouch on, an even worse decision than not playing Crouch in the first place.
      3. Taking Torres off, knowing he is capable of great things and taking him off was meekly surrendering the match.

Quick Reply