Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you rather have win the final?

Mancs (Hitler)
      (12%)
      Chavs (Mussolini)
      (88%)

Champions League Final 08

Read 38169 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Champions League Final 08
      Reply #23: May 03, 2008 07:58:26 pm
      I don't want Man U to win it, I'd rather them win it than Chelsea that's all.

Support Pompey if you like, I expect most English football fans will be, with us being a Welsh club in 'their' league.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2008 11:19:23 pm
      The amount of sh*t I'd hear down here in South London if Chelsea win their first European Cup would kill me. I think Utd play better football than Chelsea, so I vote Utd.
      Dunk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | -3 
      Reply #25: May 04, 2008 03:04:42 pm
      I'm probarly not going to watch the final  this year. To be honest I don't even care who wins.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: May 04, 2008 03:09:40 pm
      I'm probarly not going to watch the final  this year. To be honest I don't even care who wins.

I Know what you mean, But I will hide if the Scum wins, Hate them with a passion
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #27: May 08, 2008 06:18:17 pm
      That's a bit too obvious though mate. I'd be very surprised if any Liverpool fan actually did want either of them to win it. But the reality is that one of them is going to win it, so who would you rather it be?

I just dont want United to win it because they act like school girls whenever a decesion is given against them (actually same with Chelsea), I know kids that are 11 years old that behave better than United and Chelsea players!!

I dont want Chelsea to win it because they've never done it before and I like the chant "wheres your Europe, wheres your Europe, wheres your European cups".

I'd have to agree with Eddie. I'd prefer neither of them to do the double and one to win Europe and the other to win Premier League.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #28: May 08, 2008 06:41:29 pm
      I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win.

I've got loads of Manc mates, but Chelsea have had a stroll to the final barring us.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #29: May 08, 2008 08:45:51 pm
      I don't want Man U to win it, I'd rather them win it than Chelsea that's all.

Support Pompey if you like, I expect most English football fans will be, with us being a Welsh club in 'their' league.

Don't worry Nicola, of course I'll be supporting Cardiff, I always support the underdog, except when its the BS! Won't be watching it as I'm in work all day, but I'll try and catch most of it. Enjoy your day, but not too much as so you can not remember it! :food-smiley-005:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: May 08, 2008 09:14:32 pm
      I'm going to be watching the Champions League Final

From 2005  :lmao: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: May 10, 2008 09:59:53 pm
      Thanks RedPuppy, I'll be too nervous to drink too much; and I get travel sick anyway hehe.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #32: May 11, 2008 10:08:21 am
      I'm not voting, because I would like to see them both lose but...
      1) Like Oldred said 'I support Liverpool and anyone against Man U'
      2) I don't have any Chelsea mates so I won't hear anything about it although I can't bear the thought of the holding the cup.
      So on that basis I'd go Chelsea.

Wouldn't it be great if they both got suspended for some unknown reason, and in the league they were both deducted 20 points, as were Arsenal, leaving us with the Premiership and a CL final between us and Barca  ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: May 11, 2008 04:13:20 pm
      I'm not voting, because I would like to see them both lose but...
      1) Like Oldred said 'I support Liverpool and anyone against Man U'
      2) I don't have any Chelsea mates so I won't hear anything about it although I can't bear the thought of the holding the cup.
      So on that basis I'd go Chelsea.

Wouldn't it be great if they both got suspended for some unknown reason, and in the league they were both deducted 20 points, as were Arsenal, leaving us with the Premiership and a CL final between us and Barca  ;D

Nice thought  ;) :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #34: May 11, 2008 05:15:34 pm
      So I presume a few people will be hoping Chelsea win it now then?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #35: May 11, 2008 05:25:40 pm
      So I presume a few people will be hoping Chelsea win it now then?

Well we don't want united to do the 'double' do we, bloody hell, we'd never hear the last of it.  :f_steam:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      United in Moscow
      Reply #36: May 15, 2008 10:22:36 pm
      F***ing hate even talking about the scum but couldn't find an appropriate topic  for this one. Now the Rangers fans have had thier fun in Manchester with the battering of a few Zenit fans, after thier loss in the uefa cup. Who the F**k would want to be a scum fan going to moscow with the reception that will be waiting for them there. Can't wait for the headlines. And summing up, who the F**k would want to be a scum fan anyway. :lmao:
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: United in Moscow
      Reply #37: May 15, 2008 10:23:26 pm
      Shouldn't it go in the General Football Forum?

And theres already a thread for it.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7656.0.html
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #38: May 15, 2008 10:33:55 pm
      I hav got an answer to all of this

Manchester fertility clinics fear a shortage of sperm donors as 40,000 of their regular Wankers head to Moscow next week :lmao: :lmao:

I go for an abandoned game as there will be far  to much problems off the pitch. ;D ;D

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #39: May 15, 2008 10:46:14 pm
      Prefer Chelsea to win it. I couldn't stand all the mancs around me giving it all that. Seeing all the front pages and watching United lifting big ears would make me wrench.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: May 15, 2008 10:47:23 pm
      If they both put on their normal EPL game when they play each other it'll be a disaster.

Their is one thing I noticed this year both set of players and supporters say this is the biggest game they have played in, remember how both sets of fans have said the Euro Cup is no big deal when Liverpool played in finale's, oh how quickly the worm has turned. I hope they both get stuffed one way or another...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #41: May 15, 2008 11:02:15 pm
      Shouldn't it go in the General Football Forum?

And theres already a thread for it.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7656.0.html

Very true. No threads other than anything relating to LFC, go in The Kop board.

Personally, I hope there's very little trouble in Moscow next week. The behaviour of Rangers fans last night has already been slammed by Gordon Brown. If it all kicks off before or after the final, then there's a slight possibility that there could be consequences. And I really hate to see any trouble with fans no matter who the fans are.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: May 15, 2008 11:05:27 pm
      Very true. No threads other than anything relating to LFC, go in The Kop board.

Personally, I hope there's very little trouble in Moscow next week. The behaviour of Rangers fans last night has already been slammed by Gordon Brown. If it all kicks off before or after the final, then there's a slight possibility that there could be consequences. And I really hate to see any trouble with fans no matter who the fans are.

I'm not too worried about the mancs and the chelsea fans. I don't think they'll kick off with each other. I'm more worried about them both going at the police, because it could get far worse than the Rangers incident last night.
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #43: May 17, 2008 07:11:03 pm
      This really is an awful final and truelly don't want both of them to win it.
      If you have to look at what season they had, i think manure deserve it more than chelsea. They are the better side.
      I hate man utd but at the moment i think i hate chelsea even more. With all this money they got, they hardly challenge for all the prices in a season. They make me sick! I think they're a pathetic side that don't deserve anything so that Abramovic will leave asap.
      They again you wouldn't want the mancs to have a double...forget the fans...the papers won't shut up about it aswell. So it's a really difficult choice.
      Glad it's almost over.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: May 17, 2008 08:45:10 pm
      This really is an awful final and truly don't want both of them to win it.

Don't worry Thunderlara both of them can't win it  ;)

I know exactly what you mean though..........out of choice I wouldn't want either of these teams in the final, but they are there and one of them will win it, I just hope it's dead boring football, with a couple of sending offs, several yellow cards, a good punch up between Ronaldo and Rooney over who takes the penalty, cos there bound to get at least one ::)

Lots of theatrical diving from Drogba, and Fergie choking on his gum when chelski lift the cup..........you never know even Grant might crack his face with a smile :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #45: May 17, 2008 10:58:03 pm
      I'll probably watch the match after saying I wasn't going to but I really don't want the Mancs to win. I dislike Chelsea as much as anyone but the thought of having to watch United lift the European Cup would nearly make me sick!!

Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but the sight of Ferguson dancing on the touch line anymore and I think I will attack the TV. So for the sake of my new LCD I would be happier if Chelsea won. Best of a bad bunch in my opinion.

Quick Reply