Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you rather have win the final?

Mancs (Hitler)
      (12%)
      Chavs (Mussolini)
      (88%)

Champions League Final 08

Read 38164 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Champions League Final 08
      Reply #368: May 22, 2008 05:04:14 pm
      From reading this thread it is apparent that it was a very entertaining encounter for us as Drogba got sent off, Ronaldo missed and so did Terry.  As for the football it was crap, when all the players gathered around the ref, I thought of Eddie's concept of a mass exodus of players being sent off, but like usual one rule for us and another for the rest. 

Totally gutted as there is nothing worst than the scums winning our trophy.

One thing though with our brilliant campaign in the biggest competition in club football maybe we may get a bit of deserved appreciations from the media as now one of their most liked teams have touched the magic trophy, maybe not for us.  But who F***ing cares!  YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #369: May 22, 2008 07:26:11 pm
      This thread made the final interesting not the actual match :D well done everyone
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #370: May 23, 2008 10:16:14 am
      When that c*nt Ronaldo missed his penalty..I thought ...that's it..the Football Gods ::) have finally come to there senses....years upon years of giving those Manc bas**rds all the luck in the world..Chel$ki hit the crossbar, the upright twice, but that tw*t still tries his cheating, dirty run up to take his penalty and misses ;D. The Football gods have had enough  >:( and up steps the captain of the Chavs to kick the winning penalty to end the Mancs years of Jammyness.

Why oh why did they change there mind? Maybe they just wanted to laugh at JT crying again  :f_wah:

I was devastated when he missed...you stupid b***ard JT. You've fu**ed up everything. I don't care about you or your team but until we win next year in Rome, where going to have to hear those Manc bas**rds being referred to as the current UEFA Champions. And for that alone I will hate you for the rest of my life. :f_steam:

King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #371: May 23, 2008 06:44:55 pm
      What"s all this I've been reading about it being a boring game? It certainly wasn't boring, most Champions League Final's are boring, I can't remember another final apart from 2005 that was that entertaining. Do you remember that all Italian affair a few years ago, in the first few minutes I thought that the Italians were going to actually be entertaining because it looked like they were going for it but they reverted to type very quickly and bored the pants off us all...

This was a good game, the first half was all United until Chelsea fluked an equaliser but then Chelsea were best in the second half, I hate penalties because it's not football that wins in the end, it's just who can score from 12 yards. Anyone can miss a penalty, the worst player in the world can score a penalty and the best player in the world can miss, it's a total lottery...

But if either side had to win when it comes down to penalties then I'm glad it was us......:).......
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #372: May 23, 2008 06:58:32 pm
      What"s all this I've been reading about it being a boring game? It certainly wasn't boring, most Champions League Final's are boring, I can't remember another final apart from 2005 that was that entertaining. Do you remember that all Italian affair a few years ago, in the first few minutes I thought that the Italians were going to actually be entertaining because it looked like they were going for it but they reverted to type very quickly and bored the pants off us all...

This was a good game, the first half was all United until Chelsea fluked an equaliser but then Chelsea were best in the second half, I hate penalties because it's not football that wins in the end, it's just who can score from 12 yards. Anyone can miss a penalty, the worst player in the world can score a penalty and the best player in the world can miss, it's a total lottery...

But if either side had to win when it comes down to penalties then I'm glad it was us......:).......

I'll give you it was better than the AC vs Juve final.... buts thats all ;)
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #373: May 24, 2008 11:12:31 am
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3991647.ece

With Avram Grant waiting to discover his fate, Nicolas Anelka has added to the mood of despondency at Stamford Bridge by openly criticising his under-fire manager.

With the Israeli already fearing the worst, despite leading Chelsea to within one penalty kick of winning the biggest prize in European club football for the first time in their history, Anelka has added his weight to the debate. The France forward, know as "Le Sulk" says he is fed up of being played out of position, and also claims he was introduced into Wednesday's Champions League final without being given the chance to warm-up.

Anelka has failed to make a significant impact since he joined Chelsea from Bolton Wanderers in January. He has often had to settle for a place on the bench, behind Didier Drogba, or has been deployed in wide positions. However his season reached a low-point in Moscow when, after coming on for the final ten minutes of extra time, Anelka's decisive penalty was saved by Edwin van der Sar.

"I didn't come here to play on the left or right," he said. "When I came here, people told me I would play in a 4-4-2. In England, I no longer need to prove that I am better through the middle. Since I arrived, I haven't played in my position. Never as a number nine, always on the left or the right.
      ________________________ ________________________ _______

Isn't Anelka's nick-name so fitting? We have Fernando ''EL Nino'' Torres, they have Nocolas ''Le Sulk'' Anelka. Hilarious.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #374: May 24, 2008 11:57:42 am
       :f_wah: dry your eyes nicky or should i say "Le Sulk" :lmao: maybe if you managed to play half decent football you'd be playing  :f_doh: and poor avram, i must say i do find him rather funny as my vice principle looks like him ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #375: May 24, 2008 10:26:36 pm
      Oh my God. How funny were Terry's and Anelka's misses!
      I did watch the game in the end, with a Chelsea fan I know from Uni. By the end I was glad to see Man Utd win it, seeing Giggs that happy made me smile :)
      Boring game though, except for the goal, slap incident and penalties!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #376: May 25, 2008 12:25:02 pm
      Sorry Nic, did I hear you correctly, you were glad the Scum won OUR trophy !  they are not the words of a true LFC fan believe me ! :f_steam:

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #377: May 25, 2008 04:14:35 pm
      Sorry Nic, did I hear you correctly, you were glad the Scum won OUR trophy !  they are not the words of a true LFC fan believe me ! :f_steam:

It's probably due to the fact that she is resigned to losing Aaron Ramsey to them! :lmao:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #378: May 25, 2008 04:33:13 pm

Are LFC fans becoming increasingly tolerant of the Mancs? 

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #379: May 25, 2008 09:25:17 pm

thats because Nicola is a Cardiff fan, Liverpool are her second club ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #380: May 25, 2008 11:11:28 pm
      Yes, (thanks Smigger) and, I wasn't glad they won it and Liverpool didn't.. but glad they won it and not Chelsea.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #381: Jun 07, 2008 12:59:56 pm
      I know a couple of Chelsea fans, they're mates of mine and I don't like Chelsea at all but I don't hate Chelsea as much as they hate United... 

Come to think of it, the only people I know who don't hate United are fellow United fans...........;).............

C'est la vie.............. ;D.................

Quick Reply