Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

God could feature in FA Cup final

Read 4607 times
      BRFC
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      God could feature in FA Cup final
      May 02, 2008 10:15:07 pm
      Found this on the BBC website.

Story

Cardiff manager Dave Jones says Robbie Fowler and Paul Parry may play in the FA Cup final, even if they miss the last league game of the season.
      "It depends how they look, whether that experience is needed in camp," he said.
      Fowler has been out since December with a hip injury, with Parry's hamstring sidelining him for six weeks.
      Both could feature in Sunday's visit of Barnsley to Ninian Park, but even if they do not they could line up against Portsmouth at Wembley on 17 May.
      "We will look at all those scenarios once we get Sunday out of the way," Jones told BBC Sport Wales.
      Cardiff, who will travel to London by train on 16 May, have a late doubt over young defender Darcy Blake, who will miss the Barnsley game with illness.
      Meanwhile, fans' player of the year Roger Johnson says he is flattered to be linked with Premiership side Middlesbrough, but that he wants to play for the Bluebirds in the Premiership.
      "It's nice but it's paper talk, I've not heard anything, nobody at this club has spoken to me about it," the centre-back, who scored against Boro in the FA Cup quarter-final, told BBC Sport Wales.
      Johnson admitted that thoughts at Ninian Park were inevitably turning to dreams of Wembley glory.
      "We've been thinking about it for a while," said Johnson.
      "It's disappointing how our league form dropped, but obviously with one game left now the Cup is on our minds.
      "Barnsley is still a big game, though, as people will be fighting for their Wembley shirts.
      "You can't pull out of tackles - that's not the mind-set and that's how you get injured - but people may be feeling a little bit wary."
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: God could feature in FA Cup final
      Reply #1: May 02, 2008 11:08:42 pm
      I am praying Parry is better. I will be soo gutted, mainly for him, if he doesn't get to play a part in our first FA Cup Final in 81 years.

But. I won't be too amused if Fowler is playing. I don't mind if he's on the bench, in the circumstances that it goes to penalties him and maybe 1 or 2 others (Ledley and Wittingham) are the most likely to score one.. but against David James I'm not so sure. Or plays the last 20 mins if we are getting beaten ridiculously he may give us a bit of hope. But I think he will be too slow. He has been out since December and is suddenly training now we are in a Cup final? Hmmm..

Also, I don't think the players will go by train to London ??? They had lush coaches last time. We cheered for ours and booed the Barnsley one ;D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2008 04:12:31 pm
      Would love to see Robbie et the winner past Jamo.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: May 06, 2008 12:17:58 am
      No offence - but I still can't get over the fact that these two sides are playing in the FA Cup Final.

Truly shocking.  Don't give me any 'good for the game' bollocks.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: May 07, 2008 12:30:43 pm
      Kelv it would be great.. especially in 89th minute ;D.

Why JD? No offence taken, just wondering like.. Gets boring with Chelsea and Man U winning things all the time. It shows having all the money in the world doesn't always get you to finals. Could you believe it when West Ham got there in 2005?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: May 07, 2008 12:45:07 pm
      Kelv it would be great.. especially in 89th minute ;D.

Could you believe it when West Ham got there in 2005?

2006* ::)

Yes because West Ham are better than Pompey & Cardiff!!

True with what you say though, United v Chelsea is as boring as it gets.  It's always good to see something different but I'm with JD on this.

But I hope Fowler comes on & scores the winner any way.  ;)
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: May 08, 2008 06:12:52 pm
      JD would you rather have United or Arsenal or Chelsea in the final? Obivously I'd prefer Liverpool to be there, but if Liverpool aren't there then I'd rather have an under dog team get to the final.

It will still be an entertaining game, but if we cant win the FA cup this season I'd rather no other team in the top four (or Everton) get to the final.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: May 09, 2008 01:05:50 am
      Duuuurh I meant 2006. My brain is all over the place, sorry Court! :( You hate me lately don't you.

Well I'm sorry Cardiff aren't the best team in the world, but I think we've done well in the League and in the FA Cup this season considering our tiny squad, crap training facilities, "star striker" being out since October ::) and £28m debt being made bigger cos of a stupid court case.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2008 03:07:27 pm by Nicola, Reason: wrong names lol »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: May 09, 2008 05:26:42 am
      Heh Nicola you are on fire! It was actually Court that corrected you ;D. I think both of these teams deserved to be where they are and it has been a long journey for both of them to get to the final. I dont know much about Cardiff other than tha Fowler plays there. But I am hoping to see a good game of football and may the best team win!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: May 10, 2008 03:08:55 pm
      Sorry, edited now, my brain is all over the place.. too much revision see ;)
      Thanks mate, I think we deserve it too, we had to play at some sh*t grounds to get there haha - Chasetown, Hereford.. then Wolves (home) and Boro aren't too bad I guess.
      I could give you a quick umm factfile of Cardiff City if u like, or u could search on Wiki and ask any questions you have
      :D

I am gutted that David James has been passed fit for the final.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2008 05:16:13 pm by Nicola »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: May 10, 2008 04:08:53 pm
      I am gutted that David James has been passed fit for the final.

Well may be you shouldn't be too gutted! The thing with Jamo is he may well put in a match winning shift and keep a clean sheet! But he may just flap at a few crosses or go walk about as we found to our cost in the 90's! So Nic you don't know what Jamo will turn up! World class keeper or Dracula (scared of crosses! And if I had a pound for every time a Bitter Blue cracked that joke in the 90's I'd be rich!)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: May 10, 2008 08:34:57 pm
      Hmm.. ok yeah I hope he has an off day :) Cheers you've restored my faith a bit ;D

Watch this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7392664.stm

And also, if you're my friend on Facebook, look at these pics from the build up to the Final:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36475&l=c3276&id=285900606

Not that much but this week the City is gonna be BLUUUUUE!!
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2008 08:38:31 pm by Nicola »
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: God could Feature in FA Cup Final
      Reply #12: May 14, 2008 01:57:20 am
      watching fowler for cardiff i think god has had enough, the pain barrier is hard to take i think the cup final will see him retire
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2008 02:23:36 am by Court LFC »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: May 14, 2008 11:18:46 am
      Yeah I expect this will be his last season playing.. after seeing him talking on SSN this morning I'd feel bad for him not to play a part.. just don't want him to start in front of players who have played the sh*t games this season, not just the glamorous ones like.
      He will be needed if it goes to penalties for sure.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: May 14, 2008 11:25:26 am
      Great news, would be a fairytale ending to God's career if he came on as a sub and popped up with the winner, then went on to lift the cup.

Come on Cardiff ;D
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #15: May 19, 2008 10:57:34 pm
      He didn't play...
      They lost the game
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered