Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Chelsea v Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 28648 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #368: Oct 27, 2008 10:15:02 am
      Just wanted to let everyone know...I made it out of there alive, took the 3 points  ;D and their supporters are the biggest bunch of cu*ts I've ever come across...dirty F***ing pricks...what they were singing made me physically ill......I hate them so much more than I did before the game.....heading back to OZ tonight...had a ball...7 out of 9 points taken but the best result was in this game against these cu*ts, cant wipe the smile off my face ;D...talk to you all when I get back home....see ya... :action-smiley-065: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2008 10:18:12 am by AussieRed »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #369: Oct 27, 2008 10:18:34 am
      Just wanted to let everyone know...I made it out of there alive, took the 3 points  ;D and their supporters are the biggest bunch of cu*ts I've evr come across...dirty F***ing pricks...what they were sining made me physically ill......I hate them so much more than I did before the game.....heading back to OZ tonight...had a ball...7 out of 9 points taken but the best result was in this game against these cu*ts, cant wipe the smile off my face ;D...talk to you all when I get back home....see ya... :action-smiley-065: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Nice one fella! You can come again mate! Our lucky charm! :D

Don't be suprised at what they were singing mate. They're a shower of gobshites for following Chelsea in the first place. Although I'm more suprised they were singing at all! :D

Safe journey home mate. Made up you enjoyed your stay over here.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #370: Oct 27, 2008 10:23:17 am
      Ah what a happy place this forum is when a performance like that is given. Honestly we are winning the league at the moment, and I really hope we don't get ahead of ourselves cause it's only the start of the season and a slump could just knock us off track a little. Had a very tiring day of school day but so worth watching the game!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #371: Oct 27, 2008 10:23:50 am
      Thanks bud......couldnt believe how sh*t there chants were...che, che, Chelsea clap, clap, calap,...wankers....take care mate
      Merseyside
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #372: Oct 27, 2008 10:38:04 am
      Chelsea 0 Liverpool 1

Xabi Alonso’s first-half goal ended Chelsea’s 86-game unbeaten home league record and put Liverpool three points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.................. ....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS.

GO REDS, COME ON LIVERPOOL.......¡¡¡¡ fantastic,incredible,striking, there aren't words to express how I feel.!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #373: Oct 27, 2008 10:38:36 am
      Nice one Aussie have a safe journey home
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #374: Oct 27, 2008 10:44:39 am
      Have a nice trip back then AussieRed, hope the activities of the Chelsea fans have not soured your opinion of England  with 7 out of 9 pts thats a nice discount of your next holiday  ;)
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #375: Oct 27, 2008 10:49:32 am
      Probably the most solid we have looked all season, i gotta say i much prefer Aurelio at left back and Riera had a cracking game. I felt Babel played really well too, how is Keany doing? did he go off cause he isnt fully fit?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #376: Oct 27, 2008 10:53:53 am
      Probably the most solid we have looked all season, I gotta say I much prefer Aurelio at left back and Riera had a cracking game. I felt Babel played really well too, how is Keany doing? did he go off cause he isnt fully fit?

Not too sure actually. Blessing in disguise it was though! Babel's hold up play when he was on was amazing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #377: Oct 27, 2008 12:42:14 pm
      Liverpool end Chelsea's four-year run at Stamford Bridge and top the Premier League
      Chelsea  0 Liverpool  1
      By Henry Winter at Stamford Bridge

For Chelsea, the clocks went back more than an hour, rewinding four years to a time when they last endured the ignominy of defeat at home. For Liverpool, the clocks went back even further, reviving memories of the 1989-1990 season that climaxed in their last title.

This was only one small step in a marathon season, but it felt like a giant stride. Liverpool will believe in their Premier League mission, in their ability to find fruit on awkward soil. Liverpool will know they can seize an early lead, as through the outstanding Xabi Alonso here, and possess the strength of mind and body to resist the opposition.

All sorts of numbers were mentioned here from the 86 games that Chelsea had been unbeaten in their King’s Road fortress, dating back to an Arsenal victory on February 21 2004, to the 48 hours that had elapsed since Luiz Felipe Scolari suggested his team could match Arsenal’s Invincibles and go through the season undefeated.

Names mattered more than numbers. This was a momentous victory for Liverpool carved from the defiance of Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger in thwarting Chelsea’s attackers, to the relentless blocking and tackling of Javier Mascherano and Alonso in midfield and on to the dynamism of Steven Gerrard and Albert Riera in taking the game to Scolari’s defence.

Liverpool were all heart, lungs and flying feet but the key factor was the mind of Benitez. The Spaniard’s tactics were inspired, his game-plan squeezing the life out of Chelsea’s feared spheres of influence. Liverpool doubled up on Chelsea’s usually buccaneering full-backs. Riera, a winger with work-rate, and Fabio Aurelio kept ushering Jose Bosingwa down cul de sacs. Over on the right, Dirk Kuyt and Alvaro Arbeloa stymied Ashley Cole.

In the centre, Liverpool’s 4-2-3-1 formation allowed Gerrard licence to break forward in support of Robbie Keane, knowing that Alonso and Mascherano were on determined sentry duty. Gerrard was also perfectly placed to disrupt Chelsea’s supply convoys masterminded by John Obi Mikel.

Missing Didier Drogba and Joe Cole, Chelsea struggled on the high and low road towards Pepe Reina’s area. Robinho’s hat-trick for Manchester City will have sent rueful thoughts spinning through Chelsea minds. But Liverpool could also mention absent friends, notably Fernando Torres.

For all the understandable focus on Harry Redknapp, this was comfortably the game of the day, of the season even. For the hundreds of millions tuning in worldwide, Chelsea and Liverpool laid on a spectacle not persistently high on technical expression but always compelling.

The fixture has rarely lacked edge. On the terraces, familiar taunts were traded. Chelsea fans mused loudly that their guests had no jobs, prompting Liverpool supporters to retort that their hosts had no European Cups. The competitive fray was swiftly seen on the field, Alonso flying into Frank Lampard with a force that spoke of past meetings as well as present collisions.

Despite a surface made treacherous by the rain, touches of class arose, a reverse pass from Lampard here, a clever flick from Gerrard there. When Liverpool’s captain won a throw-in on the right after 10 minutes, the stage was set for the game’s decisive moment.

When Arbeloa launched the ball into the box, John Terry was most alive to the danger, meeting the throw with a stretching header that clipped Bosingwa and fell invitingly to Alonso, lurking unmarked and dangerous 20 yards out. The Spaniard caught the ball well enough but its journey past Petr Cech required a deviation. Catching Bosingwa en route, Alonso’s shot eluded the wrong-footed Cech.

As Liverpool fans celebrated, as their midfield dominated, Chelsea sought crumbs of comfort such as when Mikel pushed Gerrard into the crowd. Revenge was swift, the Englishman nutmegging the Nigerian. Liverpool would not be bullied, particularly not Riera, blessed with a wonderful left foot and a hunger for life amidst the flying studs.

If Bosingwa suffers a recurring nightmare over the next month it will involve a deft Spaniard ghosting past him. Riera utterly bemused Bosingwa at one point, racing on and shooting just wide. Liverpool remained in ascendancy, Gerrard letting fly with a left-footed strike that Cech did brilliantly to push over. Riera then went round Bosingwa again. Once more, and he would have got to keep him.

Chelsea were stunned, urgently needing leadership. The captain, John Terry, began to bark orders, particularly at Florent Malouda. The usual creative forces, Deco and Lampard, started to show. Lampard briefly escaped the large shadow cast by Gerrard to unleash one of his long-range specials, deflected wide. Then came Deco, exploiting a lapse in control by Gerrard, storming forward but also firing off-target.

With Deco and Lampard more involved, Chelsea finished the first half strongly, knocking long and loud on Liverpool’s back-door but Carragher and Agger stood firm. Some of Liverpool’s tackling was immense, timed to perfection, so it was hugely frustrating when a magnificent challenge by Gerrard on Bosingwa drew a ludicrous caution from Webb.

England’s top referee, the only official deemed good enough for consideration for the 2010 World Cup, misread Gerrard’s intent and was deceived by Bosingwa’s histrionics. The full-back rolled around, knowing that Gerrard, having won the ball fairly, was free to race into untended space. Football must be never be allowed to descend into rollerball, but similarly it must never become non-contact. It’s not ballet.

Chelsea lacked invention, and the closest they came to an equaliser was when Kuyt’s penalty-box push on Ashley Cole went unpunished by Webb. Cole’s habit of moaning again hardly endeared himself to the officials. Occasionally booed by Liverpool fans, Cole also suffered the indignity of his huge poster being defaced outside the Bridge club shop.

Liverpool almost killed off Chelsea midway through the half. When Juliano Belletti kicked Riera in the face, Chelsea’s six-man wall was left redundant as Alonso’s free-kick sped past and thudded into the post with Cech stationary.

When Cole hooked a shot wide, smiles began taking shape on Liverpool faces. At the final whistle, Sammy Lee, that symbol of passion for the red cause, punched the air, Liverpool’s No 2 disappearing under a rare bear-hug from Benitez. Unlike the clocks, Liverpool know they have to keep going forward, keeping their focus if they are to claim the championship again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      CHELSKI V LFC
      Reply #378: Oct 27, 2008 02:46:24 pm
      onece again we came out on top against the chavs,same excuses from the media fact is when we win the prem this time round mega humble pie will have to be eaten
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #379: Oct 27, 2008 07:55:24 pm
      Just wanted to let everyone know...I made it out of there alive, took the 3 points  ;D and their supporters are the biggest bunch of cu*ts I've ever come across...dirty F***ing pricks...what they were singing made me physically ill......I hate them so much more than I did before the game.....heading back to OZ tonight...had a ball...7 out of 9 points taken but the best result was in this game against these cu*ts, cant wipe the smile off my face ;D...talk to you all when I get back home....see ya... :action-smiley-065: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Safe journey Ian, made up you had a good time while you were here !!  Told you all the worry would be over nothing  ;) :D    Come back anytime matey.  Bet Mrs AussieRed and the kids will be made up to see you, take care, speak soon, Smiggs x
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #380: Oct 28, 2008 12:04:46 am
      me mate's brother from Belfast made this pic, says it all really.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #381: Oct 28, 2008 01:18:46 am
      I had to log in for once just to show yis this class post!
      http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57708519&postcount=5741
      HILARIOUS!

I was biting my nails for the whole game and I'm still on a buzz just thinking about it!
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #382: Oct 28, 2008 01:21:20 am
      Brilliant result! and probably the best substitution Rafa has made in a long time, playing away with a 1-0 lead over the current league leaders, I was thinking don't play it safe here, let's keep on as we are, looking for that second goal! And Rafa, (God bless him) brings off Keane, (no slight here for Robbie from me) purely tactical, brings on Babel, as soon as I saw that I thought, we can do this, (the league) if Rafa had brought on a defender for a forward, I would have been dissapointed, but with Babel on the field with his pace and ability, Chelsea had to mark up with 2 defenders and a midfielder dropping back, made it harder to go forward, and as it was they were left with a couple of long range digs! The best, The Best match I've seen for a long time, we were playing some great stuff there in the 2nd half ;D  ;D, unlucky not to get another two goals.

You Mighty Mighty Reds.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #383: Nov 29, 2008 11:11:26 am
      Just a few piccies to maybe close off the thread...hope no one minds.

travelling REDS in full voice after the WIN  ;D

After the game, I turned around to this Chav supporter and said, do you mind taking a photo of me? He said what do you want in the background? I said doesn't matter mate, just here will do  ;D , knowing full well the REDS supporters were right in the background ;D. Dumb b***ard had no idea I was a RED....look at the smile on my face  ;D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #384: Nov 29, 2008 11:40:45 am
      Seeing as you travelled half away round the world, we'll let you bump this thread back up!

Thanks for ending our hoodoo their Aussie - we'll give you a shout next time the chips are down! ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #385: Nov 29, 2008 11:50:41 am
       :lmao:

Cheers JD, more than happy to come back mate...hopefully I won't be needed though  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #386: Nov 29, 2008 03:26:54 pm
      Ian, Ian take the piss!

Love that last photo, smirk showing all over the show.

I could just imagine it: Aussie Red: "here sport, mind taking a photo of me, mate."
                        Very Dumb Cockney: "Yeah, sure, awight!"

Loved the remark to what you want in the background, good work Centurion!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #387: Nov 29, 2008 04:16:18 pm
      Is right Ian!!!  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #388: Nov 29, 2008 04:20:38 pm
      Boss pics them Aussie mate, didn't realise you was related to Mark Butcher though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #389: Nov 30, 2008 05:27:54 am
      Cheers Kenny and Huyton...thanks fellas

Ahem...thanks DLS  :-\      ;)

Quick Reply