Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nikola Saric (Herfolge)

Read 6517 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Nikola Saric (Herfolge)
      Reply #23: Jun 29, 2008 04:00:34 am
      You hope we do? So you'd rather we played some youth for the sake of giving them experience rather than playing our best team, even if that means playing some 28 year old instead of a promising 19 year old? I'm all for youth, and I've constantly cried for Rafa to use a youth team in the Carling Cup, but sacrficing our first team just because there are younger players who in a year or two might be better isn't going to get us near a title this year.

If you read my post carefully, i said hopefully they will play A PART in the first team.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: Jul 07, 2008 03:28:25 pm
      REDS SWOOP FOR DANISH STARLET
      Steve Hunter 07 July 2008 from lfc.tv

Liverpool have signed promising Danish youth international striker Nikola Saric on a three year deal.
      The 17-year-old, who was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia, is an Under-18 international for Denmark.

The former Herfolge player was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

In 2007 Saric was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year.

That's good for our reserve team!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Jul 07, 2008 03:35:10 pm
      REDS SWOOP FOR DANISH STARLET
      Steve Hunter 07 July 2008 from lfc.tv

Liverpool have signed promising Danish youth international striker Nikola Saric on a three year deal.
      The 17-year-old, who was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia, is an Under-18 international for Denmark.

The former Herfolge player was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

In 2007 Saric was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year.

That's good for our reserve team!

Hope he's better than Brouwer.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Jul 07, 2008 06:10:11 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has beaten off strong competition from a number of clubs to sign Danish teenage striker Nikola Saric on a three-year-deal.

The 17-year-old former Herfolge player was thought to interest clubs such as Barcelona and Spurs.

But Benitez has won the race for the player, who was recently on trial with SC Heerenveen at the Otten Cup tournament, hosted by PSV Eindhoven.

Saric told Herfolge's official website: "Of course, I want to join Liverpool FC.

"I will get to train with the big names over there and develop in the reserves.

Tremendous chance
      "It is a tremendous chance for me and I am very happy.

"Since I feel the time is right and that I am mature enough for a new challenge, we have been waiting for the right club to come with an offer."

Herfolge sports director Per Rud was also pleased to secure the deal with the Reds.

He said: "We have tried to protect Nikola as much as we could, but you can't control the media.

"It is unbelievable how many enquiries we have got on Nikola, but when it comes to serious negotiations, it has been far between them.

Proud
      "We are happy and proud that Nikola will join one of the best clubs in the world.

"We are also happy that Herfolge have earned some money and we feel we have deserved that."

Saric was born in Sarajevo but is a Danish Under-18 international and was named Denmark's Under-17 Player of the Year in 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona eh!

Quick Reply