Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15404 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)
      Reply #115: Jul 06, 2008 04:34:30 pm
      Brilliant, just a wonderful player. I feel probably the most under rated player in England. If Bent is worth 18 million, Crouch is 45 million easily. Unexpected technique from the 6'7 striker really catches out defences.

The most disappointing thing besides losing him is if Rafa decides to have another striker up front with Nando. Crouchy is the perfect support striker and to lose him for 10 million and spend 15+ on Keane would make me upset. I dont think Nando needs a support striker anyway, plays perfect alone up top being played through by midfielders.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #116: Jul 06, 2008 06:59:02 pm
      If true then good luck big lad , still think he should of played against chelsea in champions league semi , but great mems , we as a club have made him a better player all round . good luck peter , robotic master .
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #117: Jul 07, 2008 12:34:05 am
      Peter Crouch

He's big, he's red, his feet stick out the bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch

What a bargain Pompey are getting, gave us whole new dimension whenever he played.

I will remember Crouch for his overhead kicks against Bolton and Galatasaray

Anh his Right foot - goal. Forehead - goal. Left foot - goal. A perfect hat-trick, against Arsenal at Anfield

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsUjH7OlXY&feature=related

Such a shame Rafa couldnt of fitted him into his plans on a more regular basis

Beautiful hat-trick vs Arsenal.. Always loved the big guy but he deserves better then being a bench warmer. Good luck to him!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #118: Jul 07, 2008 12:39:05 am
      Its not official yet so it could just be paper talk ;)
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #119: Jul 07, 2008 01:07:32 pm
      Looks like the big man's gone,we've accepted Portsmouth's bid or so it says on ssn :'(
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #120: Jul 07, 2008 01:14:19 pm
      Thanks Peter your efforts were much appreciated mate, just a pity Rafa couldnt find somewhere in the team for you.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #121: Jul 07, 2008 01:15:47 pm
      looks like your all but gone pete, good luck in pompy just try not to score against us ;)
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #122: Jul 07, 2008 01:29:54 pm
      Greetings, fellow Liver-mates, from Athens/Greece (an official LFC Greek supporter).

It's well said that the "Big Man" MUST NOT be a bench warmer player!
      But I don't understanding the 90% of Liverpool's supporters, that they ACCEPTING with grief, any action of this Spanish coach (Rafa)!
      Most of Liver-mates, they're supporting Rafa in every action of his, even if some actions are THAT MUCH STUPID, like... letting Peter go away!!!
      One of the BEST ENGLISH players of the last years, the No1 starting player in the English National Squad! And "we" (Rafa), DON'T NEED HIM!
      And "we" (Rafa) treating him like garbage (having him on the bench, in almost all games) and then... to "play the good fellow to the Media"... "we" (Rafa) offers NEW CONTRACT to Peter... but "we" (Rafa) saying to him that "we" (Rafa) MAY NEED HIM, IN SOME GAMES!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!! WHAT BOLLOCKS, are all of these!!!

Excuse me, dear fellow Liver-mates, but to me... a 40 years old person that was fortuned and watched the OLD GLORIOUS "REDS'" DAYS (like the Rome 1984's Final!), this Spanish coach will be LIVERPOOL's... DISASTER!
      The fellow (Rafa) is an exceptional coach indeed... but DON'T "FITS" to Liverpool Fc... nor to ANY BRITISH club! The man, CAN'T understand the British footie, for Christ's sake!... Just watch what he's trying to do... "TRANSFORMING" LFC to a... Spanish/Latino team!!! Check the present roster or the players he wants to get to our club! ALMOST ALL ARE "Latinos"!!!

Anyway... I'll be SO SAD, if Pit will leave! We're loosing A SO GREAT PLAYER...

Cheers to all...
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      Reply #123: Jul 07, 2008 01:32:56 pm
      WHY YOU people always saying... "Rafa couldn't find a place for Pit"???

He can ALWAYS using Crouch WITH Torres... and Kuyt as RIGHT WINGER, as he was using him last season...

Crouch AND Torres AND Kuyt, they ALL can be together! We don't have to be coaches, to understand this!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #124: Jul 07, 2008 01:38:22 pm
      Greetings, fellow Liver-mates, from Athens/Greece (an official LFC Greek supporter).

It's well said that the "Big Man" MUST NOT be a bench warmer player!
      But I don't understanding the 90% of Liverpool's supporters, that they ACCEPTING with grief, any action of this Spanish coach (Rafa)!
      Most of Liver-mates, they're supporting Rafa in every action of his, even if some actions are THAT MUCH STUPID, like... letting Peter go away!!!
      One of the BEST ENGLISH players of the last years, the No1 starting player in the English National Squad! And "we" (Rafa), DON'T NEED HIM!
      And "we" (Rafa) treating him like garbage (having him on the bench, in almost all games) and then... to "play the good fellow to the Media"... "we" (Rafa) offers NEW CONTRACT to Peter... but "we" (Rafa) saying to him that "we" (Rafa) MAY NEED HIM, IN SOME GAMES!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!! WHAT BOLLOCKS, are all of these!!!

Excuse me, dear fellow Liver-mates, but to me... a 40 years old person that was fortuned and watched the OLD GLORIOUS "REDS'" DAYS (like the Rome 1984's Final!), this Spanish coach will be LIVERPOOL's... DISASTER!
      The fellow (Rafa) is an exceptional coach indeed... but DON'T "FITS" to Liverpool Fc... nor to ANY BRITISH club! The man, CAN'T understand the British footie, for Christ's sake!... Just watch what he's trying to do... "TRANSFORMING" LFC to a... Spanish/Latino team!!! Check the present roster or the players he wants to get to our club! ALMOST ALL ARE "Latinos"!!!

Anyway... I'll be SO SAD, if Pit will leave! We're loosing A SO GREAT PLAYER...

Cheers to all...

I see what your saying. Although theres the problem that we probably have to sell to buy this summer, and £10million is a decent amount for Crouchy. We really do need to raise a bit of cash to strengthen other area that need it (I.e. on the wings). If we stick with Babel on the left of the 4-2-3-1 formation then I really do feel we need a top notch right winger. Maybe Barry is being brought in to play on the left of that and Babel is going over to the right?

WHY YOU people always saying... "Rafa couldn't find a place for Pit"???

He can ALWAYS using Crouch WITH Torres... and Kuyt as RIGHT WINGER, as he was using him last season...

Crouch AND Torres AND Kuyt, they ALL can be together! We don't have to be coaches, to understand this!

I would say Kuyt was used at an attacking right sided player. Although he did do well tracking back now and again. If another winger comes in I can't see Kuyt being played there much next season.
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      Reply #125: Jul 07, 2008 01:49:06 pm
      To me, dear mate (I was an ex-semi-pro-gollie), I would use Fernando as Second Striker JUST A BIT behind "Big-Pit", Kuyt as Right-Winger (he PROVED in EURO2008, he can play excellent in the Right Wing!), a decent Left Winger (I would love to see a "Frenchie" in this position!), a descent Defender Middle-Fielder (probably a "Jerrie", a Skandinavian or an Italian) and... OF COURSE NOT, LATINOS for Defenders!!!
      JESUS!
      Name me ONE Latino or Spanish team, with DECENT DEFENCE, BETTER than Central/Northern European teams!
      That's my point...
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #126: Jul 07, 2008 01:52:08 pm
      To me, dear mate (I was an ex-semi-pro-gollie), I would use Fernando as Second Striker JUST A BIT behind "Big-Pit", Kuyt as Right-Winger (he PROVED in EURO2008, he can play excellent in the Right Wing!), a decent Left Winger (I would love to see a "Frenchie" in this position!), a descent Defender Middle-Fielder (probably a "Jerrie", a Skandinavian or an Italian) and... OF COURSE NOT, LATINOS for Defenders!!!
      JESUS!
      Name me ONE Latino or Spanish team, with DECENT DEFENCE, BETTER than Central/Northern European teams!
      That's my point...

How many goals did Spain concede in Euro 2008?
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      Reply #127: Jul 07, 2008 01:52:19 pm
      BTW... this SKRTEL fellow,... is probably the MOST EXCELLENT transfer we made, in the last seasons!
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      Reply #128: Jul 07, 2008 02:09:21 pm
      How many goals did Spain concede in Euro 2008?

Excuse me...
      A Spanish Team, FOR ONCE, after a HALF OF CENTURY (!), they made it and won the trophy!!! EVEN THE SPANISH citizens couldn't believe their team's success!!! And the Spanish people DIDN'T BELIEVE to their team!
      So... Just because for ONCE, a Spanish team had a great performance... that making them GREAT... Defenders???????????
      And also, you NEVER comparing a NATIONAL TEAM, with a club!

The Latin/Spanish teams, in ALL THESE CENTURIES (sic!), they're famous/notorious for their... ATTACKING talent, NOT for their Defence!
      Everybody knows that!
      Do you need good defence? You're ALWAYS looking for "Jerries"/Italians/Skandinavians/Central Europeans!

And just because "you" (Rafa) are Spanish - and like ALMOST all the Spanish, "you" (Rafa) are not educated and know to speaking Spanish! - "you" (Rafa) are choosing that kind of Nationality players!!! Is it... or is it not BOLLOCKS, all of these???

(Remember OTTO RECHAGEL, Greece's coach... Because HE'S ALSO SPEAKS ONLY GERMAN, he's choosing GERMAN SPEAKING PLAYERS for the Greece squad. But these players are not THAT GOOD enough and they're... GRAND-DADs, by now!)
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      Reply #129: Jul 07, 2008 02:12:31 pm
      So... with YOUR point of view...
      GREEK NATIONAL TEAM... just because the... planets gone in one line and the... Olympic Gods gave their favor, WON the trophy back in 2004 and... the Greek players became... GOOD PLAYERS - and the Greek footie, a good footie!
      HAHAHAHAHA!
      You watched "how great" footie the Greeks are playing, even after theire success in 2004...
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #130: Jul 07, 2008 02:15:01 pm
      And also, you NEVER comparing a NATIONAL TEAM, with a club!

I wasn't comparing them with any club. Just stating that they conceded very little at Euro 2008. This was in response to...

OF COURSE NOT, LATINOS for Defenders!!!
      JESUS!
      That's my point...

And they are a team? You didn't state I had to think of a club?
      COATSY
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts | -9 
      Reply #131: Jul 07, 2008 02:23:17 pm
      STOP SLAGIN RAFA UR NOT EVEN FROM HERE U KNOW NOTHIN SO WAT U TRYIN TO SAY GET RID OF TORRES COZ HES SPANISH SORRY BUT NO CROUCH JUST ISNT BETTER SO WHO DO U GET RID OFF CROUCH OR TORRES U KNOW THE ANSWER AND I DO AND EVERYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER SO SHUT THE F**k UP IF THEYRE GOOD ENOUGH THEY COME NOT COZ THEY SPANISH LUCUS BRAZILIAN KUYT DUTCH BABBLE DUTCH GERRAD ENGLISH SO SHUT THE F**k UP
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #132: Jul 07, 2008 02:25:41 pm
      STOP SLAGIN RAFA UR NOT EVEN FROM HERE U KNOW NOTHIN SO WAT U TRYIN TO SAY GET RID OF TORRES COZ HES SPANISH SORRY BUT NO CROUCH JUST ISNT BETTER SO WHO DO U GET RID OFF CROUCH OR TORRES U KNOW THE ANSWER AND I DO AND EVERYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER SO SHUT THE F**k UP IF THEYRE GOOD ENOUGH THEY COME NOT COZ THEY SPANISH LUCUS BRAZILIAN KUYT DUTCH BABBLE DUTCH GERRAD ENGLISH SO SHUT THE F**k UP

Chill lad. His Englsh probably isn't the best so now and again he may be misunderstood. I don't think he mean't get rid of Torres, just that Torres should play off of Crouchy.

Just because he's not from England or Liverpool, doesn't mean he's less of a fan.
      COATSY
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts | -9 
      Reply #133: Jul 07, 2008 02:31:24 pm
      OK BUT DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT HE JUDGIN PLAYERS ON WERE THEYRE FROM RAFA IS AGREAT MANAGER AND WILL BRING TITLE HOME WERE IT BELONGS AND I WAS JUST MAKIN APOINT THAT TORRES IS SPANISH SHOULD WE GET RID OF HIM I DONT THINK SO HE DOESNT HAVE A CLUE AND I SUPPORT OUR FANS IN OTHER COUNTRYS
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #134: Jul 07, 2008 02:31:50 pm
      I dont see how someone from Greece can say how rafa doesnt understand english football because he's spanish... makes no sence
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #135: Jul 07, 2008 02:34:47 pm
      I dont see how someone from Greece can say how rafa doesnt understand english football because he's spanish... makes no sence

Prime example of Rafa understanding english football... Fernando Torres.

His goal scoring record wasn't exactly out of this world for Spain or Atletico, yet he was willing to pay £20million+ because he knew Torres would suit the pace of the Premiership. Now look. 33 goals in his debut season.
      COATSY
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts | -9 
      Reply #136: Jul 07, 2008 02:36:05 pm
      i know look at fergie he from scotland dont like the guy but great manager or venga arsenal manager cant spell his name but coz there not from england does that mean they dont know the english game just a greek dick head
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #137: Jul 07, 2008 02:37:35 pm

Theres no need for that mate. Everyone has an opinion. They are there to be agreedand disagreed with.

Quick Reply