Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15414 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Benitez wants £15million for Crouch
      Reply #23: May 09, 2008 06:43:33 am
      Crouchy for 15 million is fair. England international, big game scorer, brilliant technique and holds it up in the final third with ease. Tell me now that he doesnt warrant 15 million. If you heard that sort of description without any name put to it then you would say 20 million or there abouts.

Crouch is very under rated by many and because of his stature and lack of pace people think he isnt worth the money. Shame.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2008 05:00:14 pm
      So to those people saying he is good, a 20 goal per season striker, etc etc, I would ask the question, why doesn't he get played along side Torres up front?

My opinion is that would be a better tactic to score more goals and win more games.

Other clubs are well aware he is not in Rafa's plans, except as a sub, and fill in for non important fixtures. If the 15 million price tag scares people off, then he will be kept on, not be given a proper chance, and next season end up leaving for free when his contract runs out. Instead of getting 12-15 million for a player Rafa really has little time for, he ends up with nothing.
      Saying to a player he has to compete with Torres for a place, hardly giving him any game time, then saying to other clubs he is worth 15 million seems to me to be a big contradiction. Either keep him and play him along side Torres, or sell him for 7-8 million, and get your money back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2008 06:27:24 pm
      Asking for 15 clearly means you would be happy with 12.

kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2008 07:17:50 pm
      Id rather see him stay but if we get £15m then we cant complain Crouch needs to be playing week in week out and he wont under Rafa,lets hope the money is well spent on a replacement.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #27: May 09, 2008 09:51:25 pm
      Asking for 15 clearly means you would be happy with 12.

I was going to say that myself, by asking £15mill for crouch other clubs may feel that they are saving money and offer £12mill were i think rafa knows rightly that £10mill is a good price for pete. IMO this is a stroke of genious for rafa and to be honest i would have thought of the same plan ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #28: May 09, 2008 10:28:06 pm
      I feel that 15m is a decent valuation not just because of his ability to be a nuisance for defenders and his ability to score goals, but apart from his ability I just feel that any decent club like for example, portsmouth, Newcastle or any other will be getting a player for the long term.  These sort of clubs will sign players but then lose them after a few years if they're successful.  If he had an extra year on his contract I really think we could extract 15m for him added with Parry being in the picture not too confident but should get well over 10m. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: May 09, 2008 10:30:44 pm
      Crouchie still has a luxury apartment down on the South Coast, so he must have known he was never destined to stay at Liverpool on a long term basis.

Good luck to him, he deserves to be playing more regular football, won't do his England chances any good sitting on the bench and only getting 20 minutes every now and then.

To be honest I think he has been treated rather badly at Liverpool, he's never really been given a fair crack of the whip this season, when he has come on, he's done alright and often scored, never had a consistent run in the team.

Shame really.

Good Luck Peter if you decide to move on, just don't score against us eh !! ;D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #30: May 10, 2008 02:17:58 am
      Agree MsGerrard sorta feel sorry for him

Met him in a club too about a year ago too and hes actually a really good lad and down to earth - didnt mind having  a chat with normal peeps
      (actually met james beattie too on the same night - absolute prat who thinks hes jesus incarnate)

I thinks hes worth near that price anyway as seems to pull it out in big games

Good luck with whatever happens anyways
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #31: May 10, 2008 03:21:45 pm
      I'm not really crazy about a lone striker upfront. I think we can better strengthen other areas of defence and midfield than getting rid of Crouch and getting another striker, or sticking with a lone striker.
      liverpoolfan1970
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #32: May 11, 2008 03:28:46 pm
      I don't think it is so much that Rafa wants to get rid of Crouch as it is that Crouch feels he "deserves" to start.  Thats not the Rafa way.  Then you add into it the fact that 4-2-3-1 seems to suit the players we have and it is obvious that Crouch's place will be on the bench as a sub or a starter in FA Cup games, Carling Cup matches and some Champions League matches.  If he doesn't want to take a less prominent role in a big club like LFC then he is going to have to take a more prominent role on a lesser club.  Good luck to him. 
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #33: May 11, 2008 07:07:35 pm
      Rafa has left the ball in his court and does think he is a good player. However today to be completely ommited from the squad does seem to shows that Peter Crouch wants more games and is prepared to leave to do that. Im very disappointed that he is leaving and feel with his height and his excellent goal per game ratio he should stay and could prehaps have provided a productive relationshipwith Torres. Howver nine league starts is very disappointing especially with him being leading goal scorer last season.
       Yet Rafa does not liked to be messed around and is preapared to be ruthless. I'll be upset when he leaves but Rafa im sure will spend the 15 million pounds well.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: May 11, 2008 08:25:03 pm
      How can people say that Crouch isn't worth 15mill or maybe 14mill when the likes of Bent and other strikers are going at the same price. Its crazy. Crouch is a top class striker.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #35: May 11, 2008 09:27:46 pm
      How can people say that Crouch isn't worth 15mill or maybe 14mill when the likes of Bent and other strikers are going at the same price. Its crazy. Crouch is a top class striker.

Don't delude yourself, a top class striker is someone like Villa, Torres or Eto'o. Peter Crouch is a good striker, not top class.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2008 09:31:17 pm
      Don't delude yourself, a top class striker is someone like Villa, Torres or Eto'o. Peter Crouch is a good striker, not top class.

I totally agree there mate, I would put the likes of Villa, Torres, Henry in that catagory, but for Crouch he is a very good striker, but not top class.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #37: May 11, 2008 09:36:40 pm
      I totally agree there mate, I would put the likes of Villa, Torres, Henry in that catagory, but for Crouch he is a very good striker, but not top class.

Thanks

I just hate the way some of our players can be so overrated by our own fans. There is a reason why we finished 4th and won nothing, now we need to wake up and realise who is actually good enough for us and who isn't, Crouch isn't and that's a good start!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: May 11, 2008 09:52:53 pm
      Thanks

I just hate the way some of our players can be so overrated by our own fans. There is a reason why we finished 4th and won nothing, now we need to wake up and realise who is actually good enough for us and who isn't, Crouch isn't and that's a good start!

Well I think you're right on one thing by saying a lot of fans overrate our players.  But I wouldn't say Crouch isn't good enough.  I think he's good enough to come off the bench! 

Think about it, defenders absolutely hate marking players like Crouch.  He's a handful & he's capeable of scoring.

It's always good to have different players who have different styles of play.  Crouch has a rare style.  The only striker who is probably the same, but is a better version of Crouch has to be Adebeyor.

Obviously I wouldn't say no if £15 Million came in, but if not I'd be very happy to keep Crouch.  But not as a definite starter every game (which he isn't any way). 

But I bet the sound of David Villa & Torres running around and tiring out defenders (with a few goals behind them both) & then Crouch to come on & defenders will just knacker away!  ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #39: May 11, 2008 09:57:24 pm
      Crouch is different, but when I see United brining someone like Tevez off the bench does often make me think that that's the level you need to be at to seriously challenge for the league.

Same with Barca bringing a certain Henry off the bench...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: May 11, 2008 10:07:20 pm
      Crouch is different, but when I see United brining someone like Tevez off the bench does often make me think that that's the level you need to be at to seriously challenge for the league.

Same with Barca bringing a certain Henry off the bench...

Ah, onto.

But I think Rafa is doing a good job of building a team.  Don't forget Alex Ferguson nearly got the sack on the final day of the season because Utd were on the brink of being relegated!!!

It still took Ferguson a few good years to actually win the League.  Rafa needs more patience.  I don't think we'll win the League next season, but we will go close. 

That depending on who he signs & if he signs for quality or quantity.  I think he's going to sign a bit of both.  We need to sort out or wing backs, and wingers first!  Which the money Crouch can attract would help towards that.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #41: May 11, 2008 10:12:14 pm
      We could do with four new players to come into the first team if we want to 'win' the title. To challenge maybe not but still we'd need a bit more quality.

LB
      RB
      LW
      RW
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: May 11, 2008 10:20:44 pm
      LB - Gabriel Heinze
      RB - ???
      LW - Silva
      RW - Quaresma

Hmm...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #43: May 11, 2008 10:24:13 pm
      LB - Gabriel Heinze
      RB - ???
      LW - Silva
      RW - Quaresma

Hmm...

I got bad feeling that Real Madrid are going to sign Quaresma.
      Silva would be perfect and Heinze can do the defensive job we need there. Right back we are not too bad but do need to strenghten.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: May 11, 2008 11:18:36 pm

Yeah and the players you have mentioned are 25 million plus players so do as we have done and make fair comparisons
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #45: May 11, 2008 11:52:45 pm
      Yeah and the players you have mentioned are 25 million plus players so do as we have done and make fair comparisons

That is a fair comparision, they are both strikers no? Doesn't matter if they are valued at £25m or so, the point I made was Crouch is not a top class striker and players like David Villa and Samuel Eto'o are who probably would cost £25m. You won't win the league without players of this quality, Crouch will not win us the league...

Quick Reply