Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

COD4 v GTA4

Read 4074 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      COD4 v GTA4
      May 08, 2008 07:56:45 pm
      I do have my doubts about this game. It is over hyped and the online gaming doesn't have a patch on COD4
      It doesn't have a patch on COD4 when it comes to graphics either, aswell as tactics and sharpness of the game.

I'd say GTAIV has a bigger map then all of COD4 maps put together and obviously it's an adventure game but in no way is it superior to COD4.

You might think that the grapics are good on GTA4, yes they are but they don't have the brilliance in the small detail that COD4 has as it looks totally realistic!

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #1: May 09, 2008 12:10:34 pm
      15.06% for me! Probably 'cos I can't get the fooking thing online yet! :-\

Call of Duty 4 is amazing Ra Ra but it really is a different kind of game! Drawing camparisons is like saying Carragher's a much better defender than Ronaldinho! ;) I see what you're saying though, the smaller details on COD4 are more apparent! You could sy that about FIFA 08 though, the balls of sweat on the players after half an hour of a match!

Back on topic anyways! ;) I've only just done the No Love Lost mission! What a b***ard! Took me about 10 goes, could I f*ck survive it! How did anyone else do it, as I worked out a great little shitbag tactic! 8)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #2: May 09, 2008 12:46:00 pm
      15.06% for me! Probably 'cos I can't get the fooking thing online yet! :-\

Call of Duty 4 is amazing Ra Ra but it really is a different kind of game! Drawing camparisons is like saying Carragher's a much better defender than Ronaldinho! ;) I see what you're saying though, the smaller details on COD4 are more apparent! You could sy that about FIFA 08 though, the balls of sweat on the players after half an hour of a match!

Back on topic anyways! ;) I've only just done the No Love Lost mission! What a b***ard! Took me about 10 goes, could I f*ck survive it! How did anyone else do it, as I worked out a great little shitbag tactic! 8)

Carragher scores more goals than Jeffers ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #3: May 09, 2008 10:14:47 pm
      I do have my doubts about this game. It is over hyped and the online gaming doesn't have a patch on COD4
      It doesn't have a patch on COD4 when it comes to graphics either, aswell as tactics and sharpness of the game.

I'd say GTAIV has a bigger map then all of COD4 maps put together and obviously it's an adventure game but in no way is it superior to COD4.

You might think that the grapics are good on GTA4, yes they are but they don't have the brilliance in the small detail that COD4 has as it looks totally realistic!

emm there 2 completly different types of games so i dont think thats really a relevant argument :S GTA is more about gameplay than graphics COD4 is mostly about graphics
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #4: May 10, 2008 12:30:15 am
      Yep - not too sure why we are comparing GTA4 with Call of Duty 3 to be honest.

FPS always fare well graphically as they are relatively simple games in comparison.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #5: May 10, 2008 10:25:35 am
      Carragher scores more goals than Jeffers ;)

:D Smart arse! :P

emm there 2 completly different types of games so I dont think thats really a relevant argument :S GTA is more about gameplay than graphics COD4 is mostly about graphics

Yep - not too sure why we are comparing GTA4 with Call of Duty 3 to be honest.

FPS always fare well graphically as they are relatively simple games in comparison.

Precisely! :D

Has anyone actually watched the telly on it for a bit? The piss take of Cribs had me in stitches!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #6: May 10, 2008 11:27:05 am
      emm there 2 completly different types of games so I dont think thats really a relevant argument :S GTA is more about gameplay than graphics COD4 is mostly about graphics

Total bollocks mate!

COD4 has the slickest of movements a game has ever had, how it can be only about graphics would be beyond me imagination. The sharpness in the movement and the close reality of what that game is about makes it one of the best I've ever played.

GTAIV is potentialy the best game out, but the character sharpness lets down big time - especially the shooting!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #7: May 10, 2008 01:31:21 pm

GTAIV is potentially the best game out, but the character sharpness lets down big time - especially the shooting!

Because its not a shooter??

realisticly as already said the is no reason what so ever to compare the 2 games, they are probably the best to games out on either systems so take them for what the both are, excellent games, in the end it come down to what YOU like but in my book both are 10/10 and i'm gonna be playing both for a long time (even tho CoD has been out for over 7months already :D  )
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: COD4 v GTA4
      Reply #8: May 10, 2008 02:45:00 pm
      Split this topic because it was taking over the GTA thread.

Call of Duty is a FPS (First Person Shooter).  It stands to reason therefore that this aspect is going to be much better than in a game where it is only one element.

The kicking a ball aspect of FIFA 08 is also much better than the kicking of a can aspect of GTA4.

And World Championship Snooker PS3 is, surprisingly, better than when you take your gf to play pool in GTA4.

Is this point understood yet?

I don't remember pulling up in the pits in Gran Turismo, picking up a hooker and then getting out and using my shotgun to get my money back.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: May 10, 2008 05:07:52 pm
      I don't remember pulling up in the pits in Gran Turismo, picking up a hooker and then getting out and using my shotgun to get my money back.

:D :D :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: May 10, 2008 10:44:45 pm
      Listen

GTAIV has so much to do on the game, but because there is so much to do nothing is perfect on it. The shooting, driving and everything else. It's good at everything it does but it's not amazing, but yeah COD4 has less to do that GTAIV but it's amazing at what it's about.

GTAIV = Quantity (Pennant, Kuyt, Benayoun)
      COD4 = Quality (Torres)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: May 11, 2008 02:33:13 pm
      Haha, Ra Ra I think you need to get your comparisons sorted. Using football player metaphors isn't helping either. :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: May 11, 2008 03:31:18 pm
      Haha, Ra Ra I think you need to get your comparisons sorted. Using football player metaphors isn't helping either. :D

In fact if you don't understand what I'm talking about then ask someone else, or go back to school :)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: May 11, 2008 04:02:32 pm
      Er, actually I was joking, I'm perfectly able to understand your clever analogy, by saying you need to clear up your comparisons I was just agreeing with what most others have said with comparing two completely different games. They're both great and I play em both, but I could never directly compare them.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: May 12, 2008 09:50:20 am

My fault that, I started it! ;)

GTAIV has so much to do on the game, but because there is so much to do nothing is perfect on it.

A game of this type is never going to have everything spot on! Gran Turismo would have perfect driving dynamics as it's a driving game! COD4 is much the same with it's shooting physics, bullet trajectory and so on! Then there's the pedestrian part of the game, the communications, the fighting, etc.

But for a game to integrate all of these things and switch between them with a push of a button to get in / out a car, to play fairly enjoyably and still be a joy to look at is an excellent bit of engineering and should be applauded, not slagged off! :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: May 13, 2008 01:07:37 pm
      You fail to understand, GTA has a very good story line but the things you can do on the game are good but not great, where the things you can do on COD4 are great.

Of course these games can be compared, they both involve killing others!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: May 14, 2008 08:53:46 am
      You fail to understand, GTA has a very good story line but the things you can do on the game are good but not great, where the things you can do on COD4 are great.

Of course these games can be compared, they both involve killing others!

Yeah we're on that, it's been established that you kill on both games. :D

But they're two completely different game engines! COD4 just has you run, hide, shoot, stab or melee when the situation calls for it. As this engine is pretty basic, it leaves for a lot more room for graphics and all the tiny details which make the game a joy to behold! I think it's the first game I've ever sat and watched a friend play while in genuine awe at the visuals!

Then you have GTA IV! The people who produce this game have to integrate a variety of different control engines and dynamics and make them run seamlessly at the touch of a button, and sometimes at the same time! (driving and shooting, for example) This would explain the games (not so apparent) graphic shortcomings on COD4!

COD4 has a few things to do on it! Do a level, don't get killed and kill as many as you can whilst doing it! The majority of the activities in the missions (such as taking out tanks, sniping from distance) all involve shooting dynamics. There's the odd one (where you have to carry your leader, for example) where the dynamic differs from that of a normal shooting game! There isn't that much to integrate when your speaking of these things to do on the game!

I, of course, can't comment on the gameplay whilst online! ;) I'll get back to you with that one!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #17: May 14, 2008 02:54:59 pm
      COD4 takes far more skill though. I just think it's far more addictive and realistic. To be honest I expected far more from GTA4, especially as they took twice the time that COD4 took to make their game.

It's just like other GTA games but with better graphics, swarmed with cops on every road which is ridiculous and full of idiotic American's online who think they are full time gangstas!

Thought I will have to say overall it's my 2nd best game. I do hope they keep making GTA games but please not in Liberty City, the worst map possible!

Quick Reply