Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Steve Bennet wins 3-0

Read 7230 times
      emmadean
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Steve Bennet wins 3-0
      Reply #69: Mar 26, 2008 07:49:16 pm
      no one seems to be saying anything about gerrards  skills as a captain, or lack of them. i think he should of jumped in,just maybe mash wouldnt of been sent off. he didnt even have a word with the ref after the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #70: Mar 27, 2008 06:45:14 am
      no one seems to be saying anything about gerrards  skills as a captain, or lack of them. I think he should of jumped in,just maybe mash wouldnt of been sent off. he didnt even have a word with the ref after the game.

Alot have questioned Gerrard's captaincy in the game. He was disappointing as a leader.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #71: Mar 27, 2008 07:36:48 am
       One thing is sure you cannot fault Masch for his enthusiasm  and his pride in wearing the Liverpool Shirt.He may have slipped up by protesting to the ref but his heart was in the right place and most important he does not like losing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Mar 27, 2008 08:08:51 am
      No doubt Billy, he has the passion of a scouser but he took it too far IMO on the weekend and deserves 1 week for it but the FA might make an example using him and that worries me because anything more than 1 week is very idiotic.

I still love the lad and if you look at it from another perspective it, some could argue he was the first to have the balls to stand up to the ref against the mancs. Actually, i might use that argument against my scummy b***ard mates ;)
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #73: Mar 27, 2008 08:22:57 am
      Looking at this from a neautral perspective Im happy that they are trying to do away with all the chit chat because I've always hoped that referees would tighten up on it.

What pisses me off is that it had to happen to us.....on a DERBY!!! I would have thought it would happen to the regular infringers like chelsea.

Passion can sometimes be a blessing and a curse. He had too much of it and lost his head when he should have controlled himself and deserves the punishment handed out to him. He's only 23, he'll learn from this and it'll make him stronger.
      Presco
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts | -3 
      Reply #74: Mar 27, 2008 08:53:21 am
      The ref sending off of masch is not what i see to be too good but the truth is he souldn't have go to lay any complain to the ref after he has been booked , just see what they said about masch
      The independent chairman of the Football Association Lord Triesman has praised referee Steve Bennett for showing 'the bottle' to send off Javier Mascherano on Sunday. Triesman supported Bennett, whose decision to show the Liverpool midfielder asecond yellow card for dissent against Manchester United has caused plenty of debate, with the Argentina international and Reds boss Rafael Benitez questioning the dismissal.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #75: May 11, 2008 05:11:21 pm
      Did it again today.

Well done Mr Bennett.

No penalty for Rio handball.

No Scholes sending off

No Rooney sending off for same offence as Masch

Soft penalty for Manure...

You've done yourself (and your bank account) proud today Mr Bennett.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #76: May 11, 2008 05:13:20 pm
      Did it again today.

Well done Mr Bennett.

No penalty for Rio handball.

No Scholes sending off

No Rooney sending off for same offence as Masch

Soft penalty for Manure...

You've done yourself (and your bank account) proud today Mr Bennett.

Consistancy  (great if ur a manc but your screwed if your not  >:( )
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #77: May 12, 2008 01:46:55 pm
      No, I think he better wear a shirt which says "I'm a scum supporter" the next time he referees a game that involves the scums and hands off and don't question my decisions. Sending a player - off for questioning his decisons innocently, huh, never in my 38 years of watching football had I seen such a bizarre decision. The EPL is a disgrace in having such referees. Besides that, is it coincidental that when the scums really needed the right results and he's right in the middle of it making sure that they just achieve that. Someone must lodge a report with the police for a full scale investigation. Don't worry there'll be a payback time for him to cough out what he had received from the scums. 

Quick Reply