Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Morientes on way out

Read 5654 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Morientes on way out
      Mar 15, 2006 04:15:42 pm
      Just heard morientes is facing the exit door if his performances don't improve, which probably won't happen. Lets hope he does something in the world cup to inflate his price. F***ing GREAT NEWS!!!!! :D
      XabiAlonso
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2006 07:32:30 pm
      YES!!!!Can't wait till Nando is gone :D  :twisted:
      helenlfc92
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #2: Mar 27, 2006 07:05:57 pm
      fernando used to be world class but i don't think he is settled in this country see how much we can get for him
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #3: Mar 27, 2006 07:20:12 pm
      I would walk 500 miles
      and I would walk 500 more
      To be the man who walked a thousand miles
      to see Fernando score

Well it feels like a f***in' lot more than a thousand miles doesn't it ?

'Nando used to be a class act and you can still see the class there sometimes . However I think we've got to realise he'll never do it in the Premiership . He hasn't even managed it in Europe this season.
        I really hope he gets into the spanish squad for the world cup and does something to pump his price up , but don't hold your breath . Would you pick him ?  At the moment I'd sell him for the price of a pint.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #4: Mar 30, 2006 10:52:32 pm
      Helen

your website made my head hurt.
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2006 10:18:39 am
      It's a shame if its true really, because he was a class player... before he came to us. He just doesn't seem to have found his feet with us... at all. But I'd rather have Fowler than Morientes.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2006 10:50:46 am
      i hope he doesnt go, i still belive he can be class for us, just watchin him play you can see he still has the ability, abit more luck and confidence and i really belive he can get 15+ goals a season for us.

in my opinion  :?:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2006 01:37:42 pm
      Quote from: "priesty10"
      i hope he doesnt go, i still belive he can be class for us, just watchin him play you can see he still has the ability, abit more luck and confidence and i really belive he can get 15+ goals a season for us.

in my opinion  :?:

Wake up Priesty !!  He's well had enough time to prove himself, unfortunately he hasn't measured up, he just doesn't fit into the Premiership.  A shame i know but let the facts speak for themselves.  :D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #8: Mar 31, 2006 02:53:37 pm
      i understnd where your coming from, BUT i still think he's class, when he's on the ball and some of his passes/movement is quility.

He's not like douif etc where they useless and where never really good enough to be signed..

I'm sure he's gonna come good.................... ....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #9: Mar 31, 2006 03:34:05 pm
      I'm not gonna hold my breath,  ;D
      Reds in the blood
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #10: Mar 31, 2006 03:44:35 pm
      No more excuses........He has had more time than anyone else to prove his value to LFC.  

His record now screams for its self........he cannot play Premiership football!!

He can't live on his former reputation.............S trikers score goals!!!
      Becko
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #11: Mar 31, 2006 04:14:02 pm
      I think a major problem with morientes is the fact that he has no pace, he always seems to be a couple of yards behind the ball and he's just not been sharp enough in the box for us. In the role that crouch is playing at the moment you need someone with pace to play off him, like garcia's goal against everton. He is only a rotation player at best but he's woth keeping hold of.
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2006 08:41:16 am
      Quote from: "Becko"
      I think a major problem with morientes is the fact that he has no pace, he always seems to be a couple of yards behind the ball and he's just not been sharp enough in the box for us. In the role that crouch is playing at the moment you need someone with pace to play off him, like garcia's goal against everton. He is only a rotation player at best but he's woth keeping hold of.

I completely agree. But why Benitez chooses to use the two slowest of our players up front a lot of the time is beyond me when he's got Cisse and Fowler sat on the bloody bench!
      zen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Morientes on way out
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2006 08:55:23 am
      Quote from: "giddy76"
      Quote from: "Becko"

I completely agree. But why Benitez chooses to use the two slowest of our players up front a lot of the time is beyond me when he's got Cisse and Fowler sat on the bloody bench!

morientes and fowler belogn to those intelligent strikers (but lack pace) who create chances for others and themselves. although they paired well, but I donj't think it's effective. Cisse has the pace but seems to be a headless chicken be it right wing or central striker. confidence at all time low is probably another factor why he's performing below par. Crouch, as i said is not the kind of striker that give us goal, and i think we still need somebody who's like ronaldino or thierry henry.

Quick Reply