Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Albert Riera (Espanyol)

Read 42697 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Albert Riera
      Reply #230: Aug 27, 2008 08:45:04 am
      Is it me? or is our possibility of signing this player predicated upon us winning today's match? Dont like that.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2008 09:01:50 am by solodee »
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #231: Aug 27, 2008 09:03:21 am
      I would say its looking certain we will sign him from what I'm hearing.... and i dint think we need to sell to buy that's just what we want people to think, we had the 18 million for Barry so why would we suddenly be skint.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #232: Aug 27, 2008 09:21:53 am
      I would say its looking certain we will sign him from what I'm hearing.... and I dint think we need to sell to buy that's just what we want people to think, we had the 18 million for Barry so why would we suddenly be skint.

He turned down a move to bigger offer Biters to come to LFC solely because we offer champions league exposure. That points to my earlier comment.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #233: Aug 27, 2008 12:06:03 pm
      I think it was common sense why he turned them down.... who the f**k wants to sign for Everton.
      Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #234: Aug 27, 2008 01:16:09 pm
      Not many as they have signed F**k all..................... .

Also this guy Riera really is a 3rd option what happened Silva the Yanks promised when they cut up the Barry deal ????????
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #235: Aug 27, 2008 05:12:55 pm
      He certainly has some beautiful one touch passes, and I would take him over Yossi on the left. Maybe not Babel. I would have preferred Downing, Silva, or Barry but they're both gonna cost double the initial fee that Reira will, are they twice the player? Rafa has an eye for what his doing, lets give his 4th option a chance.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #236: Aug 27, 2008 05:36:02 pm
      I dont want to sign a player just because everton want him. I think thats a factor in some peoples heads and it really shouldnt be IMO
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #237: Aug 27, 2008 05:37:55 pm
      wonder if we'll spot him in the stands tonight. IF he signs by the weekend hope rafa does'nt throw him straight into the team. utd next weekend, tricky game to start of with. keep babel/yossi there for now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #238: Aug 27, 2008 08:17:38 pm
      2 days left until the deadline is it?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #239: Aug 27, 2008 08:58:24 pm
      2 days left until the deadline is it?

31st August
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #240: Aug 27, 2008 11:02:38 pm

Day after that this year. Apparently it was extended by 24 hours.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #241: Aug 27, 2008 11:03:24 pm
      Haven't Espanyol given him 72 hours to sort out a deal with us though
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #242: Aug 27, 2008 11:04:05 pm

Its been extended to the 1st September- tonights game showed why we need a player like Riera who can beat a man. No harm to Babel cause he put a great ball in for the goal, but hes not a left winger, hes a right one. Iam not saying that Reira will play every game however, we could do with someone who will be good back-up when we need someone to beat a man and put a cross in.
      Alex9LFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #243: Aug 27, 2008 11:58:41 pm
      I personally would love to see either Ricardo Quaresma or David Silva join us,we just seem to constantly buy middle market players.To actually push on and challenge we need to spend money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #244: Aug 28, 2008 12:58:48 am
      I would have preferred Barry over Bentley.

Bentley over Downing.

and Downing over Riera.

We're clutching at straws going after this fella.

2006 Wanted Quaresma. Got Pennant.
      2007 Wanted Malouda. Got Babel.
      2008 Wanted Barry. Got Riera.

So much for shopping at the top table.

More second-bests for us, and second-bests don't win titles.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #245: Aug 28, 2008 01:12:05 am
      I think we got the best deal in 2007 though
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #246: Aug 28, 2008 01:28:47 am
      I think we got the best deal in 2007 though

Yep Babel will become a better player than malouda ever was. He's already half way there
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #247: Aug 28, 2008 01:32:54 am
      All is well and good saying "we should buy David Silva" or "why doesn't Rafa sign Quaresma" or "(insert 20-30million pound worth wingers name here) would be perfect for our problems!" but we don't have the money. It's not possible with all these debts that have been piling up for the stadium and from the American tits.

Yes, I'd love Silva, yes I'd even like Quaresma (even though he's just like Ronaldo), and maybe someone like Moutinho, Joaquin, Ribery or any other name that's been thrown up by the tabloids as the solution to our problems, but it's just not going to happen and we can't blame Rafa for the lack of funds this year.

I'm not talking about anything to do with the last few years, so don't come with crap about Pennant and other mediocre players we've signed.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #248: Aug 28, 2008 01:39:32 am
      All is well and good saying "we should buy David Silva" or "why doesn't Rafa sign Quaresma" or "(insert 20-30million pound worth wingers name here) would be perfect for our problems!" but we don't have the money. It's not possible with all these debts that have been piling up for the stadium and from the American tits.

Yes, I'd love Silva, yes I'd even like Quaresma (even though he's just like Ronaldo), and maybe someone like Moutinho, Joaquin, Ribery or any other name that's been thrown up by the tabloids as the solution to our problems, but it's just not going to happen and we can't blame Rafa for the lack of funds this year.

I'm not talking about anything to do with the last few years, so don't come with crap about Pennant and other mediocre players we've signed.

Thank you. What i've been trying to say. If rafa had the money well all know rafa would go for these players. He showed it with torres and mascherano. But we dont have that kind of money, we will have to work without it.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #249: Aug 28, 2008 01:40:58 pm
      Thank you. What I've been trying to say. If rafa had the money well all know rafa would go for these players. bHe showed it with torres and mascherano. But we dont have that kind of money, we will have to work without it.

And Keane.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #250: Aug 28, 2008 02:09:32 pm

I would have put Keane in there but I will wait till he justifies his price tag. Its impossible for someone to have done that in the short time he's been here though and im confident he will.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #251: Aug 28, 2008 03:34:24 pm

Liverpool: Parry finalising Riera deal in Barcelona

Following on from our earlier report, we can confirm that Albert Riera is very close to finalising a transfer from Espanyol to Liverpool after Rick Parry rescheduled Thursday's  trip to Barcelona in order to push ahead with negotiations: at the request of Rafa Benitez who is eager for the deal to be concluded as quickly as possible.

In fact, so eager was the Liverpool manager to fill the void on his side's left flank, that he urged Parry to cancel his plans to attend the Champions League qualifier at Anfield and fly out to Spain instead. The Liverpool Chief Executive subsequently spent this evening in a restaurant in Barcelona concluding talks with his opposite number, Pedro Tomas, and the Espanyol president, Daniel Sanchez Llibre.

The talks have progressed well and the €10 million deal should be confirmed tomorrow.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #252: Aug 28, 2008 06:03:12 pm
      ^looks like we are signing him, im ready to give the lad a chance. hope he turn out to be a gem. so is he a tricky winger or a simple cross-in winger?

Quick Reply