Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Avram Grant in FA hot seat over Man U/Wigan match comment.

Read 1327 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Avram Grant in FA hot seat over Man U/Wigan match comment.
      May 18, 2008 01:12:25 am
      FA ASK GRANT FOR EXPLANATION

Saturday 17 May 2008

Chelsea head coach Avram Grant has been asked by the Football Association to explain his recent comments about referee Steve Bennett's handling of Manchester United's title-clinching win at Wigan Athletic.

Grant was less than impressed by Bennett's handling of the game at the JJB Stadium, with the match official allowing Paul Scholes to stay on the pitch after he seemed certain to pick up a second yellow card for a foul on Wilson Palacios.

He told reporters: "I told you that I believed in the tradition of the fair English game. I will not say anything against it, but what happened is what I expected.

"In England there are very good referees, but there are some - a few that you can influence, like you saw.

"I think in our game against Manchester United at Old Trafford, the referee (Mike Dean) influenced the result for sure. We know that.

"I think the red card for John Obi Mikel in that game should not have been a red card.

"I think that Paul Scholes should have had a red card on Sunday and Wigan a penalty also. But it is finished. I congratulate Manchester United."

Grant has been given until May 28 to make a formal reply to the FA's reques
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________

Steve Bennett is at the centre of it all. Ferguson's boy!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Avram Grant in FA hot seat over Man U/Wigan match comment.
      Reply #1: May 18, 2008 03:14:00 am
      Good. About time someone stands up to the Mancs. I like Grant, he says what he thinks and doesnt care. Go Avram!

You wont see Jose doing that now would you? And if you did, he'd say it so that no one understands what he's saying! :D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: May 19, 2008 12:38:21 pm
      You naughty boy Avram how very dare you.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #3: May 19, 2008 08:14:27 pm
      Steve Bennett should retire that whistle of his.

Quick Reply