Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Season Ticket prices for the 2008 / 09 season

Read 14751 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Season Ticket prices for the 2008 / 09 season
      May 26, 2008 01:23:59 pm
      STADIUM POSITION BEFORE 25/06/08                    BEFORE 25/06/08                        AFTER 25/06/08

MAIN STAND & PADDOCK                                           Â£700                                              £750
      OVER 65'S                                                              £525                                              £563

CENTENARY STAND                                                   Â£700                                              £750
      OVER 65'S                                                              £525                                              £563

ANFIELD ROAD STAND                                               Â£690                                              £740
      OVER 65'S                                                              £518                                              £555

KOP GRANDSTAND                                                    £650                                              £700
      OVER 65'S                                                              £488                                               Â£525

Looks like it's a £50 hike in prices for next season.
      Mine in the Lower Centenary has gone from £650 to £700.
      That's around £2.50 more for each league match.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Season Ticket prices for the 2008 / 09 season
      Reply #1: May 26, 2008 05:21:54 pm
      F***ing hell
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: May 26, 2008 05:23:33 pm
      So that's where the money for the new stadium is going to come from....  :f_doh:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: May 26, 2008 10:48:28 pm
      Look on the bright side.  At least we don't pay £50 odd quid a game to go watch those rent boys down South.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: May 26, 2008 10:53:46 pm
      Gonna get on the waiting list now.

How many years you reckon?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: May 26, 2008 11:05:07 pm
      Gonna get on the waiting list now.

How many years you reckon?

I've been on 8 - 9 years fella.  The list is just rediculous.  A lot of the names are new born babies (not a bad idea mind) but it's really just down to people not being able to afford it or rent it out (only happens very rarely) or people sadly popping their clocks.  That's the only way season tickets get freed up.

But when you do get that letter through the door, you have to get it and pay up straight away I must imagine.  Get yourself on the list, better late than never.  At this rate you're looking at your mid 40's.  ;)

I don't think the new stadium will make a difference anyway, only about another 10 thousand+ will get the instant invite.  I think the list is down to 50 odd thousand and counting.   :f_steam:
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #6: May 26, 2008 11:09:06 pm
      Was thinking it'd be something daft like that.

May as well get on it asap.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #7: May 27, 2008 12:19:35 pm
      £700 for 19 league games! We are now looking at a £50 hike in prices each season, this is just scandalous! I really feel with prices like this our club is moving away and becoming out of reach from the people that helped to build it and for which it is meant to serve. Other threads talk about blocks of seats in the Kop reserved for people to start singing and bring the atmosphere back but may be the only people who can afford to go to Anfield are the more reserve middle classes who would never have paid to watch football from a standing Kop, yet alone enjoy a Saturday afternoon sing song!

I haven't lived in Anfield since 2000, but even back then the majority of my neighbours couldn't afford to pay the price of a match ticket to watch their beloved team. I'm not having a pop at OOTs but if your born to a city I believe its your birth right to be able to watch your team what ever your colours are. This is a dangerous situation for football, football won't always be the fashionable, affluent business it presently is. And when the money and the IT people move onto their next fad football will find its self stripped back to bare bones and the only people left will be the genuine fans, the people that were there from the start and the very people that football is shitting all over at this present time. People will always love football but your going the match on a Saturday mentality, that my generation grew up with will turn into a go the pub on a Saturday afternoon and watch the footy mentality. Football is treading a fine line, we don't see it at the likes of Liverpool or Man Ure because people will pay to see a successful team but all over the country fans are not going into grounds because of the cost, in football hot beds in the North east and midlands, but I think the best example of football pricing the working class man out can be found in our very own Liverpool! We make fun out of them and banter is part of Merseyside culture but the truth is that Everton are a massive club themselves. I know alot of Evertoians but around 90% of them dont go the game because they can't afford it. Every time I watch match of the day there is aways empty seats at Goodison, yet the ale houses on a Saturday afternoon are full of Lads who would love to watch their team but can't afford to. I hope for the sake of football that these people come back when all the fashionable crowd move on because that time will happen.

Right that's my soap box put back into hibernation for another year! I'm off to the bank to withdraw £700!
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #8: May 29, 2008 12:12:50 am
      Ooooft,pretty steep prices,glad i dont have to pay that for my celtic season ticket,i pay £475 for a seat up the back of the Jock Stein Lower Stand
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2008 06:12:45 pm

The final date to renew your season ticket at the discounted rate is June 25 2008, and the deadline for season ticket renewals is July 2 2008.

This year all season ticket holders will receive a new Fan Card which will only be activated when the existing Fan Card is returned to the Ticket Office. It should be noted these new cards will not be sent out until early August. 
      OhJohnnyBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      • I throw sh*t at Chelsea Supporters
      Reply #10: Jun 02, 2008 06:47:24 pm
      how much american are we talking about here? i will be studying abroad in england this coming sememster and would love love love to have season tickets for lfc.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Jun 02, 2008 06:54:17 pm
      how much american are we talking about here? I will be studying abroad in england this coming sememster and would love love love to have season tickets for lfc.

You'll have to get in the 15 year waiting list behind me JohnnyBoy !!  ;) :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Jun 02, 2008 10:27:31 pm
      You'll have to get in the 15 year waiting list behind me JohnnyBoy !!  ;) :D

And me!  No F***ing queue jumping!!!  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Jun 02, 2008 10:39:16 pm
      I still kick myself every day for giving up my season ticket on the kop  >:(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Jun 03, 2008 10:37:44 pm
      I still kick myself every day for giving up my season ticket on the kop  >:(

My mates dad gave theirs up in Annie rd end in the early 90's. I think they kick themselves everyday too MsG.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Jun 03, 2008 10:56:17 pm
      My mates dad gave theirs up in Annie rd end in the early 90's. I think they kick themselves everyday too MsG.

My legs are black and blue Kenny !!! Just like Fernando's when he's been up against the scum defence :o

If only I'd have loaned it out instead ::)
      Ben30
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 04, 2008 10:35:06 pm
      I'm thinking about putting my wee fellow on the list but he has just turned 2. Do you think that is to early??
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2008 10:44:27 pm
      I'm thinking about putting my wee fellow on the list but he has just turned 2. Do you think that is to early??

Never to early Ben  ;D Get his name down as soon as possible. With a bit of luck he might just get one by the time he's 25 ::)

Plenty of time to save up as well  :o Have you seen the price of them !!
      Ben30
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 04, 2008 11:28:20 pm
      Never to early Ben  ;D Get his name down as soon as possible. With a bit of luck he might just get one by the time he's 25 ::)

Plenty of time to save up as well  :o Have you seen the price of them !!
      I know, the word steep springs to mind, but it's got to be worth it, I want him to grow up belonging to something special and to have a hero!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #19: Jun 05, 2008 02:45:35 pm

As i discussed on another thread i didn't fancy going much a few years back and did seriously consider binning mine but as my lad had been on the list five years and he was looking at probably another ten to wait he took it off me for a couple of seasons. Now i know it will infuriate some fans who are waiting but as Kenny said the system encourages this behaviour as you know if you give it up you will never get another.
      I would like to have gone the game with my lad but alas that was not to be and he goes the game with the mates that i used too go with! next year i shall be back on the Kop if my Kidney sale on ebay goes to plan. ;D

I might add the prices only rocketed when Msgerrard left as it became a so much more desirable place to be. ::)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Jun 05, 2008 04:39:38 pm

I might add the prices only rocketed when Msgerrard left as it became a so much more desirable place to be. ::)

Hey you........ya cheeky devil, and I've just given you a + as well, nice to know who your friends are >:D :lmao:
      Torresinho
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 18, 2008 01:27:46 pm
      Think I can get a season ticket?

I live in India right now, looking to move to Liverpool within 2 months. Watford road rather, it's close to Anfield too, right?

Anyway I can get one within 3 months?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Jun 18, 2008 01:57:27 pm
      Think I can get a season ticket?

I live in India right now, looking to move to Liverpool within 2 months. Watford road rather, it's close to Anfield too, right?

Anyway I can get one within 3 months?

I think you might find that you will have to wait a bit longer than 3 months matey...........how does 15 years sound  ???

Quick Reply