Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Man U rattled by Real Madrid's interest in Cristiano Ronaldo.

Read 9033 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Man U rattled by Real Madrid's interest in Christiano Ronaldo.
      Reply #23: Jun 01, 2008 04:04:55 pm
      We wouldn't be happy if they started tapping Torres up.

But to be fair, Torres has told everyone to shove it, whilst Cristiano is practically bending himself over in every direction away Old Trafford.

True, but it makes it all the more sweeter as it's happening to Manure. their constant pursuit of other teams players is awful. Hargreaves is not the only one. And the red tops do their bidding for them.

To quote Keegan "I'd lov it" if he went, just to fu*k them off.

What goes around and all that. If they do complain to Fifa it will be interesting what happens.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2008 09:45:31 am
      I hope he goes, but about 6months ago I thought thathe would go to Real sometime, just like ManU sold RVN and Becks, they'll make shitloads of cash and use it to buy the next star player. they sell Becks and RVN and get Ronaldo ad Rooney.
      But I'd love him to go, I would have years of happiness, tortuering my mate, a massive C.Ronaldo fan
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Jun 02, 2008 01:06:17 pm
      Real Madrid winger Robinho claims he could be used as a makeweight in a deal to take Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabéu. (Portuguese newspaper A Bola).
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #26: Jun 02, 2008 09:08:17 pm
      I hope he goes, but about 6months ago I thought thathe would go to Real sometime, just like ManU sold RVN and Becks, they'll make shitloads of cash and use it to buy the next star player. they sell Becks and RVN and get Ronaldo ad Rooney.
      But I'd love him to go, I would have years of happiness, tortuering my mate, a massive C.Ronaldo fan

Agree they will make truck loads of money, but some players just can't be replaced like Gerrard and Torres.  Yes, you might get a budget to strengthen in two positions or even more,but then do utd have that problem! 
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Jun 05, 2008 11:00:03 am
      i actually reckon man united would struggle without him if he were to leave. quite a few times this season he's saved them from losing/drawing.

hope he goes! :D
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 05, 2008 11:06:42 am
      How many times has red nose tapped up players Stam, Carrick just to name two , Well im made up hes gettin a taste of his own medicine. an i hope Real get him cause i hate the cheat .
      The phrase pot kettle black come in on this one

Stick to what you know best Fergie lad put you mouth round a bottle
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: Jun 05, 2008 05:46:55 pm
       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
       :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

From SkySports.com:

Ronaldo breaks silence
      Man United winger admits he desires Real move

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by reportedly declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #30: Jun 05, 2008 06:28:25 pm
      Excellent news thats cheered me up!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #31: Jun 05, 2008 06:31:50 pm
      Excellent news thats cheered me up!

Yeah, this put a big, silly grin on my face when I read it!  ;) Who knows, I don't think Utd would be the same force without him - and with Arsenal losing players left, right and centre (Adebayor is the latest who wants out), and Chelsea's lot might be jumping ship to follow the Special One to Inter, next year's title is as good as ours!  ;D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2008 06:43:45 pm
      Yeah, this put a big, silly grin on my face when I read it!  ;) Who knows, I don't think Utd would be the same force without him - and with Arsenal losing players left, right and centre (Adebayor is the latest who wants out), and Chelsea's lot might be jumping ship to follow the Special One to Inter, next year's title is as good as ours!  ;D

Yep, roll on next season its just can't start soon enough if all the above that it is becoming a possiblity happens.   ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2008 06:46:10 pm
      Absolutely made up.  I can actually 'like' this player now.  If he goes to Real I don't think I'd have the same hatred towards him!

When Van Nistelrooy left Utd and I watched him at Real I put all the hatred a side.  The Champions League next season is going to be verrryy interesting.  :D

Exactly :D :D :D

We're back in buisness my friend!  ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #34: Jun 05, 2008 06:51:03 pm
      Yep, roll on next season its just can't start soon enough if all the above that it is becoming a possiblity happens.   ;D

I don't mean to slag off Ronaldo (well, maybe I do, might as well be honest! ;)), but it says a lot about his character and life with Utd that he is so keen to get out. After all, he's earning tonnes and is winning trophies and titles all over the place - you'd think he'd be happy where he is.

He's a greedy tw*t, if you read that article he insists on the transfer fee (by which he means his wages) has to be as high as it has been speculated, as if he isn't earning enough!  :f_steam: Disloyal too, after all Fergie has made him the player he is today, but I doubt that has crossed his mind.

Compare this to our Torres - Chelsea waved a carrot under his nose and he told them where to go! I know which I'd rather have in my side any day!  ;D
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: Jun 05, 2008 07:33:28 pm
      I was hoping this would be the outcome because that team of mancs have been at it for years and now it's their turn and Ferguson will have one unhappy player on his hands if he stops this transfer and I couldn't wish it on a nicer bloke....
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2008 11:58:49 pm
      The bad thing about this is the money those manc bas**rds will have to spend if Madrid do get him,we cant win both ways?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #37: Jun 07, 2008 12:07:57 am
      The bad thing about this is the money those manc bas**rds will have to spend if Madrid do get him,we cant win both ways?

Don't worry about the money mate with their massive debts it will be like a scourer in a swimming pool!  Just enjoy the moment of their bestest player leaving! They've always had money if they do use it in the transfer market it will be no different, but some players just can't be replaced, this is what all the crying is  all about.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #38: Jun 07, 2008 01:56:23 am
      Cheers kenny , didn't think  about it like that ,now i can go to bed and sleep?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Jun 07, 2008 11:59:33 am
      I want to see Ronaldo go abroad and out the premier league as much as everyone else . But is this the way football is going when teams can offer
      £300000 p/w before the club has given permission to talk .

I.e Chelsea wanted Torres what would have happened if Abromovich had just gone to the papers to express he wants him and was going to pay him £2-300000 p/w,The outcome might not have been so good  i

If Ronaldo goes to Real and Real dont get punished for the way they have gone about ,then this could be the way clubs might go about there business in future .And we cant compete with some clubs finacially and could end up losing vital players .
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #40: Jun 07, 2008 12:08:05 pm
      I want to see Ronaldo go abroad and out the premier league as much as everyone else . But is this the way football is going when teams can offer
      £300000 p/w before the club has given permission to talk .

I.e Chelsea wanted Torres what would have happened if Abromovich had just gone to the papers to express he wants him and was going to pay him £2-300000 p/w,The outcome might not have been so good  i

If Ronaldo goes to Real and Real dont get punished for the way they have gone about ,then this could be the way clubs might go about there business in future .And we cant compete with some clubs finacially and could end up losing vital players .

I understand where you're coming from, but when Torres heard that Chelsea were willing to offer £50 million for him, he must have known that his wages were going to get a massive boost as well.

I can't understand players nowadays that follow the cash though! FFS, when you're earning £50-100,000 per week how can you be so greedy as to want more?! For players to want to step up from lower leagues is understandable from the point of view of wanting to improve their career, but for a player to move from one highly successful club to another just for the money disgusts me, even if it goes on every day.

It's a damn shame that the number of players who have a genuine passion for the club they play for and the shirt they wear is in a massive minority compared to those whose priority is the paycheck.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: Jun 07, 2008 12:11:29 pm
      I understand where you're coming from, but when Torres heard that Chelsea were willing to offer £50 million for him, he must have known that his wages were going to get a massive boost as well.

I can't understand players nowadays that follow the cash though! FFS, when you're earning £50-100,000 per week how can you be so greedy as to want more?! For players to want to step up from lower leagues is understandable from the point of view of wanting to improve their career, but for a player to move from one highly successful club to another just for the money disgusts me, even if it goes on every day.

It's a damn shame that the number of players who have a genuine passion for the club they play for and the shirt they wear is in a massive minority compared to those whose priority is the paycheck.

Good post Ayrton, agree with you totally  ;)
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Man U rattled by Real Madrid's interest in Cristiano Ronaldo.
      Reply #42: Jun 13, 2008 12:09:34 am
      http://www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-united-fc/news/219230/united_make_ron_complaint.html

UNITED MAKE RON COMPLAINT

Monday 09 Jun 2008

Manchester United have made a formal complaint to FIFA over Real Madrid's public pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Last month the Red Devils warned the Spanish club they would contact the world governing body should they continue to make statements revealing their admiration and desire to sign the Portugal international.

CRISTIANO RONALDO
      United were adamant that the 23-year-old winger was not for sale at any price, but Ronaldo himself has since refused to pledge his future to the club.

However, with speculation over the player's future intensifying while away on international duty at Euro 2008, United have followed through on their threat to take the matter to FIFA.

"On 27 May, Manchester United made clear its intention to report Real Madrid to FIFA if it continued to involve itself in the future of Cristiano Ronaldo," read a club statement.

"Unfortunately, Real Madrid has not kept its own counsel and the club feels it has no alternative but to make a formal complaint to the world governing body, which it has done today.

"The precise content and nature will remain confidential."
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

Isn't Alex Ferguson a hypocritical b i t c h? The old man actually ran to FIFA sobbing about being bullied by Real Madrid. Cheaply gutless
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 13, 2008 10:25:51 am
      Anyone remember the Owen Hargreaves transfer saga? Alex was showing him around Manures training facilities before he had even approached Bayern. Whinging little bi*ch when someone uses his tactics against him.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #44: Jun 13, 2008 10:29:44 am
      One rule for United.  A rule for everyone else.

Ferguson can get fu**ed.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #45: Jun 13, 2008 10:35:05 am
      Anyone remember the Owen Hargreaves transfer saga? Alex was showing him around Manures training facilities before he had even approached Bayern. Whinging little bi*ch when someone uses his tactics against him.

I don't believe there is a club in football that hasn't used under hand tactics at one time or another to sign a player they want. But the fact is that Man Ure have a wonderful tradition of this! As a school boy Ryan Giggs was actually wearing the sky blue of Man City. City thought they had a great prospect until Taggets men poached him! So I am taking great delight in sitting back and watching Man Ure stamp their feet and whinge about the unfair tactics being employed buy the Big Bad Bullying Real Madrid! What goes around, comes around!

Quick Reply