Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Next Blackburn Boss?

Read 8999 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Next Blackburn Boss?
      Jun 04, 2008 03:50:19 pm
      The list should look something like this:

Scolari
      Grant
      Jesús Ramírez (ex Mexico boss)
      Mancini

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Your thoughts please
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2010 08:29:01 pm by AJ »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Next Blacburn Boss?
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2008 03:53:57 pm
      Alan Shearer :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2008 04:00:54 pm
      I hope its Fat Sam for 2 reasons.................

1. There is no place for a player like Bentley in one on Sam's teams, any player who likes to play attractive football will be sold! This will pave the way for for Rafa to make Bentley one of his Summer signings!

2. I miss taking the piss out of Fat Sam at the match, we might hate them but never forget the endless hours of fun that managers like Fat Sam and Steve Bruce provide season in season out! These over weight, deformed and down right ugly managers provide a vital service each season and for that we should be grateful! ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2008 04:05:12 pm
      i agree with you mate
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2008 04:07:25 pm

Good call he hasn't ruled out managing another premiership team other than Newcastle.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2008 05:03:38 pm
      Dunlop Liddell Shankly guaranteed success first season.

CL winners 2010.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2008 05:05:30 pm

CL winners 2010.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quality mate!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2008 05:14:36 pm
      I hope its Fat Sam for 2 reasons.................

1. There is no place for a player like Bentley in one on Sam's teams, any player who likes to play attractive football will be sold! This will pave the way for for Rafa to make Bentley one of his Summer signings!

I like your thinking!!
      However Shearer was the first name that jumped into my head but it'll probably be Chris Coleman or that lad Derby sacked someone who if it was your club you'd be disappointed with
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2008 05:21:19 pm
      I like your thinking!!
      However Shearer was the first name that jumped into my head but it'll probably be Chris Coleman or that lad Derby sacked someone who if it was your club you'd be disappointed with

Steve Bruce?
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2008 06:27:35 pm
      I agree with a few people in this topic that Shearer should be Blackburn gaffer.

Shearer needs some managerial experience and where better to do it than the club that he won the league with(under King Kenny),give him a chance.

If not i'd try and get Allardyce, McClaren or someone.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2008 06:30:27 pm

CL winners 2010.

Now that's funny!

:D :D :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2008 07:17:59 pm
      If not I'd try and get Allardyce, McClaren or someone.

I believe McClaren is the new manager of FC Twente or is that still just a silly rumor?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Next Blackburn Boss?
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2008 12:07:18 am
      I would try to get Paul Jewell from Derby if I was Blackburn directors. He is a very underrated manager IMO
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Jun 05, 2008 02:39:51 pm
      Paul Ince maybe? Or you could always bring in the British Mourinho ... one Neil Warnock!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #14: Jun 05, 2008 05:35:41 pm
      Allardyce
      Ince
      Shearer

One of them i reckon
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #15: Jun 05, 2008 05:52:44 pm
      Allardyce
      Ince
      Shearer

One of them i reckon

Good call for Shearer, I could definitely see that one happening.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #16: Jun 06, 2008 12:34:39 pm
      not exactly inspiring names for Blackburn fans is it really. Well on the bright side they all  have better potential than Souness.
      Somehow I can't see Sheaer going to Blackburn rover or forming a partnership with Newell. It is just a gut feeling
      Personally I think Ince would be a good bet particularly if he was chosing between Mad man Mandaric, owner of leicester City or go to a club that more stable in the way its run.
      there is gonna be a big exodus so Blackburn has to try and chose a young inspiring coach in my opionion to have any chance of keeping their players (which is unlikely). if it is between Ince and Sheaer, they are certaintly taking a risk of with inexperience in the Premiership.

But what about Scolari, Mancini, Ancelotti... do they have any chance of getting the Blackburn Rovers Job. Surely as rational people, they would never think of going to chelsea, surely not would they....
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #17: Jun 06, 2008 12:43:32 pm
      But what about Scolari, Mancini, Ancelotti... do they have any chance of getting the Blackburn Rovers Job. Surely as rational people, they would never think of going to chelsea, surely not would they....

:lmao: :lmao:

Quote from: BBC Gossip Column
      MK Dons manager Paul Ince is expected to discuss a move to Blackburn with the club's bosses over the weekend. (Daily Mirror)

But the former Manchester United midfielder's hopes of becoming the new Rovers boss could be hampered by Ince's failure to complete his coaching qualifications. (The Independent)

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Jun 06, 2008 01:09:39 pm
      My very first thought when i heard hughes was gone was that steve mclaran would take over, to be honest i couldnt give a toss who is the manager really
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2008 01:11:34 pm
      My very first thought when I heard hughes was gone was that steve mclaran would take over, to be honest I couldnt give a toss who is the manager really

What even if it's someone who has a dislike of the way Bentley plays and therefore is prepared to let him go at a fair fee?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #20: Jun 06, 2008 03:26:51 pm
      I think with all the money Citeh are suppose to have that Hughes will try and bring Bentley with him.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #21: Jun 06, 2008 04:18:26 pm
      What even if it's someone who has a dislike of the way Bentley plays and therefore is prepared to let him go at a fair fee?

Well if i take over ill sell him for free ;) and then throw in santa cruz aswell :D

But yea if they sell him for... 7mill thats good i supose
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #22: Jun 06, 2008 04:42:57 pm
      I doubt any decent manager would get rid of Roque!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2008 05:22:03 pm
      I think with all the money Citeh are suppose to have that Hughes will try and bring Bentley with him.

Bentley wouldn't go to City, he wants top 4 only if we refused and no other interest from the top 4 would he go elsewhere.  I think if he didn't get an offer from top 4 he would stay at Rovers and hope for luck in the next window!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #24: Jun 07, 2008 03:19:37 pm
      Well the obvious choice is me. I'd bring the Premiership back to Ewood Park.

But Gary Johnson (Bristol City) should be given a chance in the Premiership. Two consecutive promotions with Yeovil then promotion with Bristol City and last season he led them to the playoff final in their first season in the Championship.

Shearer would be a good choice for number 2. Not sure he's ready for a manager's job yet. McClaren should be a no. Ince up and coming but I think he'd better staying at MK Dons. Allerdyce, well if Blackburn can't sell out Ewood Park now they certainly wouldn't with him in charge. As for the big names like Manchini or Scolari, unfortunately for Blackburn I don't think they could atract that kind of manager.

Gary Johnson or Aidy Boothroyd
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #25: Jun 24, 2008 09:47:11 pm
      And the new manager for Blackburn Rovers is.....   PAUL INCE!

Paul Ince use to pay for Liverpool FC in the era of David James and Robbie Fowler (First era) before Gerard Houllier got rid of them. He were part of a click the press called Spice Boys.

Paul Ince will go down in history as the first black briton manager of a Premiership club.
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #26: Jun 25, 2008 02:01:03 pm
      So there it is Paul Ince is now the new manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Paul's managerial record so far:

Ince only played one other game for Swindon after the MK victory - before the club announced that Ince had felt he could not fulfil his playing duties with the club and that his contract had been terminated by mutual consent, although he continued coaching at the club to complete his coaching badges.

Macclesfield Town

On 23 October 2006, Ince was confirmed as the new player-manager of Macclesfield Town in succession to Brian Horton. However, he was ineligible to play for the Silkmen until January when the transfer window opened, as Swindon Town still held his registration.[4] He joined Macclesfield with the club bottom of League Two, seven points off their nearest rivals. He then revived confidence and after a 3-0 win against Chester they managed to climb off the bottom of the table. They subsequently avoided relegation, albeit on the last day of the season. On 4 January 2007 Ince was named as League Two Manager of the Month for December.

Milton Keynes Dons

Ince was unveiled as the new Milton Keynes Dons manager along with his assistant Ray Mathias and fitness coach Duncan Russell on 25 June 2007.[5] The Dons reached the top of their Division in September 2007[6] and other clubs began to take a serious interest. In October and November 2007, he denied rumours that he was being linked with managerless Premiership teams Wigan,[7] Derby County[8] and Championship team Norwich City.[9]

Ince was named as League Two "manager of the month" in October and December 2007, and again in April 2008.[10][11][12]

Ince's first silverware as manager came in the Football League Trophy Final at Wembley on March 31, 2008, with the MK Dons defeating Grimsby Town 2-0. He then secured the Dons' return to Coca-Cola League 1 in April 2008 after they beat Stockport County 3-2. On April 26, the Dons became League Two champions after they beat Bradford City 2-1.

Blackburn Rovers

In the close-season it was speculated that Ince had been contacted by Blackburn Rovers in their search to appoint a new manager, something that Ince himself denied.[13] However, the BBC reported that Ince would be named as Blackburn manager by the end of the week of 19 June.[14] He was appointed on 22 June and became the first black British manager in England's top division.[15]

Managerial stats

Team Nat From To Record
                                                                               G      W      L      D   Win %
      Macclesfield Town  23 October 2006 25 June 2007 35      14    13     08   40
      Milton Keynes Dons  25 June 2007 21 June 2008    55      33    10     12   60
      Blackburn Rovers  22 June 2008 Present                00      00    00     00

Good luck to the guy I say he has a great squad with players like Santa Cruz, Morten Gamst Pedersen, David Bentley and Benni McCarthy and should have a good first season.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #27: Jun 25, 2008 03:34:36 pm
      Good luck to the lad.  One decent season in division three and he gets a Premiership job with a top 8 club.

As a beach bum, I take my hat off to the guy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Jun 25, 2008 03:38:17 pm
      Good luck Paul Ince! but hope we beat you twice & then you beat twice manure.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #29: Jun 25, 2008 04:45:45 pm
      Good luck Paul Ince! but hope we beat you twice & then you beat twice manure.

Couldnt have put it better myself :D

Actually i would switch the "twice" and "manure" to make it a bit better :lmao:
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Jun 25, 2008 08:23:35 pm
      http://Link

Ince warns Fergie over Santa Cruz
      Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Blackburn manager Paul Ince is ready to tell former boss turned 'enemy' Sir Alex Ferguson that he has no chance of signing Roque Santa Cruz.

The Paraguayan was a major hit after signing from Bayern Munich last summer as he plundered 23 goals in all competitions - a performance which has reportedly drawn interest from the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal.

But Ince, the former midfield 'Guv'nor' at Old Trafford, insists he has no interest in allowing the striker to join Ferguson at the Barclays Premier League and European champions.

________________________ ________________________

Poor Alex Faggy.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #31: Jul 02, 2008 07:32:05 pm
      I wish the man all the best. He seems to have that ruthless streak which is essential in this day and age. I reckon he can turn Blackburn into real challengers for a top 4 position. He obviously will need some time to adapt which i presume he will get. Great to see him sticking two fingers up to Ferguson already. He means business.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2008 09:01:26 pm
      it's a massive promotion for someone who's had one good season at a third division club.

I wish I could get that type of massive job promotion.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #33: Jul 02, 2008 09:09:08 pm
      it's a massive promotion for someone who's had one good season at a third division club.

I wish I could get that type of massive job promotion.

Yea its like going from working in McDonalds to becoming Ronald McDonald himself ::)

I think he'll do a good job but will get off to a shacky start
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #34: Jul 02, 2008 09:22:23 pm
      aye, it's like having a decent season at Bristol City and then being appointed boss at Real Madrid.

I think Blackburn will struggle - bottom third of table.

AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Jul 02, 2008 09:32:08 pm
      aye, it's like having a decent season at Bristol City and then being appointed boss at Real Madrid.

I think Blackburn will struggle - bottom third of table.

What? Paul ain't the sort of manager who has no idea of how to push forward and will get the results with the decent squad he has.  I say they will be at least 10 top come May next year.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Jul 03, 2008 10:02:40 am
      Paul Ince quick rise short demise. Sorry Paul but it will be an interesting season at Blackburn and I think you'll do O.K. so good luck to you..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jul 13, 2008 12:26:03 pm

Just realised i stabed at Ince and he turned into the gaffer :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #38: Jul 13, 2008 06:28:32 pm
      I think Incey will struggle personally. Tryin to replace Mark Hughes would be a difficult task for any manager. Although Hughes didn't win anythin with Rovers he performed miracles gettin them into Europe year in year out along with quality signings for small money (bentley, santa cruz, warnock, nelsen). So I think Ince can easily keep BRFC away from relegation with God bein top goalscorer (:P) but might not be good enough compared to what Hughes achieved.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2010 04:51:42 pm
      Fat sam has just left Blackburn.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #40: Dec 13, 2010 04:55:58 pm
      Another one bites the dust

Tit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2010 04:56:24 pm
      When? Where? Why?

It's not on Sky or BBC.

EDIT: BBC breaking news.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2010 04:57:53 pm
      Sky Sports
      Sam Allardyce leaves Blackburn Rovers with Immediate effect http://www.skysports.com/football
      Sky Sports | Football News
      www.skysports.com
      Sky Sports Latest football news, live scores, results, fixtures and team news from Premier to Champions League
      6 minutes ago · 7089 · LikeUnlike · Comment · Share

No reports yet on the actual site
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2010 04:59:32 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9283395.stm

Idiotic decision. His football may not be the best but they're quite well.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2010 04:59:58 pm
      Was annouced on twitter.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2010 05:03:51 pm
      Go on, Roy, back to Blackburn you go. They have Benjani waiting for ya.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #46: Dec 13, 2010 05:04:48 pm
      http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4d053ac022afa

If anyone wants to watch coverage, aftermath, reactions.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #47: Dec 13, 2010 05:10:39 pm
      Roy Hodgson please
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #48: Dec 13, 2010 05:20:37 pm
      You know what's the funniest thing about it?

When we appointed Roy as our manager, and people were talking about the possibility of him becoming the next England manager, Fat Sam said disrespectfull things such as "remember he was sacked when he was here at Blackburn".

He was just being a jealous c**t, desperate cause only crap teams want him as their manager, but now the sh*t has hit him back. Talk about being sacked from Blackburn... :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Dec 13, 2010 05:26:42 pm
      I'm sure we are all shocked and saddened by Big Sam losing his job at Blackburn.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't worry Sam - this will pave the way for the Real Madrid and Inter job you have so deserved over the past years!

Imagine the situation - Florentino Perez President of Real Madrid tells the Real executives 'Right ladies and gentlemen. I have made a decision on our next manager. Today I am pleased to announce that Sam Allardyce will take over the managerial reigns at this club with immediate effect. We've had some brilliant credentials managing our club the past few decades but none more big than Mr Allardyce's. A record of winning no trophies, being mocked by his ugly football and the proud honours of geing sacked from the Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers jobs really tipped it in his favour for me. Ladies and gentlemen - I feel that our time has come once again'.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #50: Dec 13, 2010 05:26:45 pm
      Probably all stems from @thebig_sam's fowl/foul jokes.

That b***ard!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #51: Dec 13, 2010 05:28:01 pm
      F**k off Fat sam you fat know it all
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #52: Dec 13, 2010 06:05:27 pm
      I'm sure Real will be on the phone soon... maybe even Barca.

Still lucky for him he'll find work soon, it is panto season afterall!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #53: Dec 13, 2010 07:07:28 pm
      He actually did quite well did Sam.
      21 points so far. Only 1 less than ourselves.
      Sam had very little money aswel.

Owners make ridiculous decisions!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2010 07:09:18 pm
      I'm sure we are all shocked and saddened by Big Sam losing his job at Blackburn.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't worry Sam - this will pave the way for the Real Madrid and Inter job you have so deserved over the past years!

Haven't you heard, he's gonna be the next manager of England!!

Three pies on your chest
      The fat still gleaming
      Thirty years of chest pains
      Never stopped me dreaming!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2010 09:07:20 pm
      Love it.

F*cking hate that man, self righteous, pompous toad.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #56: Dec 13, 2010 09:10:18 pm
      Roy for Blackburn? :roll:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #57: Dec 13, 2010 09:17:51 pm
      I'm sure Real will be on the phone soon... maybe even Barca.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #58: Dec 13, 2010 10:25:40 pm
      Ha ha nice Christmas present for ya Sam  :action-smiley-055:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 13, 2010 11:37:52 pm
      woy
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2010 12:23:02 am
      I'm sure he will be moving onto bigger and better things....

West Ham.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #61: Dec 14, 2010 06:53:04 am
      Ha ha nice Christmas present for ya Sam  :action-smiley-055:
      It could not happen to a nicer feller,I bet that news brought a smile to RAFA's face.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #62: Dec 14, 2010 07:27:30 am
      Just read this entire thread (without checking dates!) thinking it was a new thread and thought F**k me Paul Ince manager that was quick ! :-[
      Was going to suggest Woy but got beaten to it !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Dec 14, 2010 12:03:47 pm
      Well they said they wanted a british manager.....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Dec 14, 2010 04:13:50 pm
      Sad times when not even Blackburn fans would want a current Liverpool manager.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #65: Dec 14, 2010 07:09:48 pm
      Has anyone else heard that there might not be a new BB manager until the summer?

What's the F***ing point in that!? Surely if the current manager is doing alright you may as well keep him on until the summer?! Surely they are just risking Blackburn sliding managerless down the league in the meantime?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #66: Dec 14, 2010 07:18:45 pm
      As much as the c**t deserves it, it's a sh*t house decision. He was the perfect fit for them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #67: Dec 14, 2010 08:46:26 pm
      They want a British manager. I feel a plan coming together. . . Showing how it should not be done. Why sack him when you have no replacement. Makes NESV look better IMO
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #68: Dec 15, 2010 12:23:01 am
      Get MON in. Will stop him being linked to us
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #69: Dec 15, 2010 12:49:50 am
      I can see them taking a chance on a lower league manager, Simon Grayson or Aidy Boothroyd maybe.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #70: Dec 15, 2010 11:55:13 am
      Well it has to be a young manager doesn't it? They had a proven manager at the level the club was at who had experience, so surely they won't hire another experienced manager at that level. It would make no sense.

Who knows. They might get Maradonna :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #71: Dec 15, 2010 01:49:51 pm
      Well it has to be a young manager doesn't it? They had a proven manager at the level the club was at who had experience, so surely they won't hire another experienced manager at that level. It would make no sense.

Who knows. They might get Maradonna :D
      They do need a HAND!  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #72: Dec 18, 2010 12:36:46 pm
      Thommo and Merson off on one in defense of Fat Sam and it's funny listening to Thommo tell everyone else that the owners of Blackburn haven't got a Scooby Doo what's going on!!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #73: Dec 18, 2010 07:30:23 pm
      Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was told.  :lmao:
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2010 08:31:45 pm
      Bye dad!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2010 09:54:58 pm
      Get MON in. Will stop him being linked to us

Could not agree more.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #76: Dec 18, 2010 10:18:17 pm
      Like most LFC fans, i was delighted to see Sam get the sack. Will be interesting to see who they get in now though. the owners claim he will be English but I don't see it being Hughton...don't think he would be up for that job, especially with working with those 2 owners. If they really have their heart set on having an Englishman, I think only Gary Megson would be desperate enough to take an offer like that up.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #77: Dec 18, 2010 10:23:01 pm
      Don't care who Blackburn get, as long as we don't end up with fat Sam if Roy gets the sack!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #78: Dec 18, 2010 10:28:49 pm
      Don't care who Blackburn get, as long as we don't end up with fat Sam if Roy gets the sack!
      An unbelievable thought
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Dec 18, 2010 11:50:43 pm

Christ Almighty! Are you intent on mentally scarring me with that image?!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #80: Dec 19, 2010 07:08:10 am
      The only way Big Fat Sam will manage a football club in Liverpool is if he gets to be manager of Everton, all L.F.C. fans can rest easy.Imagine the riots if any idiot tried to bring him to Anfield.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #81: Dec 21, 2010 10:12:40 pm
      well i bet big sam will be applying for the inter job or even The Apprentice's Stuart Baggs

..... big fish in small pond ;D ......
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #82: Dec 22, 2010 03:10:36 am
      Bet they get some gobs***e like Gareth Southgate who in fairness would out wit Roy but then again ive had more intelligent shits than roy

Quick Reply