Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Next Blackburn Boss?

Read 9002 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Next Blackburn Boss?
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2008 05:22:03 pm
      I think with all the money Citeh are suppose to have that Hughes will try and bring Bentley with him.

Bentley wouldn't go to City, he wants top 4 only if we refused and no other interest from the top 4 would he go elsewhere.  I think if he didn't get an offer from top 4 he would stay at Rovers and hope for luck in the next window!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #24: Jun 07, 2008 03:19:37 pm
      Well the obvious choice is me. I'd bring the Premiership back to Ewood Park.

But Gary Johnson (Bristol City) should be given a chance in the Premiership. Two consecutive promotions with Yeovil then promotion with Bristol City and last season he led them to the playoff final in their first season in the Championship.

Shearer would be a good choice for number 2. Not sure he's ready for a manager's job yet. McClaren should be a no. Ince up and coming but I think he'd better staying at MK Dons. Allerdyce, well if Blackburn can't sell out Ewood Park now they certainly wouldn't with him in charge. As for the big names like Manchini or Scolari, unfortunately for Blackburn I don't think they could atract that kind of manager.

Gary Johnson or Aidy Boothroyd
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #25: Jun 24, 2008 09:47:11 pm
      And the new manager for Blackburn Rovers is.....   PAUL INCE!

Paul Ince use to pay for Liverpool FC in the era of David James and Robbie Fowler (First era) before Gerard Houllier got rid of them. He were part of a click the press called Spice Boys.

Paul Ince will go down in history as the first black briton manager of a Premiership club.
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #26: Jun 25, 2008 02:01:03 pm
      So there it is Paul Ince is now the new manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Paul's managerial record so far:

Ince only played one other game for Swindon after the MK victory - before the club announced that Ince had felt he could not fulfil his playing duties with the club and that his contract had been terminated by mutual consent, although he continued coaching at the club to complete his coaching badges.

Macclesfield Town

On 23 October 2006, Ince was confirmed as the new player-manager of Macclesfield Town in succession to Brian Horton. However, he was ineligible to play for the Silkmen until January when the transfer window opened, as Swindon Town still held his registration.[4] He joined Macclesfield with the club bottom of League Two, seven points off their nearest rivals. He then revived confidence and after a 3-0 win against Chester they managed to climb off the bottom of the table. They subsequently avoided relegation, albeit on the last day of the season. On 4 January 2007 Ince was named as League Two Manager of the Month for December.

Milton Keynes Dons

Ince was unveiled as the new Milton Keynes Dons manager along with his assistant Ray Mathias and fitness coach Duncan Russell on 25 June 2007.[5] The Dons reached the top of their Division in September 2007[6] and other clubs began to take a serious interest. In October and November 2007, he denied rumours that he was being linked with managerless Premiership teams Wigan,[7] Derby County[8] and Championship team Norwich City.[9]

Ince was named as League Two "manager of the month" in October and December 2007, and again in April 2008.[10][11][12]

Ince's first silverware as manager came in the Football League Trophy Final at Wembley on March 31, 2008, with the MK Dons defeating Grimsby Town 2-0. He then secured the Dons' return to Coca-Cola League 1 in April 2008 after they beat Stockport County 3-2. On April 26, the Dons became League Two champions after they beat Bradford City 2-1.

Blackburn Rovers

In the close-season it was speculated that Ince had been contacted by Blackburn Rovers in their search to appoint a new manager, something that Ince himself denied.[13] However, the BBC reported that Ince would be named as Blackburn manager by the end of the week of 19 June.[14] He was appointed on 22 June and became the first black British manager in England's top division.[15]

Managerial stats

Team Nat From To Record
                                                                               G      W      L      D   Win %
      Macclesfield Town  23 October 2006 25 June 2007 35      14    13     08   40
      Milton Keynes Dons  25 June 2007 21 June 2008    55      33    10     12   60
      Blackburn Rovers  22 June 2008 Present                00      00    00     00

Good luck to the guy I say he has a great squad with players like Santa Cruz, Morten Gamst Pedersen, David Bentley and Benni McCarthy and should have a good first season.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #27: Jun 25, 2008 03:34:36 pm
      Good luck to the lad.  One decent season in division three and he gets a Premiership job with a top 8 club.

As a beach bum, I take my hat off to the guy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Jun 25, 2008 03:38:17 pm
      Good luck Paul Ince! but hope we beat you twice & then you beat twice manure.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #29: Jun 25, 2008 04:45:45 pm
      Good luck Paul Ince! but hope we beat you twice & then you beat twice manure.

Couldnt have put it better myself :D

Actually i would switch the "twice" and "manure" to make it a bit better :lmao:
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Jun 25, 2008 08:23:35 pm
      http://Link

Ince warns Fergie over Santa Cruz
      Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Blackburn manager Paul Ince is ready to tell former boss turned 'enemy' Sir Alex Ferguson that he has no chance of signing Roque Santa Cruz.

The Paraguayan was a major hit after signing from Bayern Munich last summer as he plundered 23 goals in all competitions - a performance which has reportedly drawn interest from the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal.

But Ince, the former midfield 'Guv'nor' at Old Trafford, insists he has no interest in allowing the striker to join Ferguson at the Barclays Premier League and European champions.

________________________ ________________________

Poor Alex Faggy.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #31: Jul 02, 2008 07:32:05 pm
      I wish the man all the best. He seems to have that ruthless streak which is essential in this day and age. I reckon he can turn Blackburn into real challengers for a top 4 position. He obviously will need some time to adapt which i presume he will get. Great to see him sticking two fingers up to Ferguson already. He means business.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2008 09:01:26 pm
      it's a massive promotion for someone who's had one good season at a third division club.

I wish I could get that type of massive job promotion.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Jul 02, 2008 09:09:08 pm
      it's a massive promotion for someone who's had one good season at a third division club.

I wish I could get that type of massive job promotion.

Yea its like going from working in McDonalds to becoming Ronald McDonald himself ::)

I think he'll do a good job but will get off to a shacky start
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #34: Jul 02, 2008 09:22:23 pm
      aye, it's like having a decent season at Bristol City and then being appointed boss at Real Madrid.

I think Blackburn will struggle - bottom third of table.

AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Jul 02, 2008 09:32:08 pm
      aye, it's like having a decent season at Bristol City and then being appointed boss at Real Madrid.

I think Blackburn will struggle - bottom third of table.

What? Paul ain't the sort of manager who has no idea of how to push forward and will get the results with the decent squad he has.  I say they will be at least 10 top come May next year.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Jul 03, 2008 10:02:40 am
      Paul Ince quick rise short demise. Sorry Paul but it will be an interesting season at Blackburn and I think you'll do O.K. so good luck to you..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jul 13, 2008 12:26:03 pm

Just realised i stabed at Ince and he turned into the gaffer :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #38: Jul 13, 2008 06:28:32 pm
      I think Incey will struggle personally. Tryin to replace Mark Hughes would be a difficult task for any manager. Although Hughes didn't win anythin with Rovers he performed miracles gettin them into Europe year in year out along with quality signings for small money (bentley, santa cruz, warnock, nelsen). So I think Ince can easily keep BRFC away from relegation with God bein top goalscorer (:P) but might not be good enough compared to what Hughes achieved.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2010 04:51:42 pm
      Fat sam has just left Blackburn.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #40: Dec 13, 2010 04:55:58 pm
      Another one bites the dust

Tit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2010 04:56:24 pm
      When? Where? Why?

It's not on Sky or BBC.

EDIT: BBC breaking news.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2010 04:57:53 pm
      Sky Sports
      Sam Allardyce leaves Blackburn Rovers with Immediate effect http://www.skysports.com/football
      Sky Sports | Football News
      www.skysports.com
      Sky Sports Latest football news, live scores, results, fixtures and team news from Premier to Champions League
      6 minutes ago · 7089 · LikeUnlike · Comment · Share

No reports yet on the actual site
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2010 04:59:32 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9283395.stm

Idiotic decision. His football may not be the best but they're quite well.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2010 04:59:58 pm
      Was annouced on twitter.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2010 05:03:51 pm
      Go on, Roy, back to Blackburn you go. They have Benjani waiting for ya.

Quick Reply