Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Andrea Dossena (Liverpool to Napoli)

Read 91322 times
      Wash-Ngog
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts | 15 
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #621: Apr 05, 2009 09:51:51 am
      I was saying a few weeks ago that if you play Dossena on the left of midfield he can cause big problems for the opposition because he will hug the touchline and is so direct that he will play lots of first-time crosses into the box.

With defenders running back to cover and facing their own goal this becomes a very difficult ball to defend and could well see teams score a few own goals against us.

Riera and Dossena are both very different options and one will give you a very direct approach whilst the other has fantastic technical ability that can be instrumental in a more pass and move type of build up.

I would say that Riera is technically one of the best players at the club without a shadow of a doubt and he has great co-ordination and a quick football brain.

Dossena isn't a particularly calculating player and doesn't really think about what his options are. He will pick the ball up and immediately look to run into the channels so that he can hit the by-line and get a cross in.

His delivery is excellent more often than not and we don't capitalise on it enough because we fail to commit enough players into the box.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #622: Apr 05, 2009 10:13:19 am
      When we're winning it's fun to watch him. When we're struggling I feel nervous....but I freely admit at the end of last year I didnt want to see him play for s again. How things change in 12 weeks. I'm with you guys, Go Get Us the Title.!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #623: Apr 05, 2009 10:24:40 am
      Looks like he may not turn out to be a flop after all.

That's exactly what I was thinking, he looked pretty good yesterday, we saw that he's got the traits of a left winger, I was also quite impressed by his runs into the box, he was really unlucky to score yesterday. Much better though, well done Andrea!
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #624: Apr 05, 2009 11:00:10 am
      Our Left Striker hahahahaha
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #625: Apr 05, 2009 12:10:23 pm
      slated him earlier.
      put my hands up and admit it.
      great outlet he has become.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #626: Apr 05, 2009 12:31:05 pm
      Had a good game on the wing yesterday. Played well and put in some decent crosses and could have bagged a couple of goals, too.

Keep it up Andrea!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #627: Apr 05, 2009 12:49:45 pm
      He's got pace, good crossing and shooting ability, not a bad passer of the ball. He definately be a winger for us, although I think Riera should remain first choice.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #628: Apr 05, 2009 02:10:31 pm
      Didn't think he was great yesterday thought his crossing was poor and we didn't really look a threat down the left till Babel came on, defintely not the long term answer on the left.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #629: Apr 05, 2009 03:14:35 pm
      Didn't think he was great yesterday thought his crossing was poor and we didn't really look a threat down the left till Babel came on, defintely not the long term answer on the left.

He hit the bar twice? In the first half our main threat was the left hand side. It was the right that needed to improve on their first half perfomance.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #630: Apr 05, 2009 03:24:24 pm
      I have to say, before the game started, i thought it was a bit strange that he was in the first XI but i thought he had a good game. He looked a threat and i think we have found a new winger ;D but seriously, i still wouldn't have him as a starter winger week in and week out. But, long may this form continue.
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #631: Apr 05, 2009 04:38:51 pm
      I dont know to be honest we signed him as a left back and its quite obvious that its not his best position from what we've seen he pulls out of 50-50 tackles and gets caught out of position too much

Saying this he gives us an option going forward he is quite good attacking but I think he might just be a bit too eccentric for Rafas liking !
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #632: Apr 05, 2009 07:43:05 pm
      I honestly didn't know what to think yesterday when I saw the line-up.  And it was strange watching him play too.
      He wasn't bad in my opinion!!  But no way is he better than Albert or Ryan.  Still its another option........
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #633: Apr 05, 2009 07:50:18 pm
      I honestly didn't know what to think yesterday when I saw the line-up.  And it was strange watching him play too.
      He wasn't bad in my opinion!!  But no way is he better than Albert or Ryan.  Still its another option........

ok he was gr8..
      but definitely not better...
      our no. 11
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #634: Apr 05, 2009 08:20:21 pm
      He was great against fulham lets hope he keeps it up
      yowg8ynwa
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #635: Apr 06, 2009 07:59:36 am
      He hit the bar twice? In the first half our main threat was the left hand side. It was the right that needed to improve on their first half perfomance.
      i agree that our left was much more productive in the first half, this was probably due to Dossena and Insua getting right up and down that left flank, Dossena can cross a ball pretty well and was in form, really unlucky to hit the crossbar with that header i thought...
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #636: Jun 22, 2009 09:12:17 am
      Well done Andrea for scoring a goal for Brazil last night

pitty he plays for italy though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #637: Jun 22, 2009 10:15:06 am
      Haha, I do think he was quite unlucky but still, can't do any wonders for our attempts to sell him if that's what we are intending to do.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #638: Jun 22, 2009 10:17:26 am
      I don't know if he'll still be here at kick off, if he is he'll be a better player for the experience of last season, I hope he stays and sees his contract through, last season I can remember one game which he struggled in, a couple more when he had one or two bad moments, apart from that he did well after January. The next month should see who we have signed and who we let go, for me, I'll be glad when all these rumours are put to bed so we can get on with the real thing and not the phony war we seem to be in.......
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #639: Jun 22, 2009 10:32:01 am
      Well, if he didn't touch the ball it would have fallen to a Brazillian player anyway.
      Poor guy, already low on confidence after a first season in the Premier League.
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #640: Jun 22, 2009 10:46:34 am
      Lets Cash In On Him :)
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #641: Jun 22, 2009 10:00:46 pm
      Look I'm sorry this is nothing to do witth the legend that is Andrea Dossena, but I was just recently a victim of an advert on this site which contained images of 3 manure players and it is giving the prize away of meeting these particular players.  Please admins, take this crap off this wonderful site.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #642: Jun 22, 2009 10:03:20 pm
      Look I'm sorry this is nothing to do witth the legend that is Andrea Dossena, but I was just recently a victim of an advert on this site which contained images of 3 manure players and it is giving the prize away of meeting these particular players.  Please admins, take this crap off this wonderful site.

There's a forum feedback section just for these kinds of issues.

Anyway, on Andrea. Peach of an oggy, that wasn't it.
      Didn't see the match, but it's just typical it had to happen to him, although in fairness the Brazilian guy was right behind him.
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      LFC Players' nicknames
      Reply #643: Jun 23, 2009 06:48:13 am
      Despite the own goal.. He played well in his national team of italy.

Quick Reply